Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tachikoma

Most Useful Android Apps

Guest marthagogo

just tried to install the latest apk from android pilce & it went through the motions but when you open the store its the same as always.

tried searching the xda site s3 gt-i9300 with 4.1.1. couldnt find anything.

this is annoying me more than it should now.

It's probably down to his region, there may be legal reasons why he doesn't have the updated store (books/movie licencing for example)

What you want is a modified play store that skips the country check, or even better just install the UK 4.1.2 ROM so your CSC won't say it's from Ireland.

You could try clearing the default/cache for Google play then open it up again, may update your version

Guest marthagogo

phone updated to 4.1.2 this morning and did that cache cleaning but no change in the store.

im of the conclusion that its definitely an irish networks thing as from looking for the play store apk files to download im apparently on the latest play store build (3.10.10).

ah well, suppose it will save me money anyway.

also, am i alone in not considering my phone a gaming platform, i know there are some good games but i cant get excited about any of them. like, i want to go home & play borderlands 2 right now but i have my phone and there is not one game where i think "ooh ill have a 20 minute skive and play this because its so good".

the above also leads to my kind of disbelief at all these mini android based consoles. what good are they really?

I will have a quick bash at a game on the phone every now and then, but I have lots of console-like games such as Shadowgun, GTAIII, GLWG, etc and find I go for the more basic games such as Contre Jour or ChuChu Rocket.

I really hate using the virtual pad on phones, does my head in. The mass effect game looked great and had some nice ideas but was an absolute pain in the arse to control using a touchscreen. Some games are awesome though, peggle and zookeeper spring to mind

Guest marthagogo

zombie 5k is fricking brilliant. brilliant.

and 2 other things;

chrome for android - i dont get it. tried it after dolphin bummed out on me (discovered it was an issue with dolphin jetpack). just have dolphin browser on its own now after trying a few alternatives and all of them are shit. including chrome - wont let me delete o2 bookmarks? fuck right off.

super hexagon - you make me feel like a tard. thanks for that.

just ordered up a shiny new Nexus4 so i can finally do things on my phone without it crapping out.

any good app/game recommendations over the last year or so?

Sweet. I was thinking of getting a few emulators on there due to the general lack of top games available for it.

Guest marthagogo

oh fecking hell, forgot what a ball ache changing handsets on Android is, had to faff around backing up the old s3 and it still transfers over sweet fuck all.

loving the note 3, sweet screen and loads of ram. only on Android 4.3 though which is annoying.

anyway to the crux of my question /issue; not only does it look like a giant s2 once safely ensconced in an otterbox defender, it also shares the issue of having a fuck to of uninstall able shit. think I may have to root it, any tips or guides? (idiots guide of course).

failing that, is there any font packs that will work on 4.3+? these default ones are driving me crazy!

What? I've switched between 3 different Android sets and it's be simple as anything. Just sync everything to your Google email address.

Guest marthagogo

same here, the swapping of apps and contacts is no bother but i always find lots of bits always go missing (saves etc). maybe im doing something wrong but its way clunkier than the apple swapping.

as an aside, downloaded the smart ir remote app (still pricey even on sale: 5.50 but is working like treat on all the devices i have so far.

Guest SlyEnemy

Rooting was a piece of piss on Galaxy Note2, and Cyananogen Mod has it's own installer now which removes 90% of the bricking danger.

I've been looking for a decent music player for Android as the Google Play one is utter shite. I got Poweramp, which is excellent. It has seriously revitalized my music collection. everything is crystal clear, even the hiss between tracks <_ it has a plain old bass and treble knob as well the normal equalizer gubbins.>

I will have to pay for it but I don't mind paying for something good.

I have tested it with Metallica, Pendulum, Motorhead and New Order and it is just brilliant.

lack of knowing about it?

Is it an Apple thing?, can't see it on the Android store

Look on xda, it will be ripped off a Sony Xperia phone so not official. I used it fine on my s3.