Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
village

Resident Evil 5

I did that in the demo, took her pistol so she was forced to use the SMG. Problem is that the silly bitch sprays rounds everywhere and stands there like an African Oliver-fucking-Twist asking for more. After that I just stuck her with the pistol and used her as a glorified mobile storage crate.

Just having the extra pistol backing you up whilst you do the heavy lifting seemed to work a treat, but whether that still holds true in the full game remains to be seen.

It's a lot better than the demo would have you believe, but at the same time it's a step backwards from Resident Evil 4. I can't see myself keeping this long after I've finished it, purely because I can't see myself going back to it, no matter how much I'm currently enjoying it.

EDIT: And also it crashed while loading. gg capcom

Edited by Thwomp

Married 6.2 (What?) male, seeks similar for Black Zombie rampage, and maybe more. Will travel.

The demo was absolute shit, and came exceptionally close to putting me right off this. The full game though is pretty good, nothing original but still enjoyable. Playing it single player is harder than it should be though, due to Sheva spunking away ammo at an alarming rate.

The demo was absolute shit, and came exceptionally close to putting me right off this. The full game though is pretty good, nothing original but still enjoyable. Playing it single player is harder than it should be though, due to Sheva spunking away ammo at an alarming rate.

^^ This.

Love the game to bits, it's like Resi 4 never ended, but Sheva is a fucking liability in single player. She's proven time and again that she can't be trusted with anything, especially ammo and health items. I've relegated her to a glorified backpack now, with just a pistol to fight with while I use a machine gun as my primary weapon and keep a hold of all other weapons, herbs and FA sprays. I'll pass off weapons to her as needed but strictly limit her ammo so she doesn't do the aforementioned spunking of it. Because of this the game is sorely missing a proper 'split ammo' function so you can give or recieve an exact amount if you need to.

She's a damn good shot and useful to have for the most part but unless she has more options to configure her behaviour, I may as well just be leading around Rincewind's Luggage. At least she hasn't gotten herself into any stupid situations yet though, even if she's set to attack, she seems to be able to hold her own and avoid most danger pretty well, in cover mode she sticks like glue, so she's not all bad.

I think co-op is definitely the way to go with this. It's not a game-breaker but you'll be able to manage your resources and firepower more effectively if you do.

Totally agree with the 'split ammo' point, it's ridiculous you can't do this. Where's the point in giving her an entire box of ammo, when you only want to say split it with her? Can't belive none of the play-testers thought of this. I thought i'd try her out with the Shock Stick, but the silly cow decided to use it exclusively, refusing to use anything else at all.

And she was totally useless with the boss fight in 5-1. She had a ak-47, sub machine gun, pistol, and plenty of ammo, and she basically did fuck all and left me to do the hard work. Good thing the boss was easy enough.

^^ This.

Love the game to bits, it's like Resi 4 never ended, but Sheva is a fucking liability in single player. She's proven time and again that she can't be trusted with anything, especially ammo and health items. I've relegated her to a glorified backpack now, with just a pistol to fight with while I use a machine gun as my primary weapon and keep a hold of all other weapons, herbs and FA sprays. I'll pass off weapons to her as needed but strictly limit her ammo so she doesn't do the aforementioned spunking of it. Because of this the game is sorely missing a proper 'split ammo' function so you can give or recieve an exact amount if you need to.

She's a damn good shot and useful to have for the most part but unless she has more options to configure her behaviour, I may as well just be leading around Rincewind's Luggage. At least she hasn't gotten herself into any stupid situations yet though, even if she's set to attack, she seems to be able to hold her own and avoid most danger pretty well, in cover mode she sticks like glue, so she's not all bad.

I think co-op is definitely the way to go with this. It's not a game-breaker but you'll be able to manage your resources and firepower more effectively if you do.

Thats an insult to rincewinds luggage. The luggage is far more usefull than her :P

This has been sitting on my shelf since last Friday and I have no urge to play it whatsoever, PS2/Wii taking my time :( it should pass though.

you might go back to that feeling after a little play. i kept trying to do a gears type roll away when confronted by a load of enemies... if they're going to do a actioner like this the controls need to be sorted. and sheva is really annoying...

Wait til it does a full on 'let's copy Gears' bit near the end, that section was pretty annoying, and totally unnecessary.

Right, I really need a co-op buddy. If anyone has held off from buying the game, and is looking for someone to play with, just give me a shout.

Delicious head explodies in Mercenaries! Yay, mercenaries is back, wheeeeee heeee!

I can't believe we've waited, what, 2 Years for this? And now it's over? I was really alarmed when GamesTM said it clocked in at around 10 hours when Resi 4 was 20 ish, but luckily it doesn't feel too short.

Makes me worry there's a growing trend for cutting back on the awesome deep solo adventures to focus more on multiplayer.

I really enjoyed Resi 5, but I still crave more for the claustrophobic, B-movie, feel of the pre RE4 resident evils. I kind of felt RE5 was too action oriented, I liked the old resis becuase they kind of made you feel too scared to turn a corner sometimes, and I miss zombies.

Would really like to see a resident evil outbreak style game on the 360, I think the PS2 Outbreak games would have been far superior if they had been X-box live.

Edited by Dark_Knight

Dear god no, i hope we never see Outbreak ever again. It was fucking shit, and it wasn't the 'offline' nature of the first game to blame. Your inventory was even more limited and useless than 5, once you picked up a pistol, a ammo box, a key item, and one more, you couldn't carry anything else. It was totally unclear where you were meant to be going. Your team-mates were retards.

And when you finished the first level, with no explanation, you were thrown into a sewer lab or something.

Utter, utter, shit.

^^ Agree with this.

They could make it work quite easily, L4D proved that, but let's face it, they're clearly incapable of creating a good online mode for Resi.

I mean PvP for chrissakes?? Gimme a break <_ let have some frakkin co-op missions you blundering bunch of blistering ballbags>

Heh, wait til you get to the last few boss fight. Sheva does absolutely fuck all, the useless bitch.

God i remember now spending about 10 minutes trying to finish the first level on Outbreak. Reason was i had to pick a file up (yep, even the files took up inventory slots), because the key to a door i needed was under the file. It took me ages to figure that shit out.

Seriously Capcom, never, ever, EVER bring back Outbreak. It sucked Super Monkey Balls.

I reviewed Outbreak for that competition run here ages ago. It did not win me an Evil Monkey T-Shirt, but it did warn of the game's shittiness.

yeah he's right about everything and as he said RE4 is in there...

tonight i went to play for half an hour and played for two so I'm still enjoying it, more so than dead space, but I have no idea what's going on.

Oh fuck, the bit right at the end made me cringe. Why Yahtzee? WHY?!

which bit?

you can sense he baltantly hated the game before he even played it.

hes still a wanker.