Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tachikoma

Most Useful Android Apps

Kongregate is an online games service, with some games that are actually quite good.

Haven't touched it on Android since 1.6 as the screen was not good enough for controlling it, would use it more if they allowed me to configure the keyboard on my phone instead.

If you're patient enough to get used to it then the Swype Keyboard is an awesome addition to Android :lol:

Also Extended controls, lets you create custom settings bars to enable/disable wi-fi, bluetooth, GPS etc all at the touch of a button on your home screen!

Emulator ROMS is probably one of my fav apps, offers an impressive library of GBS, NES, SNES and PSX emulators and games :thumbsup:

If you're patient enough to get used to it then the Swype Keyboard is an awesome addition to Android :lol:

Also Extended controls, lets you create custom settings bars to enable/disable wi-fi, bluetooth, GPS etc all at the touch of a button on your home screen!

Emulator ROMS is probably one of my fav apps, offers an impressive library of GBS, NES, SNES and PSX emulators and games :thumbsup:

I still can't get my head round it, i try it for a bit then it makes me mad, so i go back to the normal one!

swype bugged on me so it simply stopped working even if I reinstalling. no major loss as I had a hardware keyboard on my phone. Great concept though.

Using a custom ROM on mine now, it's frightening how much faster my phone is compared to the stock Samsung 2.3.3 ROM. ^_^

I've always been a fan of the custom Roms for Android since the G1, one of my main reasons for using it all the time as there's such an active community producing all sorts of awesomeness. The one I'm running at the moment on my orange San Francisco has doubled my battery life, which is nice!

Mate at work is using Cyangenmod or whatever it's called on his San Francisco, now running 2.3 and it's fast as hell

Oooh what ROM are you using? I bought that phone for George, and it's dog slow.

I've been running the Swedish Spring Rls5 (based on android 2.2 froyo) and it's great for me, got a smart cpu scaler too which rops the cpu speed when the phone is sleeping which is lovely for battery life

linky

I am tempted to flash the cyanogen mod though, as it gets lots of praise, and runs gingerbread

arriva has an app for buying tickets (all day, all week etc). Saves me losing the damn tickets, but you'd have thought you could get bus times through it as well but no.

Quick round up of what I've been using:

Homerun Battle 3D - (Free/Paid Version)

homerunbattle7.jpg

This is an excellent little game, in both free and paid for versions. The scoring system is excellent, achievements are in place to give you bonus "Golden Balls" which you use to level up your character (Not in the traditional role playing sense, but by buying new gear which affects your Power and Control stats). It takes a few games to get used to, but it's exceptionally addictive, has a great online mode and constantly rewards.

5/5

Stardunk - (Free)

2_shoot.png

Beautiful looking, if shallow - addictive in it's own way but has a confusing scoring system which seems half reliant on power ups that you receive (sometimes at the expense of a perfect shot). It's basically Basketball in space, using your finger to choose the angle of the shit, you score as much as you can in a give amount of time. Worth a shot, especially as it's free.

3/5

Pumpkins Versus Monsters - (Free)

PumpkinsVsMonsters.jpg

A mix of Tower Defence and Money Idol Exchange, create 3 pumpkins of the same colour in a row then "fling" the row at oncoming enemies. Graphics are charming in their own little way, and it certainly beats reading a pamphlet on The Conservative Party when you go for a shit.

3/5

Edited by SlyEnemy

Mobile browsing not so bad.

What android things are essential?

Got bar code reader. code scanner. adobe pdf . Unit converter . do i need a browser? This one seems ok. not too keen on it making you have a mail account to use the marketplace .

Not paid for any yet!

The led torch is very cool. what fun.

Off the top of my head:

App killer - turn off background crap and save battery life.

Astro file manager. Makes managing space and installations easier.

Inkpad - free post it note app for jotting down stuff.

PDF viewer

Snes9x and a load of RPGs

Dungeon Hunter 1 and 2 - awesome Diablo clones for phones.

downloaded a sweet free game called defender - it has some small ads but its the usual pretty & addicitive minigame where you defend a castle wall from waves of enemies with a crossbow. its tough but forgiving.

having trouble getting used to the opera browser, should i have got the mini one instead? i keep going back to the default one instead as its kind of cleaner.

i can really see why people love these smart phones, so nice. it really makes the iphone 3g show its age. would love to see how the 4s compares to the 3g too, bet its wicked.

any other recommendations?

I use Dolphin browser, has a good way of accessing bookmarks.

Princess Punt is a fairly fun game, kinda Angry Birds with levelling and stuff

i love that i can adds these tips as notes on my phone!

i dont love that im considering dropping 30 dollars to upgrade a virtual catapult & castle wall.