Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

Post when you watch a film

Guest SlyEnemy

Killer Klowns, there's a classic :) Do you ever visit Badmovies.org? It's a classic site, go to the Reviews section and there's an A-Z of awful films, complete with some great clips to download.

Guest redman
Ah Zach Braff eh? Personally i rate the guy, i think Scrubs is excellent.

He's an arse, I've seen him in interviews. And his character is a dickhead in scrubs and that show is terrible. :)

Guest AndyKurosaki

Yeah it does seem to be a show people either like or violently dislike.

Personally i'm a big fan and have been since it started. JD IS an idiot, but that's the whole point, as he screws up constantly. Something i can definitely relate to. And Dr Cox is hilarious. End of. B)

Guest redman

i don't think he's a dickhead cause he messes up...

anyway it's like Russel Crowe, because I think he's a wanker I find it hard to watch his films

Guest AndyKurosaki

True Russel Crowe is a Grade A Wanker. He was brilliant in Gladiator, but that's the only film i've seen him in.

Guest Imbellis

Went to see a staff preview of rush hour 3 last night. Pretty damn funny but then i was horendously drunk at the time. Not as good as rush hour 2, but still a fun watch in my opinion.

Guest Windy

Watched 'Death Proof' the other day. Its certainly not Quentin Tarantinos strongest film ever, but there are one or two bits that are pretty good. Its probably why its part of a double bill.

Watched Harsh Times tonight and feel compelled to post as it was easilly the best urban style film I've seen in years. It tells the story of an ex-soldier trying to get work in the LAPD, but he also happens to be a tad bit messed up by what he's done whilst serving and ever so slightly unhinged. The lead is played f**king brilliantly by Batman, and the film reminded me a lot of American Psycho in some ways although it has a more serious tone.

Well worth a watch.

Edited by Jusatsushi

Guest AndyKurosaki

Watched Run Fatboy Run last night. It's not The Pegg's best work (the plot towards the end just becomes absolute bollocks), but it had plenty of moments that had me laughing out loud.

Kung Fu Hustle-What a fucking great film, got it from Lovefilm on my rental list, and it's now been ordered from Play!!!

The Island-Enjoyable enough, bit too long though.

Next up Pans Labyrinth, really looking forward to this.

Guest Windy

Watched a funny film tonight - Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane. Yes you guessed it. Its in a similar vain to Snakes on a Plane only with Zombies and gore. Its like a fan-service film for zombie film fans, but its not bad. It'll be straight to DVD though.

Edited by Windy

Guest SlyEnemy

I've been watching shit loads of films recently, all stuff I own on DVD mind:

Uzumaki - A Japanese horror film about Spirals. Damn weird. Excellent cinematography through-out though, even if the ending doesn't wrap anything up at all.

Lovefilm Link

Whistle And I'll Come To You - An old horror film from the 50s, it's English made and it's absolutely superb, definitely one of the best horror's I've ever watched, and it certainly stayed with me. It's pretty hard to get hold of, but if anyone finds it, definitely give it a watch. It's only about 40 minutes long, but fuck me if the ending doesn't get you.

Lovefilm link

Gozu - I love this film. It's completely non-sensical, but it's a story told with great humour. It's almost like film-noir in it's direction, but it's a Japanese gangster flick, with completely fucked up characters. Think Ichi The Killer, but with less violence and more surrealism. The ending is completely and utterly the most confusing thing ever. x 10.

Lovefilm link

Lost in Translation - I don't know what it is about this film, but it really affects me. I love Bill Murray to bits and he does brilliantly in this. For those who haven't seen it, it's an non-typical love story, based mostly around friendship, but with some wonderfully wry humour, and some excellently iconic shots. I love this.

Lovefilm link

I provided links for those on Lovefilm, I'm surprised Whistle is on there, and I urge all horror fans to stick that on right now. I really want to see what other people think of it as virtually no-one has seen it and I love it to bits.

Pans Labyrinth is fucking-superb!

Yeah, about that. I went to watch it and realised I had removed the Spanish soundtrack when I ripped it, so all I had was the English Directors commentary. :rolleyes: I guess I'll have to buy it as I really want to see this.

I watched Jarhead instead, pretty good film. It's no Platoon, but what is? Apart from Platoon.

Guest Windy

Watched 'Planet Terror' last night. Its a classic Splatter movie harking back to the eighties and the endless amount of them there was back then. Its almost as good as Brain Dead.

Guest Windy

Its got some good 'laugh out loud at the gore' moments if nowt else. It did make me wish Peter Jackson would go back and make another low budget gore-fest instead of these big budget numbers he's now associated with.

It reminded me of the Re-animator and even bordering on Garth Marenghi type humour in parts aswell.

Edited by Windy

Guest wholehole
Watched 'Planet Terror' last night. Its a classic Splatter movie harking back to the eighties and the endless amount of them there was back then. Its almost as good as Brain Dead.

I watched this and Death Proof as well recently, and enjoyed both immensely. Neither film should be taken seriously whatsoever and as long as you understand that then you should enjoy them just as much.

Personally I thought Death Proof was the better film of the two, mainly because of the legend that is Kurt Russell and the character he played, Stuntman Mike, but they both had their fair share of fantasically cheesy lines and funny moments.

Also, watch out for the 'trailers' at the start and end of each film, 'Machete' and 'Don't' being definite highlights!

Guest Windy

I've read somewhere that both 'Don't' and 'Machete' are being planned or talked about as being actual films now. Maybe Grindhouse 2. I hope so anyhoo.

I preferred the Rodriguez movie out of the two myself, but Death Proof does have its moments and yeah Kurt is cool as...

Guest wholehole
I've read somewhere that both 'Don't' and 'Machete' are being planned or talked about as being actual films now. Maybe Grindhouse 2. I hope so anyhoo.

:o Oh dear god I fucking hope so! That would be awesome as hell!