Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

Post when you watch a film

I didn't think the Grey was terrible, just middle of the road.

We(as a family) have been watching the Indiana Jones films over the last few weeks, my son has never seen them before. He rated them in order of awesomeness 1,3,4,2. I think I may have to disown him, because as we all know the true answer is 1,3,2 fuck you George and Steven.

Guest marthagogo

soz bummers, ginj is right. its not saying 2 is bad just not as good as 1 and 3.

i cannot recall the last film i watched that was not either a kids film or a rewatch if something cool. whats going on? even some of the supposed highbrow serious films are just plain shit. its like most of the writers have just said "fuck films im going to write for tv" and the film industry has responded by pumping more money into the hype and gloss machines.

Guest SlyEnemy

The Goon with Shaun Williams Scott (Stifler) is surprisingly brilliant. It's a quietly funny Slapshot style Ice Hockey sports-champ film where Scott plays a ultimately dim for excessively polite "goon" - ie: someone they employ simply to fight out on the rink. I've never been a massive fan of Scott as he tends to be typecast but he does a really good job with this and makes the lead stupenpendously likable.

Also, watched a while ago, but Greenberg with that dick from Zoolander and those other films. I hate his face off but got a newfound respect from him after watching this - a dark comedy surrounding his inability to interact properly with friends and family around him. He plays an out-and-out unlovable prick (which could be why he's so good at it) and it makes for a slow-burning, gringe-inducing but rewarding look at his psychological build up.

Guest valovedder

I watched 'Gamer'.

Holy fucking shit how did this movie ever get the go ahead. Absolutely bloody awful.

The World's End has just restored my faith in movie making. It's ridiculous how much I enjoyed it - felt like it was made for me :)

I imagine I will be watching this, late at night, a bit pissed, many, many times over the years to come.

We'll always have the disabled's....

Pacific Rimjob

Actually really enjoyed this, watched it with the nipper and we were whooping and cheering like loonies at the over the top geekgasm, our new catchphrase is:

Eat my chest missiles - Boooooooooooooosh

Didn't like Pacific Rim, apart from Ron Perlman. Did enjoy Wolverine, although the last 20 minutes was a bit lame.

The purge. Interesting concept, mediocre film.

Scary movie 5- watch it pissed and it'll make you chortle....maybe

Sightseers-brilliant British black comedy. Watch it!

Despicable me 2-as good as the first. If you liked it...

World war Z-it was alright I suppose.

The worlds end- Amazing. That is all.

Guest SlyEnemy

Watched a Field in England by Ben Wheatley (Kill List / Sightseers). It's a heady headfuck of a film, and will make no sense if you don't have a slight understanding of civil war era black magic mythology, but by God it's a powerful film with Reece Shearsmith playing a brilliantly serious/darkly humorous role. It's basically a huge metaphor for something and nothing, but it's certainly gripping.

It's also probably very pretentious, or at the least it's an art-house film, if that puts you off it's fully understood but it stayed with me for weeks after watching it.

Guest marthagogo

watched safe house recently - blatantly the same universe as bourne (in fact many of the characters were templated direct from bourne - only the actors helped pull it off). still, semi-decent watch. knew who was good & bad from the start - and Vera F! wtf have you been doing to yourself?

also: watched savages -i really really wish i hadnt. its total shite (even with the "stellar" line up). from the 1st opening lines i knew i was going to hate it "i have orgasms, he has wargasms" really? and the ending? it does a twilight finale!

im kind of feeling immediately alienated from pretty much any film set in LA, it could not be more different from my world.

have not sampled any of the "cornetto" films (ffs) despite the widespread appeal. i get the feeling if i was drunk/high/younger they would be sweet but im not.

modern mainstream tv shows really do piss all over mainstream film these days.

and (im going to nip this rant in the bud after this); why is the word genius thrown about with such abandon when it comes to films & tv, even the phrase "the phrase genius is all to often used, but in this case..." is thrown about just as much.

Guest marthagogo

couldnt sleep last night so wateched the midnight meat train on netflix. had the sound almost at 0 and it was still very enjoyable. nice to see bradley cooper doing somthing a bit different to his norm.

Guest marthagogo

how so? i thought it was an ideal role for him.

i did start watching the last airbender before it but it was simply too shit, even if you take the attitude its a kids film. shame are the cartoon is sweet.

The character in the book is completely emotionless and a lot darker. Vincent played the role like he was a nightclub bouncer.

Great film though. I like everything about it apart from that.

Elysium - I've been wanting some sci-fi for a while and this hit the nail on the head. Not amazing. Big and flashy. Don't expect too much and you'll be grand.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if some of the wassnames for the aborted Halo movie were reused here.

Edited by Idaho