Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Papa

Post when you watch a film

I finally got around to seeing Spider Man 2 the other day, and I have to say that I was very impressed.

Pans Labrinth as notch. also Apocolipto is a must. Its one of the best films ive seen for ages

Good choices, I thought both those were excellent. Pan's Labrynth in particular is a stunningly well put together adult fairytale. Anyone seen the Korean monster movie Host? That's pretty good mindless entertainment.

spiderman 3

oh wait thats not really that good, cept the cgi bits

i watched idiocarcy t'other night, it's about a man who gets frozen and wakes up 500years in the future wheere all of mankind has evolved to be incredibly stupid

it's a bit daft but pretty entertaining

The Prestige. Why has nobody watched this? I never shut up about it on Live.

Saw 300 the other day, quite impressed.

Guest MrFlintBlackman
Pans Labrinth as notch. also Apocolipto is a must. Its one of the best films ive seen for ages

Yes, I watched Apocolypto the other night I found it most enjoyable. Watch it people!

The Marine is another film I've seen, if you like cheesy 80's style action films this is for you, I enjoyed it.

Just watched Little Miss Sunshine. What an absolutely charming film. One of the best i've seen for a while!!

Pirate's 3-At World's End.I loved this,was probably my favourite film in the series.It had a few plot lines that didn't seem to go anywhere (e.g Calypso),but there was plenty of great action sequences.And Jack was on superb form.

It definitely wasn't a disapointment like Spidey 3 was.

Brilliant :)

Just watched Little Miss Sunshine. What an absolutely charming film. One of the best i've seen for a while!!

I saw this a while ago too, it really is a great film... It decended pretty close to farce for about 5 minutes and I was worried, but never stepped over the line. The gay suicidal uncle and the son that doesn't talk were brilliant, a great 'double act'. Funny film, a real surprise.

Guest Spartan

Pirates 3 was quite good :-)

I thought Pan's Labyrinth was terrible... Not a lot a of structure / crap special effects / drawn out story.

jesus the Departed is absolute garbage....

I saw the prestige the other day. It's good but pissed me off near the end and took my overall enjoyment way down.

I saw 2 films recently that I liked

1. Orange County. Very easy going kind of teen film. But a good one

2. The Wind that Shakes the Barley. About 1920's Ireland and trying to become independent.

(I hated little Miss Sunshine too, turned it off after 15 minutes or so.)

I was really looking forward to it but after a while in the cinema I just thought, this is terrible!

I thought the acting was crap and the plot... maybe it was twisty but it was full of situations that were ridiculous.

there are some nice filmy director touches in there but that's about the only good thing I can say about it.

I'm with redman on this, I was thoroughly bored by The Departed.

I thoroughly loved Little Miss Sunshine, it was a little slow to get started but it has one of the all-time great movie endings, up there with the likes of Dr Strangelove and Bowfinger. Stranger than Fiction was a good film, incredibly well thought-out. The same goes for The Prestige, great film with a stunning ending.

Guest Spartan

oh redman orange county is great! Jack Black is little annoying but still overall the film is pretty damn good!

I saw the departed and must say I liked it. The plot was farfetched but then it didn't matter as the film was good overall.

Recently saw Catch Me If You Can on DVD - it's wicked and I'd recommend you all find a copy!!

oh redman orange county is great! Jack Black is little annoying but still overall the film is pretty damn good!

It was Jack Black being in it that had stopped me watching it but I found him okay. and he's not in it too much

Guest RivaOni

Just finished watching both Clerks movies, laughed my arse off through both of them.

Watched "This is England" Recently. Top Film another 'must see' British drama from Meadows. His early BBC film 'A Room For Romeo Brass' was on the other night an' all. The man is destined for greatness.

Also I enjoyed 'Apocalypto' recently as well. I didnt mind 'Smokin Aces' either. Even if it is a by numbers pulp movie.

Yeah,Clerks are both exceptional films.Remind me of so many conversations you have at work with your mates.That,and you wish you could get away with half of what Randall does :D

I'd also recommend Mallrats and Jay+Silent Bob Strike Back.Jersey Girl is ok,but nothing amazing.

If you have a 'special' sense of humor you may also enjoy Dogma,Smith's controversial look at religion.I really enjoyed it,but some people can't stand it.

And finally,An Evening With Kevin Smith is informative and very funny.Haven't got round to seeing the sequel yet,but the fact it's called An Evening With Kevin Smith 2-Evening Harder shows it must be good...

Guest RivaOni

Aye I've got Dogma on DVD, always liked that. I've seen Chasing Amy too, not seen Mallrats or Jay and Silent Bob yet, I'll have to see if Fopp have them cheap over the next few weeks as TV Links doesn't have them.

Mallrats is an acquired taste,it's not as good as Clerks,but its made funny by My Name is Earl lead Jason Lee ("Say,would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?").

J+SB Strike Back is basically a fan-service film,with links/references to Smith's complete work up to that point.It's also really funny,especially Jay's fury at people who slag him off on the internet,and what he decides to do about it.