• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone has a Nectar card with a bunch of points you get double value if you spend them by Sunday in certain departments. This includes games, so £20 of points= £40 of stuff.

They’ve done it for a couple of years, so I’ve had a few games etc for nowt, and save points until this promo is on.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/get-ideas/features/our-brand-features/double-up?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=Vl5p8RGCWl1AonRHfYLnJqxLK118rOBmXwbJMpTOVgxy5X4gYA0gstPbICY52taD4FR872blqFYmng%2F5vcix%2FvLSy8lGBIFBBVZcXm3h8BjZ8ZcLatarqrawz2913Xw1zweLIqK2JAJ8%2Fr6cDQgzHO0Ja6DFm2vzCY9NC3ukE5Y%3D&ddkey=https%3Agb%2Fgroceries%2Fget-ideas%2Ffeatures%2Four-brand-features%2Fdouble-up

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah spotted that, if I didn't get a SNES Mini for crimbo I would have picked one up, but the SNES Mini is actually faster hardware (Just no storage) and plays PS1 better than the PS1 mini. Will hack mine when I get home and stock retroarch on there.

N64 has been a harder one to emulate compared to PSX which has been in a great state for years. I was running epsxe on my PC over ten years ago running the original discs. N64 needs a bit more grunt specs-wise in my experience, not Saturn level but a bit more than you'd expect.

2 minutes ago, Somerset_Bumkin said:

Oh cool. Might put a few PS1 classics on mine then. 

Don't forget you will need a USB OTG lead and a pendrive/harddrive, otherwise you won't be able to fit anything in the SNES' miserable 279MB storage.

Going to connect mine up to a 64GB USB stick when it arrives from Amazon.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a week off coming up, going to buy and hammer the crap out of RE:2

Anyone know the play time? if it's a miserable 8 hours I might just wait for it in the sales and carry on playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 instead.

4 hours ago, Tachikoma said:

Anyone know the play time? if it's a miserable 8 hours I might just wait for it in the sales and carry on playing Valkyria Chronicles 4 instead.

From what I've heard, it is around 8 hours for the 2 play throughs. I quite like a shorter game though, so I'm in. 

7 hours ago, Tachikoma said:

I've heard around 6 hours for each campaign.

• 3 months later...

Epic are continuing their aggressive move info digital store fronts with a sale, including an extra tenner off anything over £13. So I've preordered the John Wick game for £4.39 as a result. 

• 4 months later...