Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tachikoma

Most Useful Android Apps

Yeah 4.0.4 is what I'm on and it's lovely! Confusing as all fuck when I was drunk last night and couldn't work out why my phone was different!

Guest marthagogo

just downloaded the new firmware, on 4.0.3.

i really dont get it, everything is pretty much identical (some minor tweeks to signal bar etc).

am i meant to be impressed.

also considering rooting the phone to mainly get rid of bloatware. anyone done it? any point?

Guest marthagogo

actualy, it seems to have made the screen sharper, especially most of the app icons - very sharp.

ram usage seems to be up too.

Depends on your phone. It's made mine quicker and a bit sharper display too. Mine's pure android though so doesn't have the extra HTC/Samsung/whatever layer to it.

Yeah, for most people it's just going to be an "under the hood" improvement. Can't wait fo the SGSIII to be announced on the 3rd, my contract is nearly up and my SGS(1) is starting to lose the will to live.

That's more what i should have said! ^^

I've had updates to my camera, the unlock screen, the seettings... fucking everything. It went through and then the next night i went out and got pissed... couldn't work my damn phone!

You all need to get Celes Arca, it's basically FFXI on your phone, and it's all free.

It's in alpha testing at the moment, so it's a bit clunky, and the controls are annoying, but it's a proper-bo MMORPG with turn based battles!

When the game is "final" I might even be tempted to pay for a sub for it if they asked.

Guest marthagogo

any way i can go back to my previous version of Android? ics has fucked loads of my apps, not majorly just enough to be really fucking annoying, chiefly this browser - dolphin hd and more importantly swiftkey.

i also hate the way it displays call logs and contacts, seems to have a few ways of showing my contacts and options to contact.

also seems to have done something to the haptic feedback.

stuff opens slower too.

ram usage is higher , wifi connectivity can be sketchy, and ive just blocked the toilet.

go my arse and ics etc...

If you are adamant that you want to go back, you are going to have to void your warranty (if you still have one/haven't voided it already) and flash it with something like Odin or CWM (if you are already rooted/custom kernel'd)

Samsung Galaxy S III announced tonight at 7:00pm!

Cannae wait, apparently quad core 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, 720p display, gonna call Vodafrown after the event and get them to sign me up.

Guest marthagogo

your way too excited about that (post pics & specs!)

ok, so maybe wont faff to get back to old OS (and such faff it is).

is there an app i can use to replace the call and/or contacts "apps"/"buttons" its crap now. just crap.

You can use something like Handcent to replace the SMS/contacts/etc

To be honest though, if your phone is more than a year old, I would just flash CM7/CM9 or something to it.

There's plenty of supposed specs/photo's floating around of the new Samsung phone, but most appear to be the phone in some sort of dummy bumper case to make it look different that it will be when announced tonight.

3.5 hours and counting!

Can't wait to get rid of my Galaxy S (1) it's just not up to the task anymore, there's so many games and things I run that struggle with the limited RAM more than the lack of multiple cores. If the SGS3 isn't a huge improvement over the SGS2 then I will get that instead as it will be free on a tariff half the amount.

Guest marthagogo

is that because yours is pure android? ;)

its a bit unipmressive the aul s3, some of those features could be implemented on the s2, or most modern smartphones for that matter.

voice recognition still does nothing for me (nor i for it).

that eye tracking thing is quite creepy to be honest.

50gb of dropbox? fuck off (as can all these upload to cloud (read companies) things, really, do you really need to upload, sync, downlod every little thing?) - why give it a possible 64gb of internal storage & a micro sd slot?

slightly larger screen, ok, thats expected.

pebble blue?

SSSSSiri?

im sure there is lots of singing & dancing im not even aware and i could be wrong about everything but im not and im unimpressed. thanks tachi.

ps: go for an s2 if its free, or wait, the s3 will be superceded (possibly by itself by autumn).

/giving out.

its a bit unipmressive the aul s3, some of those features could be implemented on the s2, or most modern smartphones for that matter.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothings happening!

Yeah, a lot of that stuff can be done on lesser specc'd phones, Siri for example was available on the App store to all before Apple pulled it to make it a 4S only service. However, despite all the shyte about "human emotion and nature" it does look like a beast of a phone, my S1 is on it's last legs and my contract is up in 2 weeks so it would be silly not to get something over the top to try to make it last the next 24 months. I have just seen the first lot of tariffs and free phone for £36 a month isn't as bad as I was expecting to be honest. That's what my S1 cost with a CarPhone WhoreHouse discount (should have been £41/m)

Guest marthagogo

just ditched googles own podcast player for having the crappest search ever.

giving beyondpod a go but cant see how its worth 5euro after a week?

Guest marthagogo

i can see its simplicity but to be honest, i think its more for people who knwo what they want, i like one that will make life easy for me, searches and that.

Guest marthagogo

tried your carcast and a few other fancier ones over past few days.

going for podkicker. even stumped up for pro version. its very very good.

If anyone has 10 minutes to spare, I would really appreciate if you could download "Rage of Bahamut, complete the tutorial (takes about 10 minutes) and then enter my referral code: "bun38723" at the end. It's an online trading card game and you get a rare card for referring friends.

It has stupid permissions to prevent you creating multiple accounts on a single phone and get loads of the rare cards.

If you find you actually enjoy it, choose man or demon and I can send you loads of cards as I use God cards, so they are no use to me.

Picked up my Galaxy S3 on Friday, it's absolutely stunning, and chews through apps like there's no tomorrow. Only "problem" is it really needs more than 1GB of RAM as it pre-caches loads of apps and the launcher has to reload quite often.