Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tachikoma

Random (non-gaming) news

Having read that, I feel really sorry for the guy. He didnt mean it, and once he realized that he was unfit to drive he did the right thing and handed his license in. He should not have been driving, and its the failure of the 'system' that allowed him to be. /imo

Re-testing should be mandatory every 5 or so years, both for the muppet VW Golf drivers

I drive a Golf you cheeky fucker.

But do you drive like a twat?

Do you think, on a roundabout that the next lane of traffic should change lanes because you don't need to touch the steering wheel, and can just take a straight line across it?

Do you think the indicator is an "optional extra"?

Etc

We get cut up I can guarantee you at least every other day by a VW driver.

Guest SlyEnemy
Kyle Doyle, a 21-year old asshat from Australia, went out one night and got himself good and drunk. And then, like a little pussy, didn't want to go to work the next day. So what did he do? He called his employer and told them he was out due to a "valid medical reason". But then he updated his Facebook profile.

Kyle Doyle is not going to work, fuck it i'm still trashed SICKIE WOO.

Oh man, I want to get trashed SICKIE WOO. I don't even know what it means but damn it sounds like fun. But seriously Kyle, accept my friendship request already.

Hit the jump to read the full exchange between Kyle and HR from when he tried to get his leave processed as a valid sick day.

EXCHANGE WITH HR

HR: Please provide a medical certificate stating a valid reason for your sick leave on Thursday 21st2008.

Kyle: "1 day leave absences do not require a medical certificate as stated in my contract, provided I have stated that I am on leave for medical reasons."

HR: Usually that is the case, as per your contract. However please note that leave during these occasions is only granted for genuine medical reasons. You line manager has determined that your leave was not due to medical reasons and as such we cannot grant leave on this occasion.

Kyle: My leave was due to medical reasons, so you cannot deny leave based on a line manager's discretion, with no proof, please process leave as requested.

HR:I believe the proof that you are after is below (a screen grab of the Facebook page is attached to the email)

From Geekologie. Lol.

Guest SlyEnemy
Well folks, it's been nice knowing you, but the end is nigh. The Pentagon recently put out a request to contractors to build a "Multi-Robot Pursuit System" to "search for and detect a non-cooperative human." Hoooooly shit.

"What we have here are the beginnings of something designed to enable robots to hunt down humans like a pack of dogs. Once the software is perfected we can reasonably anticipate that they will become autonomous and become armed.

We can also expect such systems to be equipped with human detection and tracking devices including sensors which detect human breath and the radio waves associated with a human heart beat. These are technologies already developed."

Wow, just wow. And you thought I was half kidding about the robot apocalypse thing, didn't you? Well I wasn't. I was whole not kidding. We're fucked. I mean, this is just awful. Imagine: packs of armed BigDogs and LittleDogs hunting "non-cooperative" humans. Run for the hills! And also, a couple of you slow runners distract the beasts with some blatantly uncooperative behavior.

Packs of robots will hunt down uncooperative humans [newscientist]

Thanks Nolan, I've never been more depressed in my life.

Geekologie again. Holy shit, we're all going to die.

Guest Sly Reflex

I'll get my gran to confound them, she can break pretty much anything to do with technology on minutes. She broke her microwave after about 2 weeks, she keeps bog roll in it now. No shit.

Guest Sly Reflex

Hey, don't start that again.

O/ ;)

Guest village

It's a high five man

o/ = Guy on left

\o = Guy on right

\o/ = Guy watching the high five and feels left out. So he just throws his arms in the air

o = Guy with no arms, noone really likes him.

Guest burntoutbanger

(.)(.)

\O/

Feeling boobies!!

:D

Edited by burntoutbanger

(_y_)

\o/

Feeling bottom!

On a serious note:

Giant Lego Man Washed Up On Brighton Beach!

lego-man-brighton_1017813c.jpg

It is thought to have washed up on the beach, and was spotted by children playing there.

The Lego man is 6ft tall in red, yellow and green. It is presumed to have washed up on the beach, but whether it has come from a cargo ship or from across the Channel is not clear.

The weird thing is (I did a bit of research), on the 6th of August 2008, a similar (maybe the same) Lego Man appeared on a beach in the Netherlands. Where are these Lego people coming from? What do they want, asylum?

Here's the one from August.

r166377_618090.jpg

A giant, smiling Lego man has been fished out of the sea in the Dutch resort of Zandvoort.

Workers at a drinks stall rescued the 2.5-metre tall model, which had a yellow head and blue torso.

"We saw something bobbing about in the sea and we decided to take it out of the water," said a stall worker. "It was a life-sized Lego toy."

Edited by Mr Rich

Double Post...

Update on that last story. Apparently Brighton Council have no plans to move him.... a bit like the fucking pier that's still there but burned down!

A Japanese man has launched an online petition to permit human beings to marry their favourite comic characters. Taichi Takashita's campaign has so far received the support of over 1,000 signatures, the Metro reports.

One person in favour of the proposed law wrote: "For a long time I have only been able to fall in love with two-dimensional people and currently I have someone I really love.

"Even if she is fictional, it is still loving someone. I would like to have legal approval for this system at any cost."

The news comes days after a woman was jailed for 'murdering' her virtual husband after he divorced her during an online game.

Source: TechRadar

"How do I love thee? let me count the ways:

I love you on page 76 when you have a tantrum with "the male lead" and grow devil horns...

I love you on page 223 when you accidentally drop your towel and expose yourself to "the male lead" and punch him for gawping at you..."

Etc etc.

Could you divorce for infidelity if you catch another guy slapping the salami over a copy of the same manga?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7702913.stm

When officials asked for the Welsh translation of a road sign, they thought the reply was what they needed.

Unfortunately, the e-mail response to Swansea council said in Welsh: "I am not in the office at the moment. Please send any work to be translated."

So that was what went up under the English version, barring lorries from a road near a supermarket.

"When they're proofing signs, they should really use someone who speaks Welsh," journalist Dylan Iorwerth said.

Swansea council became lost in translation when it was looking to bar heavy goods vehicles near an Asda store in the Morriston area of the city.

All official road signs in Wales are bilingual, so the local authority e-mailed its in-house translation service for the Welsh version of "No entry for heavy goods vehicles. Residential site only."

The reply duly came back and officials set the wheels in motion to create the large sign in both languages.

The notice went up and all seemed well - until Welsh speakers pointed out the embarrassing error.

Welsh-language magazine Golwg was promptly sent photographs of the offending sign by a number of its readers.

Managing editor Mr Iorwerth said: "We've been running a series of these pictures over the past months.

"They're circulating among Welsh speakers because, unfortunately, it's all too common that things are not just badly translated, but are put together by people who have no idea about the language.

"It's good to see people trying to translate but they should really ask for expert help.

"Everything these days seems to be written first in English and then translated. Ideally, they should be written separately in both languages."

A council spokeswoman said : "Our attention was drawn to the mistranslation of a sign at the junction of Clase Road and Pant-y-Blawd Road.

"We took it down as soon as we were made aware of it and a correct sign will be re-instated as soon as possible."

Lollypops!

Awesome!

Interestingly enough, our office's Welsh language bit is located in... Titchfield... when we have a site 3X the size, with native Welsh speakers in... Wales... go figure!

loserguy.jpg

What a tool.

Well, at least we can safely assume there'll never be a Mrs. Fantastic Faster than Superman Spiderman Batman Wolverine the Hulk and the Flash Combined, nor will anyone ever breed with him, so he won't be able to inflict it on a child.

And anyway, Batman, Wolverine and the Hulk are hardly known for being fast.