Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

Post when you watch a film

Guest Sly Reflex

You are the first person to say you didn't enjoy Dredd. Out of the hundreds of people I've seen on forums and social media all of them loved it. This is why I'm surprised.

The only thing I disliked about Dredd was the over the top slo-mo gore. Everything else worked perfectly, but I'm a sucker for a siege movie.

Dredd is awesome! I love the comics and they're were great references and it was thoroughly entertaining.

Agreed. Rich is wrong.

I've watched recently:

Jurassic Park 3D IMAX- It's still a great film, and it was great to see it on the big screen again. The 3D was hit and miss.

RIPD-Watched a webrip of this. Enjoyable hokum.

We're the Millers- Definitely worth a watch, a couple of LOL moments and quite funny the rest of the time.

Rich got it the wrong way around. DH5 isn't worth the silicon it's printed on. Dredd was awesome.

Watched Jack Reacher which was pretty good. Cruise just can't play a brooding baddie/goodie though.

Also, anyone heard about Ben Affleck being the next Batman?! LOL!! He must be sucking off the Lord of the Hollywood jews to get that role on the back of an Oscar for 'straight-in-the-bargain-bin-Argo'.

I saw something a while back where Kevin Smith said he was asked to write a Batman script and suggested Affleck for the role. It could work. Affleck and Bruce Wayne are dick heads

I'm not saying Die Hard is good... far from it, but it's reasonably stupid and entertaining.

Dredd is awful in virtually every way. The ONLY good thing about it is that it's true to the comics. The girl was a terrible actress. The script was diabolical. There is no story to it... they get trapped in a building and fight their way out. Wow... that must have been difficult to dream up. The slo-mo shit was way over-done and gets incredibly dull after the 5th time you've seen it.

I could have put it more eloquently. I don't remember writing in my film degree dissertation "The script was diabolical."

Kevin Smith recommends Affleck for EVERY role cos of all the bum love.

I will give it a chance. We've had better and worse Batman's... Val Kilmer was hardly amazing... And it's not a Batman film as such but a man of steel sequel.

I think Affleck could be a fine Batman if he bulks a bit and works on the gravel. Following Bale will be tough though, cos he fucking nailed it to a cross and called it Jesus.

Well yeah Clooney was shit too.

I understand it from a fan point cos I used to love Daredevil and that film was enough to put me off the entire franchise.

Well seeing as it pissed down all weekend me and the missus watched:

2 Guns - pretty decent heist movie with Marky Mark and Denzel makes everything watchable Washington.

The to do List - one of those films you watch with the wife reluctantly and end up really enjoying. About a supernerd who decides to broaden her sexual horizons in the summer before college.

Hours - Survival drama starring Paul too fast too furious for his own damned good Walker about a guy left trying to keep his daughter alive in an abandoned hospital during/in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Reminded me of The Last of Us actually. Good stuff.

The Wolverine - Passable superhero fluff.

Lol we did the same:

Caught up on Walking Dead Season4 then:

The Hunger Games-Much better than I expected, thought it was going be Twilight meets Battle Royale. Going to see the sequel in a few weeks.

Silver Linings Playbook- The ladies choice. About a man who goes mental after finding his wife screwing around. A comedy believe it or not and definitely worth a watch.

Seven Psychopaths-Fucking excellent. Well written and acted and a great cast.

Hansel and Gretel-The one with Gemma Arterton and wassisname from Bourne/Avengers- An interesting take on the fable. Enjoyable fodder.

Just got back from seeing Thor:The Dark World. I thought it was excellent. Great action, comic relief and the post credits sequence is setting up future fun :)

Man of Steel:

Utter garbage, was tiring sitting through the 2hr 23m or whatever it was.

Despicable Me 2:

Was alright, don't think I will bother watching it again though.

Guest SlyEnemy

Safety Not Guaranteed - a lovely surreal sci-fi comedy romance indie film about 3 journalists chasing a story about a supposed time-traveller who needs a companion. Really enjoyed this.

Super - found this to be a bit of a mess. Didn't know what it wanted to be and rammed its message home with the subtlety of a pneumatic drill. Was sort of a cross between Kick Ass and God Bless America but no-where near as good as either.

Guest marthagogo

started watching the hobbit! wtf? please tell me its not made a gazillion dollars, tis shite.

In the last month I've watched ST: into dorkness, Man of Steel and WWZ.

With each film I've felt really short changed. Each one breaks their own rules and has some form of deus ex machina going on.

Dare I even bother with pacific rim?