Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Rich

Most useful iPhone apps

It's not technically like reading the Guardian paper. You have various sections that update when there is new content.. Top Stories, Galleries, Sport, Culture, Features and Most viewed. You can also view selected columnists and looking at trending subjects. Also, if you're going somewhere with no signal, you can choose which sections to download for offline reading. To be honest it's like the best bits of the Guardian. Well worth £2.20 of whatever it is.

I've got an app on my hero that is available on iPhone called Bump. Makes sending photos and contacts a lot easier (especially with locked down bluetooth on both phones). Both phones need the app though, but it's free.

Chop Chop Ninja is free today. A fun little game.

Also worth checking out if they're still free BubbleXplode, Saving Private Sheep and Spinzizzle.

Guest skunko

Reeder is absolutely essential. It's an RSS feed reader and links with your google reader account to basically put all your favourite RSS based websites in one place! So I've got VG247, The Guardian, NME, Empire and our very own Pedro's Japan blog all in one nice little App! Not bad for just under £2!

McDs Finder is awesome - finds McDonalds near you and then you can click through to google maps and it fires up the directions!

Guest FolkoRoco

Thanks for this thread I didn't know it existed hence me starting the other one!

Guest SlyEnemy

I have an Android phone because it's better than an iPhone, but for all you poor suckers with rich pockets, get Kick Flick Football, because it's probably the best thing ever made. Genuinely awesome.

Guest FolkoRoco

Game dev story is amazing. I want this baby's babies!

Edited by FolkoRoco

Nothing on this?

Admittedly I don't think I use the same appset as anyone else here, mainly Tokyo train timetables and language guides, but there has to be some recconendations surely?

My two offerings are Madpad - a record/mix soundboard tool which is fun to dick around with - and run keeper, which is a great gps tool for timing runs and setting sprint gaps etc.

I like Cash Finder - finds cash machines based on location, specfies if they are free or not (and the cost if they are pay).

McDs Finder - same as above, but for McDonalds LOL!!

Guest marthagogo

McD's finder! brilliant.

surely at this stage the apps are available mostly availble for iphone & android?

there seems to be a right few dodgy ones on android though.

Well, I listed some ages ago... haven't updated it in a while. But here's some over the last year that I've messed around with:

L&M Guitar - Basic open and Barre chords mapped out for you - and a really good tuner built in.

Amplitube - Expensive at £11 but it's basically a guitar amp (you also need something called an iRig which plugs into the phono socket, which basically means you can connect the headphones and guitar at the same time.) You can basically construct guitar sounds with various amps, mods and stomp boxes. One downside is that on my 3GS there was a slight delay when strumming to hearing it (enough to annoy you) but on the 4S it's perfect. Ideal if I don't want to plug into the amp and you just want to fuck off into the bedroom and play.

RL Classic - QR code reader, and a good one.

Garageband - Had this on the mac and never took much notice of it. But if you want to dick about this is amazing for £3. You can do so much with it it's unreal. You can use smart drums or use it as a drum machine, plug your guitar in, just use the on screen guitar for chords.... it is really excellent considering it's an app on a phone and it's £3.

Don't buy Tetris on the iPhone.... doesn't translate well to being touch screen.

http://www.amazon.co...25542563&sr=8-1

Depending on what you want to do, the Amplitube app is quite cool as it's probably the most customisable (i.e. stomp boxes, amp types, playing with all the levels) but it's about £12 for the app! You can also use it with Garageband, which is fucking brilliant for £3!!!! Probably the most bargainous application ever. However you can choose from loads of guitar sounds, but you can't really mess with the bass/mids/trebles or anything, apart from change the pedals... I think... I need to mess more with Garageband as on the iPad there is a shit load more options than there is when you use it on the iPhone, especially on Guitar.

Edited by Mr Rich

I got garage band. Gonna use my comp to do a bit of recording so not bothered about eq as I can do that stuff in the mix.

Guest marthagogo

what do you mean? like free music? i thought the itunes store was all singing & dancing?

Edited by marthagogo

Guest marthagogo

there is a pretty good one for android caled music wizard but i dont know if there is an apple equivalent, i doubt they would let it happen.

So. I went into to the City to buy pants and contact lenses. I won at that, but I also came away with an iPhone 4s( still not sure how that happened) Anyway, I backed up my 3GS and restored the back up to my 4s with complete success. I just have one problem, and I can't seem to sort it out, my App store is now showing me prices in $.

Anyone have any ideas on sorting this out?

Other than that, it's all a bit lovely isn't it :)