Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tachikoma

Random (non-gaming) news

TOKYO —

Japanese police arrested a drunken 24-year-old U.S. Navy sailor early Sunday after he allegedly trespassed in a house, violating a night-time curfew imposed after a rape case last year, reports said.

Petty officer 2nd class Richard Lawton is stationed in Yokosuka, a port city south of Tokyo, and wrongly believed that his friends were staying in the house, Jiji Press and Kyodo News agency said. The residents of the house told local media they do not know Lawton.

Lawton, who was arrested at around 2:40 a.m., is suspected of violating a night-time curfew imposed by the U.S. military on all its servicemen in Japan after two sailors were arrested on charges of raping a woman in Okinawa in October.

Local police and the U.S. military were not immediately available for comment.

Despite the curfew, misconduct involving U.S. servicemen has continued to fuel anti-US sentiment in host communities. Incidents include trespass involving an airman and a marine under the influence of alcohol and drink-driving by another marine.

© 2013 AFP

Where's Ryo Hazuki when you need him?

He was looking for where sailors hang out but no one would tell him.

Edited by Shufty

Sorry, been in Japan for a while so some things have slipped me by, but...

ROLF HARRIS?!?!? WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

I know, it's hard to believe but the evidence was pretty compelling. Sad to hear it's true but he deserves to die in prison.

Gutted, what's left of our childhood that hasn't been tainted? Next thing you know bagpus will be found dead and bloated in a squat from crack overdose...

My girlfriend's parents bought a Rolf Harris painting a few years ago as an investment. Probably worth more as kindling now.

Jesus Christ guys, what the hell's happening over there? I've read now 170 dead in Paris??

Absolutely horrifying, I really hope nobody here has anyone affected by it.

Dave, you aren't a cunt this time. I'm very glad you're ok.

Mate, it's dreadful.. Makes me glad our security services are so shit hot, but still I think it's only a matter of time. We have hundreds of young boys and girls out fighting in Syria/Iraq and they'll all come one day, just like these fuckers.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-42075110

An Australian school has covered a statue from view because of its "potentially suggestive" depiction of a saint handing a loaf of bread to a boy.

The Catholic school in Adelaide apologised on Wednesday for the statue, which was completed recently.

The sculpture, portraying St Martin de Porres, was widely criticised after images of it were posted online.

The unfortunate position of the loaf of bread held by the saint led to some misreading the scene.

Blackfriars Priory School said it had commissioned a new sculptor to "substantially alter" the design.

Misreading the scene my arse. Blatantly deliberate and amazing.

E3F15220-DE9C-4C8C-9456-A5E462D37059.png

Edited by Pedro