• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

Post when you watch a film

Guest Spartan

Mallrats was... good i guess.

Just watched Shrek the Third [with hebrew subtitles] on stage 6 - great film :-)

Id just like to aggree with the earler statement about the prestige it is excelent. The end is fantastic.

First time i watched it i was with my gf and didnt get that far through it. I watched it properly last night and though it was brilliant. well worth watching...maybe even twice.

Yeah, totally worth watching twice, the second time to notice all the clues to the ending. Really brilliant film, the best in years.

I almost past this up after not finishing watching it the first time glad i didnt. I picked up a clue or two but it didnt all fall into place untill just before it happened for me.

Not Vacancy. Went to see this Saturday night. It's totally shit. The whole back story about why the couple are bickering is a waste of time, it could just have easily been shortened to they had a fight that night.

It's badly acted and you know what's going to happen.

By the time they get to the motel and you know the shit is going to hit the fan, you couldn't care if they live or die, in fact at this point suicide seemed like a good option(for me), so I didn't have to sit through it. I nearly went to see Fantastic Four, but as it was quite early there were loads of kids about......

I did watch Land of The Dead last week though, and while not as good as Dawn(or Shaun ;) ) I think it makes a nice addition to the Romero Zombie films.

Guest redman

started to watch a french movie last night: 'Man on a Train'. shit. I turned it off after an hour cause it was very boring

The Prestige. Why has nobody watched this? I never shut up about it on Live.

Guess what I watched with the wife last night? Yes, the Prestige. And we both fucking loved it. Christian Bale is soo good in it, and the fact that he dragged along Michael Caine is just fucking superb to.

Guest AndyKurosaki

Saw Fantastic Four-Rise of the Silver Surfer last night.And i really enjoyed it.Was a lot better than the first film,plenty of action sequences,and not as much "i'm an annoying bastard"ness from Human Torch.

The Galactus idea was a bit stupid,but other than that,great film.

Guest wholehole

Watched Amores Perros tonight and I thought it was f*cking fantastic. Three different stories all entwined by one event, absolutely brilliant.

I have high hopes for the other two films by the same director, Alejandro González Iñárritu: 21 Grams and Babel, which i'll be watching later this week. Solely after watching Amores, I can see this guy becoming one of my favourite directors.

Guest redman

I watched Innocent Voices yesterday. It's about how children were conscripted top fight in a civil war in El Salvador. It'll break your heart.... good film though.

I also watched a piece of shit movie called Starter for ten, an unfunny comedy full of cliches.

not sure if it's been mentioned but the Last King of Scotland is really enjoyable, as is Hotel Rowanda. Hotel Rowanda isn't nearly as harrowing as I though it'd be.

Guest wholehole

I thought Hostel Part II was pretty ok in a kind of 'leave your brain at the door' type way. Not nearly as good as the first one but pretty solid nonetheless.

Guest redman

Watched Raising Victor Vargas last night and it's has jumped straight onto my list of favourite films. If you get a chance, it's brilliant

Guest RivaOni

Spent the morning Rocky Balboa, loved every minute of it, the old guy can still make me cry and smile both at the same time, is there any sort of box set with all 6 films in? I know there was one with Rock I - IV in (or did it include V aswell?)

Spent the morning Rocky Balboa, loved every minute of it, the old guy can still make me cry and smile both at the same time, is there any sort of box set with all 6 films in? I know there was one with Rock I - IV in (or did it include V aswell?)

I think the box set predates the release of Rocky Balboa, I'm sure there'll be another set along at some point.

Guest AndyKurosaki

Yeah,there most likely will be. They also re-released Rocky 1 as a special edition that's not in the exsisting Rocky boxset. So i reckon eventually they'll slap that in with Balboa to make a Super Special FizzyFish edition or something.

Balboa was a brilliant film,saw it at the cinema with my mate Ragnaroth. Really enjoyable, and hopefully the upcoming Rambo film will be just as old-school.

Guest clairebear

Has anyone else seen the Number 23? Its really good and wortha wath if your bored.

Has anyone else seen the Number 23? Its really good and wortha wath if your bored.

Yeah, I enjoyed that too. Jim Carrey CAN act.

Last night I watched Wild Hogs, which was far fetched but really quite funny. I'm going to watch The Host in a while. A Korean Horror film about a mutant monster fish. Maybe they should've called it CODzilla. :rolleyes:

I'll get my coat.

The Prestige (turns out I haven't seen it before), was really good except the 'big twist' was visible a mile off which kind of ruined the climax for me

Guest redman

when that film went from

magic tricks to impossible regeneration

it fell apart for me. stupid

Yeah, kind of shattered the illusion a bit. I think it could of been done a bit better without the

fantasy aspects

Edited by Somerset_Bumkin

It is very good and I really enjoyed it, but the actual 'prestige' over the film(get it?) was really obvious and when you were supposed to go 'WOWEE', you were like...'yeah did that ten minutes ago with the blunt hints'