Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlyEnemy

Tales of Vesperia

It is very nice, and I've managed to level my party up to some ungodly point. 8 hours in, and the story has still yet to grab me though.

Guest marthagogo

i never really got on with the battle system in symphonia, how similar it is?

Guest SlyEnemy
i never really got on with the battle system in symphonia, how similar it is?

Now in all new 3D.

I tend to limit myself with RPG's, considering they all follow exactly the same formula, so hopefully this should grab me. Loved Symphonia.

Wow, the story started very kiddy and vague but some of the shit that's happening now is awesome. Yuri is properly badass. A great lead.

Guest SlyEnemy

Yeah, first time I've liked a lead in an RPG for a good while. Very rogueish and trying to be unsensitive, he doesn't strike as the typical emo bullshit even though he looks like one.

Also, so far, I think the voice acting has been great. Especially Yuri, again.

Love this game sooooo much :wub:

Might I also add best enemy design ever. Every one is so well drawn and thought out. Only negative is Karrol, I really want to slap him, though he is running around dressed as a frog so I kinda get my own back for his whining.

Guest SlyEnemy

I haven't played this in a while but plan to go back to it as I was having fun. This is the biggest bug-bear for me with RPG's though - Once I leave it for a week or so I find it really difficult to get back into it.

Might I also add best enemy design ever

Dragon Quest VIII. It is a superb game though.

Guest marthagogo
This is the biggest bug-bear for me with RPG's though - Once I leave it for a week or so I find it really difficult to get back into it.

you speaketh the truth.

so far ive done this with:

tales of symphonia

dragon quest 8

shawdow hearts 2

chrono trigger

disgea (although in fairness its a bit silly).

shouldnt have thought of that, feel a bit annoyed now.

I still think this is better - some of the later enemies are works of art in their intricacy. Wait till you see the

Lion with feathers.

Guest TwinHype

^^ This, I love the dancing vampire or Jester (can't remember what it is but it dances like a king)

Played several hours of this last night, and got my 'Big Game Hunter' achievement for kicking the ass of an apparently epic creature. I then ran into another one in the desert, but he was 12 levels past my main character, and one hit killed most of my party.

Just got this from Games on Demand. Had a quick go, seems good but determined to finish FFVI first. I've actually started FFVI about 5 times now probably but I'm a good distance into the WoR now...

Fuck off unskippable cutscenes. If I die, I don't want to wait 10 fucking mintues so I can try again. Seriously testing my patience.

I managed to lose the tutorial battle for burst Artes since I suck at fighting 1 vs 2. Just can't seem to get any attacks in without being interrupted by another enemy, even if I free roam a bit to line them up. So I died, and went all the way back to the previous boss fight in that ruined town place and had to sit through about 10 cutscenes. Grr.

I find the combat rather enjoyable but repeating a cutscene even once is like a guaranteed way to piss me off.

All cutscenes should be skippable. It should be rule number 2 of game-making.

Those restaurant minigames are a pain in the arse. Well, raven's was. Still, funny outfits FTW.

And I can fly.

28 hours clocked so far...

The fights against the big non boss monsters are good fun. Done 3 so far, one in the caves (quite tough), one in the desert (pretty simple, just wail on him with overlimits) and one on the path up to the mountains which was a bastard.

Edited by Duffman

I love how the only bosses I lose to are the ones with really long cutscenes before hand.