Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jusatsushi

Has anyone here ever built a PC?

Well, my original case from 2010 is no more. I picked up an Antec GX 1200 and was going to do a complete rebuild on Saturday, but got bored and ended up doing it last night. My God, building has got a lot easier with modern cases. Everything is so well organised, and there's so much more consideration given to cable management. This case is the same size as my old one (mid tower) but it felt like building in a tardis. All that empty space!!

20170713_200650.jpg.27a99dcd49ad39d452312b5db22d9ea4.jpg

I ripped the two exhaust fans out of my old PC and put them in this one and they look a bit off, so I may replace them in the near future, and also tidy up the cabling around the GPU a bit but apart from that, pretty happy with it. Runs much cooler than my old build too.

Nice rig! This is my current PC. It's a little dusty, but the Fractal R5 case keeps it pretty much silent during normal running.

2017-07-14%2017.47.47_zpsmztmrrvz.jpg

Is that a liquid CPU cooler? Really weird this but I was think about doing a rebuild. Only problem is I bought Windows 7 and got a free upgrade to X bia download but I'm not sure how I would reinstall it. Anyone know?

Think you can create your own recovery media and it shouldn't matter but not completely sure that's the case.

Is that a liquid CPU cooler? Really weird this but I was think about doing a rebuild. Only problem is I bought Windows 7 and got a free upgrade to X bia download but I'm not sure how I would reinstall it. Anyone know?

You might need a new copy, tbh (or at least a new license key).

I know when I upgraded my PC before with a new mobo it detected it wasn't the "same" PC and required a new key.

Otherwise, you can just download an installer and stick it on a USB stick. You can get your current license key by right-clicking on My PC and selecting "Properties", it'll show up at the top.

Nice. It's only single fan, but at that price it is a steal.

I'm not even running an overclock on my 4790 so bought it entirely for the look. The green RGB should match my case and founders 1080 nicely!

RGB?! Egghhhh. My PC looks like the black monolith in 2001 space odyssey.