Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

Post when you watch a film

Obviously a few people really liked it here but I think its fair to say that opinion is very split. Any ideas on why film critics were unanimous in their complete adoration? Were they bought or something? Cant say I tend to enjoy critics favourites anyway.

Edited by Somerset_Bumkin

The critical adulation bemuses me as well. I can understand other people liking the film in a way that I can't understand anyone ever liking Attack of the Clones, but I don't get the "critical adulation" good.

If anyone here likes awesome zombie movies, they should watch Train to Busan.

Kin ell it's good!

This is on Amazon Prime movies now if anyone is interested. I've watched it 3 times now and it really is a cracking Zombie flick.

This is on Amazon Prime movies now if anyone is interested. I've watched it 3 times now and it really is a cracking Zombie flick.

I watched it not long after your original post. I concur with your assessment.

Just saw Tomb Raider. Not too bad, and very true to the reboot games. Felt a little lacking and a bit predictable like most origin story films, but interesting enough. Better than Indy 4. Worth a watch but maybe wait for the blu ray or for it to hit Netflix.

John Wick 3 - if you liked the other two, you'll like this. One or two bits I wasn't so keen on but it was ultimately a good film. 

16 hours ago, Shufty said:

John Wick 3 - if you liked the other two, you'll like this. One or two bits I wasn't so keen on but it was ultimately a good film. 

Was late getting into John Wick, but thoroughly enjoyed the first two films, will definitely be up for the third!

So watched a Netflix Original last night called "The Perfection"

A thoroughly good, but tries to hard to be clever Hitchcock-esque plot twister movie. Basically former teenage music genius quits the industry to look after her dying mother, then 10 years later re-enters the industry and all sorts of weird shit goes down. Really didn't like the rewind bits (it literally shows the setup for the weird bits by rewinding the film with that obnoxious remind screech) they should have just faded to black and shown "24 hours earlier" or something, it really yanked you out of the film.

Acting was pretty good and there was some proper wince sections in the gory parts without it being over the top. Good cinematography, not the most original story in places, even the Mrs guessed the ending, but it set it up well even if the delivery was a bit flat.

Worth watching with a drink