Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tachikoma

Most Useful Android Apps

Ringdroid - Make and edit ringtones from MP3's

Robo Defense - Tower Defense game

ACV - CBR/CBZ comic reader

Mystique Chapter 1 - Free 3D puzzle/horror game, borrows heavily from The Ring/Silent Hill/etc

Zenonia - old-school RPG with gorgeous 2D SNES era graphics

3G Data Usage Beta - Keep track of your data allowance, also has a handy widget so you don't need to keep launching it

TaskOS - Awesome task manager, no ads

Google Sky Map - Find stars, planets, etc

PureRSS - Ad free RSS reader

Layar - Ultimately pointless Augmented Reality thingy that lets you find restaurants, cash machines, games, etc

I used to find Rings Extended useful, use any of your own sounds as ringtones etc

Spare Parts lets you tweak some options that aren't available in the normal options menu.

Frozen Bubble you know this one :)

Handcent SMS - far superior to the default SMS client

Astrid - brilliant To Do list app

Abduction World Attack - stupidly addictive game

Astro - file manager

Zombies Live!

My (obviously Zombie) Horde Code is:

SVRDFH

Add me so I stop getting pwn'd by stupid vampires!

:hammer:

App killer - extends your battery life by shutting down all apps running in the background.

Vignette - Same as hipstmatic on iphone. Free version restriscts your pics to 0.3mp but the paid one (about 3 quid) goes up to the full res of your camera.

Ping chat - Bit useless if you have free texts but some people don't and this goes on your data allowence instead. just a simple messaging/chat service thingy.

Winamp have released an Android version and it's rather good. Some very nice UI design and much better than Meridian which I was using previously

It is but not on Marketplace for the moment. I've tracked it down and it needs some serious optimization, still bloody good but could run smoother, saying that I'm running on a Hero so it's pre-snapdragon processors.

Edited by Shufty

It is but not on Marketplace for the moment. I've tracked it down and it needs some serious optimization, still bloody good but could run smoother, saying that I'm running on a Hero so it's pre-snapdragon processors.

Runs fine on my Samsung Galaxy S, but that does have 512MB RAM and a 1Ghz Processor...

Now have a spiffy new HTC Desire Z and Angry Birds runs lovely. Super KO Boxing 2 is worth checking out but it won't run on Hero

Nice one, it's a bugger they changed the refund window to 15 minutes games like this are only going to increase but really they don't have to provide a refund at all.

To be fair on this game, you download a 5MB client and agree to the terms before it downloads the rest of the game. Apparently the client checks if your phone can actually handle the game (free space, specs, etc) and will warn you if you are about to waste your money.

The game has various settings as well so if you have a slower phone you can reduce the resolution to speed it up, it's all done pretty well from the few minutes I have spent tinkering with it.

The size is apparently due to the fact this is a high res port/reworking of a PSP game so is stuffed with video and higher bitrate audio files.

Why did no one tell me there's a Kongregate app? Free to download and currently 399 flash games all available to play for free!! WIN-waitforit...waitforit...-NAR!