Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tachikoma

Most Useful Android Apps

Princess Punt is a fairly fun game, kinda Angry Birds with levelling and stuff

Loving Princess Punt, thanks for the heads up!

Guest marthagogo

dolphin hd browser is brilliant, loads of cool add-ons too.

that astrid is pretty cool too. just trying to master it and get it to do things by date.

thanks shufty.

case for phone arrived to, feel very sci-fi pda-ish.

Guest marthagogo

hmm, not to taken by astrid tbh, its great just as a general to do list but cannot figure out how to make it only show items by date.

and deleting tasks is overly fiddly.

reverted back to the agenda widget for dated items but have now forgotten how to make it bigger!

these phones are ridiculously addicitive.

Guest marthagogo

Fuck! This thing is still amazing me. downloaded Kobo reader and its fupping briliant. never thought you could read books on a phone.

Guest marthagogo

its got scummvm! very easy to use too. you can download a good few games from their site direct to phone & unzip them too.

file management is a little fiddly but some good free apps to make it easier.

downloaded loads of news apps too; huffington, newscientist, appy geek, popular science 7 a couple that kind of gather news on various subjects in one place.

found a sweet litle game called cavedroid too - free & very simple.

also, Kobo ereader is miles better that the kindle one.

Guest marthagogo

Oh sweet. got a 1gb data package and finally got the maps working. i suppose the benefits of android is having the Google maps connection.

Shame the maps for our area are dungeon. looked like i was walking into the middle of nowhere.

The smartphone fever is back!

Nerdstalgia, retro camera app that does GameBoy, Spectrum, and so on in real time, rather than post-processing the image. Been looking for a GameBoy camera app since I got my Android phone, rather expensive for what it is at £1.29, but considering the amount of time I have been looking for one I figured I might as well just buy it.

Guest marthagogo

This Swype thing is pretty fecking cool! Much better than the normal way of doing things.

Also see the Android IP boards app is due out soon.

Is it strange that I have no idea what Minecraft is supposed to be? all I see is an early Quake style 1990's graphics engine and lots of blocks.

Minecraft has a foreign currency conversion payment on it, if I paid 13p for it, I would be charged £5 by my credit card company...

Guest marthagogo

cheers ginj, got a oad of them for 10 cent each.

the keypad is nice (never used swype anyway it was just its keyboard was better than standard).

On another note, anyone use the kobo reader app? i dont know if its just me but everytime i open it, it insists on redownloading ALL the fucking books in my library.

sharp email coming up methinks.

Guest marthagogo

Android is starting to piss me off now. All the good apps are coming soon..? But are available on iphonr and ms phones.

I know there are a bazillion handsets running loads of variations of the os but surely app developers can stop supporting older os types and older phone types?

Tried the ms/nokia handset, not overly gone on the interface.

It's a case of time and money and continued support. It's easier to develop for one platform then port over than develop multiple platforms at once.

Never been a fan of the Windows OS on phones.

I'm a happy bunny as I got the Android 4.0 update last night. It's actually sped up my phone quite nicely which is the opposite of what I thought would happen as my phone is outdated now.

Guest marthagogo

Ooh, is it any good? Im due it in a week. Im planning to root my handset after its done.

I updated mine to 4.0.3 last night (unofficial ROM as Samsung have abandoned the SGS) and it's pretty damn good, no real problems and it seems a lot smoother than with 2.3.6