Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

Post when you watch a film

Leia Poppins though....

Ship chases through tight places...check.

The other bad dude, more of a Harry Potter baddie tbh.

The rebel scum seem to be worse at being rebels than when Vader was stomping about.

I still enjoyed it though, looking forward to RotJ remake in two years.

Honestly, I can't stand any of the prequels. Sith is just bores me from start to finish but at least it's not outright terrible like TPM and Clones are. Clones in particular I watched again last year and I was shocked at just how bad it is. I honestly can't think of anything I liked it in it. TPM I guess at least feels like Star Wars at some points, but it's still crap in basically every way. Even the podrace is crap to me.

The prequels are fucking awful, so youre lucky if you like them I guess. Sith is the worst for me! Bumbling Jedis that are meant to be in me with their surroundings getting stupidly killed in a montage... Christ. Snarly emperor chewing the scenery, stupid flippy yoda, terrible Vader NNNOOOOOO... urgh. Id have got PTSD from it if I didnt already have it.

My order:

Empire

Last Jedi

New Hope

Rogue One

TFA/Jedi

There are no others.

Force Awakens? I mean I knew Last Jedi split opinions (those who loved it and those who are wrong) but I thought most people accepted it as at least okay.

Just seen the Last Jedi. A handful of decent moments spread among a sea of utter garbage. Worst SW film of all of them. Id rather watch Jarjar Binks for all eternity.

Obviously a few people really liked it here but I think its fair to say that opinion is very split. Any ideas on why film critics were unanimous in their complete adoration? Were they bought or something? Cant say I tend to enjoy critics favourites anyway.

Edited by Somerset_Bumkin

The critical adulation bemuses me as well. I can understand other people liking the film in a way that I can't understand anyone ever liking Attack of the Clones, but I don't get the "critical adulation" good.

If anyone here likes awesome zombie movies, they should watch Train to Busan.

Kin ell it's good!

This is on Amazon Prime movies now if anyone is interested. I've watched it 3 times now and it really is a cracking Zombie flick.

This is on Amazon Prime movies now if anyone is interested. I've watched it 3 times now and it really is a cracking Zombie flick.

I watched it not long after your original post. I concur with your assessment.

Just saw Tomb Raider. Not too bad, and very true to the reboot games. Felt a little lacking and a bit predictable like most origin story films, but interesting enough. Better than Indy 4. Worth a watch but maybe wait for the blu ray or for it to hit Netflix.