Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

Post when you watch a film

Guest marthagogo

watched breaking dawn part 1 last night! its very different form the other films in the series. its ok, watchable. still teenybroody with serious wateryness of characters. did she really lose that much weight or was it all special effects? very well done.

Ginj, you're wrong. Skyfall was awesome. That is all.

Just because Scotland is in it doesn't make it a great film. ;)

The Amehzing Spiderman- it was really good at times and too slow at others. Watched it in 2D and you can see where the 3D money shots are. It's quite jarring. Looking forward to the next one as at least they won't have to go through the origin again.

National Lampoons Christmas vacation- still as funny as ever. One of my fave Xmas comedies.

Resident Evil:Latest one-If you liked the others you'll like this. Nothing new, some good action....

The Hobbit- Fanfuckingtastic, apart from a few Peter Jackson moments(see Legolas surfing a shield) absolutely amazing. Saw it in 2D and that was really good. May check out the 3D 48fps version before it leaves the cinemas.

Thought the Hobbit was average. So much unnecessary filler added to make it longer. I just finished the book and so it was fresh in my mind. Also, couldn't help but feel that I was watching the 'Cold Feet' version every time James Nesbitt was on screen.

I'm with El, thought the Hobbit was average at best, and James Nesbitt ruined every scene he was in for me.

Watched Ted last night, thought it wasn't as good as I was hoping, but still worth watching.

Guest marthagogo

watched captain america whilst in the uk, for a comic hero i know very little about and actually dont like it was a hell of a lot better than expected. plus the female lead had fabulous lalas, i live that 40s look.

kick ass watched and very much enjoyed.

dark shadows again, i love this movie, its way better than its given credit for and makes me want to live in 70s new england.

Guest marthagogo

and just watched bridesmaids, brilliant, quite British in many ways. and finally discovered who Kristen wiig is. shes hot too even though her name is annoying as hell.

and how fucking good is sky on the 360? only just discovered ut since getting skygo on the mobile by nicking my mums! its brilliant even with our shitty broadband.

Cockneys vs zombies-loved it stupid funny film.

The cabin in the woods- amazing just watch it.

Life of Pi - I was quite bored. It's obvious but pretty. No sympathy for any of the characters at all.

The Hobbit - I think after hearing everyone slating it I was expecting this to be an overblown, overlong piece of crap. So with expectations suitably rock bottom I actually really enjoyed it!

The Hobbit - I think after hearing everyone slating it I was expecting this to be an overblown, overlong piece of crap. So with expectations suitably rock bottom I actually really enjoyed it!

Yeah. It is too long, there were some poor Peter Jackson 'comedy' moments, and James Nesbit is shit, but it was fun and I enjoyed seeing Middle Earth again.

Django Unchained - Oh my god, it's amazing. Just truly brilliant. The only down side, Tarantino's accent, I couldn't tell if he was Cockney, Australian or retarded.

Lincoln - Holy christ that's a good film.

Guest clairebear

Yesterday hung over as hell I lay on the sofa from 630am and watched crap on live film that I'd seen a million times.

Flowers in the Attic - 80's, slow. Not as good as I remember. The book is much better.

Hocus Pocus - I wanted to be 10 again. Utter gutter

Marvins Room - ok but guff. Won't be watching that again in a hurry

I put on a couple of others too but I was sleeping and they were pants too so yeah, don't bother with the movies I watched.

Prometheus. Finally got round to watching it and thought it was brilliant. Although I have to say, it doesn't really add that much, just fleshes out a world that probably doesn't really need it. Also, the story just kind of happens but doesn't really drag you along with it, it certainly doesn't build up to much of a crescendo.

Did enjoy it though. Won't be buying it because I'm not sure why you would want to watch it twice after knowing what happens next as there isn't really much more in there.

Guest marthagogo

finally watched prometheus last night.

contrary to most i realy liked it (and i was a mega aliens fan in my youth - comics, posters, the whole thing).

thought the film was really well made although it does suffer from the same problems of most films in that people dont talk to each other and maybe its the parent in me but i would have been all like "keep your fucking helmets on and stop touching stuff".

any way some spoilers for those who have seen it;

i didnt like charlize theron getting squashed - not needed and she was a good character.

what was with the tatooed geologist turning up half mutated? - really, what was up with that?

trapped in an alien research centre - do you;

a. find a cosy spot near the exit to camp out in.

b. camp in the romm with the giant head, decapitated body and a gazillion ooozing jars.

faced with a snakey alien from a jar do you;

a. run away/attack.

b. baby talk to it.

mostly b's? - your a dead cunt.

and if the goo is constant is it;

Baldy alien + goo = people.

people (boy/girl) sexy time + bit of goo ingested by one partner = squidling.

Baldy alien + squidling (final form) = proto alien that seemed pretty sentient to me?

and also: baldy aliens are cross as fuck.

michael fassbender robot - stop opening doors you cunt! and being a cunt.