Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Forum Feedback

I quote like this layout and colour scheme, although Pookake man needs to be on a clear background personally and the buttons would look better in the deep red that the links are in.

I spent about an hour and a half last night trying to render pookakkeman but gave up as the software I have is a bit crap and his tache looked rubbish.

I can change the colours later, remind me when I speak to you tonight.

Guest a4paper

When I get a PM, the text is all squashed over to right. It's not a major problem but I thought I'd let you know.

Yes, the front page is in need of a spruce up, but Edge/Xeph usually uses his "purdy tongue" for things like that, so if someone can write me something purdy for the front page, feel free!

Is this still required? I can get something sorted by tomorrow if needs be.

Guest redman

all my posts get the pink timed out banner after I try and post 'em.

it's exaclty like what happened on the old gtm boards.

only happening after yesterdays server thing.

thanks

Guest redman

still getting timed out Tachi. If it's nothing on the forum's side don't worry, not too much of a problem.

Is this in general or when making posts? I keep getting the latter every now and then, in IE and Firerox, I don't know what it is, there is no login session time, and post timeouts are something like 60 seconds.

I have sync'd then forum posts, checked settings and user groups, I just can't find anything.

Guest redman

just when making posts. and its not consistent either, most long posts get timed out but sometimes I get timed out for oneword/sentence ones. sometimes it's fine.

EDIT: and sometimes I can't edit them

I was thinking you could have a reviews section on the Main Menu (notthe forum part but a proper reviews section)

Where once a review is posted on either First Impressions or Second Chance Reviews, it was published to that particular section, and you could use the "weasel" system that I've just seen Cherry_Death use in his Elite Beat Agents thread.

People would have to write them long enough to justify giving them a whole page as a paragraph or so synopsis would just look daft. I am more than willing to do it, it was one thing I wanted everyone to want to do, but nobody took me up on it.

It might be me today, but I keep timing out when scanning to a new page, and the shoutbox does the same. I'll have a look when I'm home but just wondering if anyone else is having the same hassle? Looks like a minor bit of server slowdown, but could be wrong.

Guest wholehole

I'm right there with you Ped.

I got myself a new machine today so I just put it down to that, but if you're experiencing the same problem, then it must be ok!

I have had the same, but my internet connection in work is so slow all sites have been crawling.

I will look at the logs when I get home, see if there's anything odd.

I'm getting the same thing, I noticed it starting a few days ago.

Looks like it could be a server-side issue then, wouldn't be surprising if they've had a bit of storm interruption if they're UK based (are they Tach?).

No, they are American, UK hosting is too expensive for the amounts of bandwidth you really need to run a site these days.

It's shared hosting, so I will email their helpdesk tonight, say people have been complaining of slow access, one of the other sites on the server might be hogging memory/bandwidth or something.

I might have fixed the

Invalid submission. You could have exceeded session time. Please re-submit or make a backup of your post and login to resubmit if necessary.

Issue, let me know if anyone still gets it please.

Well let me know if it does it again, I will have to rebuild the session table if you do... and I have no idea if I will destroy the site by trying it.