Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

Post when you watch a film

The Prestige (turns out I haven't seen it before), was really good except the 'big twist' was visible a mile off which kind of ruined the climax for me

me too, i was really looking forward to this movie,and the stupid ending spoiled it for me somewhat

So I just watched The Host, and it's really good.

A monster movied with gore, and it's funny too.

A solid 4/5 from The Ginj.

Next up either Disturbia or a night of Family Guy season 6. Choices, Choices.

Guest SlyEnemy

I always recommend this film, but you need to watch Dead Mans Shoes, as it's one of the best films I've ever seen in my life, and it's British, and it's Northern. What more do you need? Shane Meadows directs and Paddy Considine stars (As the do with many Shane Meadows films, this being the best).

Also Room for Romeo Brass (Same two), and also Happiness, which will make you feel ill but is superb.

That is all.

Guest redman

I was really looking forward to that film (Dead Man's Shoes) and I was really disappointed. There are some funny and disturbing bits but overall the film isn't that good.

Edited by redman

I've seen that. Didn't really like it, because I don't really like depressing films that have a 'message' or whatever. It's was a great piece of film but didn't really offer any entertainment, apart from the 'tissue grabber' finale :lol:

Guest redman

the only message I saw was that 1954 Brooklyn was harsh, particularly during a strike. But that was what the film was about. What 'message' did you see?

I didn't find it particularly depressing either and it has it's uplifting and funny moments.

I saw it years ago when I was about 14 and thought it was really harsh and gloomy and I wasn't sure if I wanted to see it again but it's excellent and a damn sight better than the pretentious Requiem for a Dream, another Hubert Selby Jr book that was converted

That last scene isn't the tissue grabber you might remember too. I thought that, but changed my mind.

top film. I'm going to track down other films by the director now...

Edited by redman

Guest clairebear
The Hapiness of the Katakuris. Weird but fantastic. :)

A Tale of Two Sisters. A good old fashioned spooky movie from Korea.

Love both those film. Especially the Happiness. I laffed my head of all the way thruogh that. It was bloody hilarious

Guest SlyEnemy

Happiness is great but I just couldn't get on with Tale of Two Sisters. It came out at a time when interest in Japanese horror was piquing (Thanks mainly to the remake of Grudge) and it just felt dead cynical. It was wildly confusing through-out, and while the horror aspects stood up, I just couldn't put them into context because I didn't have a fucking clue what was going on.

A better film, that's equally as weird, but much more symbolically understandable would be Eraserhead, which you all must watch with your eyes. And listen to with your ears. Etc.

Guest clairebear

I ken what you mean about Two Sisters. Every time ive watched it Ive been far too stoned. I must have seen it about three times and im still none the wiser. someone explained it too me before and i think i pretended to understand. I recon one day after like twenty times you'll suddenly be like ahhh right thst what the fuck its all about. But that would just shatter the illusion lol

I remember watching it for the first time all alone cause Grant had fallen asleep and getting totally freaked out and not really knowing why. It was mad.

Guest valovedder

The last couple of films i watched were Clerks 2 and Garden State.

Clerks 2 - F**king funny. Not up there with Clerks but Jay & Silent Bob can do no wrong in my eyes. Kevin Smith is just a pop culture genius.

Garden State - really liked this. Kinda weird love story. Made me fall in love with Natalie Portman.

Guest redman

that knobend from scrubs is in it right?, that really puts me off that film

Edited by redman

Guest valovedder

Yeah he is. But he's a totally different character. You should give it a look.

Guest SlyEnemy
that knobend from scrubs is in it right?, that really puts me off that film

Yeah, it's got a very "Bohemian American" feel about it. I wasn't a fan, but I can see why people would like it. It's different in a way that will grab the popularist market, but it doesn't really stretch the imagination.

Guest AndyKurosaki

Ah Zach Braff eh? Personally i rate the guy, i think Scrubs is excellent.

I see Bad Boys is on at 9pm tonight on channel 5. I've never seen it, but seeing as how BB2 got such compliments in Hot Fuzz,i'll give it a razz. :)

Guest SlyEnemy
Ah Zach Braff eh? Personally i rate the guy, i think Scrubs is excellent.

I see Bad Boys is on at 9pm tonight on channel 5. I've never seen it, but seeing as how BB2 got such compliments in Hot Fuzz,i'll give it a razz. :)

Haha, Bad Boys is right tackiness. It's one of those things you watch thinking "I shouldn't like this", but you do. Like Rush Hour. And pretty much any films that star a troublesome duo.

Guest AndyKurosaki

Yeah exactly, you end up switching your brain off because the plot doesn't even try to make sense. And when in doubt, blow stuff up. While jumping backwards. In slow motion. Or something.

I'm not expecting Bad Boys to be Shakespeare, but if it's mindless action it should be a laugh. I caught the half-way point of a really crappy action film on BBC One last week, Black Dog staring Patrick Suaeze. Me and my mates were channel surfing, when we came upon this, and my mate said "hey, that's MeatLoaf shooting at Paddy Suaeze". And lo and behold, it was :D

He ended up crashing his car through a fence, which then exploded. But instead of dying easily like his hencmen ("oh my car's been nudged, i'd better explode then"), he punched the dashboard angrily and screamed "Your ass is MINE!".

Sometimes crap films are funny :)

Guest SlyEnemy

Yeah, I love really good films and really awful films, it's average films that suck. The worst film I think I've ever seen in my life has to be Fist of the North Star, the live action kung fu bollock-o-thon. I came home drunk once and it was on Channel 4, about 1/4 of the way through. I sat watching it, completely fucked thinking "This is the worst thing I've ever seen", and I sat and watched it till about 3am laughing at the terribleness of it all. Great stuff.

Guest AndyKurosaki

Yeah it didn't do the anime any justice at all. For one thing, nobody exploded. That was the point of Hokuto Shin Ken, hitting pressure points to make body parts rupture and explode. Great stuff :)

If you think that's shit though, it's NOTHING compared to House Of the Dead, by Uwe Boll(locks). forget worst game film ever, we're talking WORST FILM EVER.

Remember that bit in The Matrix,where the camera goes round the character as they attack, spinning in slow-motion? Well,this dip-shit thought it was such a good idea, he has an entire 5 minute action scene that does that. For every. Single. Character. All 6/7 of them.

Spin spin spin

shoot shoot shoot

spin spin spin

shoot shoot shoot.

change to a different person

spin spin spin

shoot shoot shoot

I swear i'm not making it up. Then he keeps putting footage of HOTD1+2 (the games) in it. Which only make his film even worse.

Guest SlyEnemy

Lol! I've still not had the pleasure of watching it, but I reckon it could do with a watch. If you can find it, look out for a film called The Legend of Boggy Creek 2. I bought it in a pound shop on one of those HORROR COMPILATION box sets. I got 12 shit films for £4 and it's the best purchase I've ever made. It also contained "With Friends Like These" which is also superbly rubbish. It's a 3-story film, one about a guy who buys a car, then realises it has a life of it's own, one about a guy who leaves some food in the fridge, but then it turns into a monster, and another one I can't even remember.

Guest AndyKurosaki

Hope it had 'I Bought A Vampire Motorcycle' on it. With Neil Morresy and a talking turd in a toilet. :D

Guest SlyEnemy
Hope it had 'I Bought A Vampire Motorcycle' on it. With Neil Morresy and a talking turd in a toilet. :D

:o Another must see. No, I've never seen nor heard of it, but I will and must.

Guest AndyKurosaki

It's another one of those you think back on and say to yourself "was that real or did i just make it up"? Like Killer Klowns From Outer Space ;)