Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tachikoma

Random (non-gaming) news

Guest Kaede

Tempted to change my name to 'Even Faster Than Captain Fantastic Faster than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine the Hulk and the Flash Combined'.

But then again, I'm not a c***, so I won't.

Edited by Kaede

Guest SlyEnemy

If he's going to change his name to the longest, I'm going to change my to the shortest. I shall now be known as .

Guest DADDYCOOL

Jesus Christ...

Quote"

Mysterious samurai saves Police in UK

A samurai sword wielding vigilante has come to the rescue of two Police officers when they were attacked by an armed gang in South Shields, England.

A group of men had forced their way into a house and were ransacking the place when passing plain-clothes officers were alerted by a woman inside screaming.

The criminals outnumbered them and were armed with a hammer, knives and chains and attacked the Police officers.

As one of them stabbed at a Policeman with his knife, a mysterious do-gooder appeared from nowhere and attacked him with a samurai sword.

One of the burglars began running away but was stopped by the stranger who struck him on the arm with the sword.

Two of the criminals were arrested, but in true hero style the samurai disappeared before police could speak to him.

A third man was arrested later and two more are still being hunted.

Police are especially keen to trace the man with the sword who came to the aid of their officers, and have asked for anyone with information to call them."

Link to page

Thats about 30 miles from where i live

Edited by DADDYCOOL

Hiro maybe?

Oh, and having done Ninjutsu, you wouldn't have used a sword, you would have just snapped their elbows or knees the wrong way. Using a bokkun (small rod of wood or metal) or just your thumb (shuto) in the armpit to fuck up their arm for a while so they couldn't use a weapon.

Guest DADDYCOOL

Nike do a similar style of training shoe? and it is the North East.... Samurai Chav?

air_rift_front_tabi_socks.JPG

Edited by DADDYCOOL

:lol:

Looks more like a ballet slipper!

Interesting ninja-factoid:

Each "clan" has it's own signature weapon or technique. Ours was the hand (palm of your hand) and feet claws which are used to "catch" swords and run up trees, giving the clan it's name "forest demons"

Also used for clawing at someone's face, just imagine "back in the day" coming across some dude dressed in black with no sword, you think you can have him, swing your sword, he catches it in his "bare hands" slices your face open like a tiger/bear, then runs up a tree. Would put the shits up anyone.

Guest DADDYCOOL

We need a Ninja/ancient Japan thread, cos theres other things i want to know, like did they have those hand glider/kite type things?

Fraid not, but they really did have those fans that had blades in them. Useful for when you (Samurai) are in the pub fanning yourself after a hard day's slaughtering and someone has a go before you can reach for your sword.

Assuming it was true, couldn't he be done for flashing as he was openly flaunting his nudeness in a window that had no curtains?

Assuming it was true, couldn't he be done for flashing as he was openly flaunting his nudeness in a window that had no curtains?

Depends if he was overlooking the back garden... which coincidentally is what the doctor had to do.

Dizzee Rascal for PM...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/7713242.stm

Seriously, since Obama won, everyone's wondering if we're going to have a black PM. Why do we have a black PM? Surely we should have an Asian PM if we're going down the minority root as we have a larger Asian population than a black population.

Drives me mental this sort of shit.

Dizzee Rascal for PM...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/7713242.stm

Seriously, since Obama won, everyone's wondering if we're going to have a black PM. Why do we have a black PM? Surely we should have an Asian PM if we're going down the minority root as we have a larger Asian population than a black population.

Drives me mental this sort of shit.

We've already got a Scotch in 10 Downing Street, isn't that enough?

We've already got a Scotch in 10 Downing Street, isn't that enough?

We've had a German Queen for 50 odd years... sure... give me a Mongolian Prime Minister for all I care.