Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Forum Feedback

Guest Sly Reflex

Still fucked. Long loading times and time outs leading to links to look at cached versions.

The server had an outage last night, the hosting company is telling me everything is fine, but their own software is saying there's problems, so I think they are doing something big in the background as we are hosted on a very old server and they don't want to let on how bad it is.

I think it might be, problem is we are on a very reasonable deal, but if the site is largely unusable then that's irrelevant.

Will have to pull the bandwidth logs and look around to see if we can get a similar or better deal elsewhere.

Guest SlyEnemy

I might be able to help out here, a friend of mine tends to host a lot of the stuff I do and he won't mind adding the forum to it. It'll also cost nothing. Want me to ask?

Couldn't get on the site at 10 this evening. It was completely dead.

Are we due another members contribution to go somewhere better? Is there any cash left from the last fundraising?

The fundraising pot ran out ages ago (a year? not sure will need to check), I have been funding the site since.

Yeah if you could ask about hosting, that would be grand, I'm sure we can pay our way.

Guest SlyEnemy

I wouldn't worry avout paying. He needs it for work but he has a fuck load of space that he uses for nothing. I'm meeting him for a drink tonight, I'll ask him. Is there a way to port the site over as is? It might be easier to pass on your Email to him if that's alright?

Yeah the site can be ported, the only thing that will be a chore is the DNS re-registration while everything updates to point the URL at the right IP address. Means the site could be down for a day or two depending on which DNS server they use.

Will try to read up on what is required on the weekend, as not sure what is required from the forum software company when it comes to migrating to a new server.

Guest Dark_Knight

It depends on the TTL of the A record how long it will be cached on the various DNS servers we all query, could be 24-48 hours for full propagation of the change or it could be an hour. I've done a few A record changes in the past that seemed to have been pretty instant.

Good!

Hopefully we won't need to move servers, but if there's any problems I can arrange that while I am on paternity leave next week.

I had it two days ago where I couldn't connect, tried refreshing about 10 times, on the last attempt suddenly it worked.

Can't seem to save my profile when I edit it...

Oops! Something went wrong!

[#10218]

One of the fields you filled in requires values in a specific format, but the value you supplied did not meet this format ('Website URL').

What are you trying to change it to? Will try it from here just to see its not the software being funny with a URL.

I was updating my completed games list - thing is, even if I remove everything it does the same thing, or if I just put one character.

I think it's server maintenance, had an email about it last week but didnt pay much attention as it usually doesn't cause a problem.