Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forum Feedback

The font size in that shout thing is waaaay too big! Can we have the recent posts back in the forum please? It's just easier to navigate that way, less clicks to get places, etc!

Oh, and while I remember, another request for laziness' sake, the bottom of posts need a 'quote' button!

There's the "view unread posts" drop down at the top of the forum, that lists everything. I never saw the point in the recent posts thing, but people asked for it. If I move it back, it will have to go at the bottom of the blocks on the left, it would squash the forum if it was on the right.

That Shoutbox font needs sorting... maybe having it just as a popup window is the way forward?

And I'm with TTK - the recent posts thing came in handy - bring it back please?

That shoutbox has worked out pretty well! It does need to be made longer and the font made smaller though. Obviously when you have time Tach, don't stretch yourself.

Sorry to disagree FKI, if we want to keep the shoutbox, having it in a popup window would just be fookin annoying. The less popups the better.

I will see if I can edit the css for the shoutbox, to see if it is changeable, I will build another phantom forum so I can test things without fear of breaking this place (again)

I think I see the problem, I assume those that want the shoutbox font made smaller are all using IE? I have just seen it for the first time since installing it in IE, and yes the font is huge, but in Firefox, it is the same size as the rest of the site's fonts. So I think the module must have been built for Firefox, and not IE (which you find a lot of in freeware circles) so it might mess up the font sizes for Firefox users if I make it any smaller.

Agree, Tachi.

I went on a work PC today (my work doesn't involve computers at all, but I was sneaky and had nothing to do), and the guy uses IE. Ugh.

Anyway, the font was HUUUUUUUGE!

Don't mess with IE people, it's just not worth the hassle.

I can't honestly see why this still happens.

Can't they just streamline everything between the browsers and have done with it? Seriously a user just shouldn't have to have two different browsers in order to view the internet properly!

It's this sort of cross-browser incompatibility that makes my work seem like hard work.

IE = Stupid.

Firefox = Stupid.

Internet = Best Friend & Worst Enemy.

FUCK!!!!

Issue one: Recently my posts 'time out' when I submit even though they've taken a minute or two to type at most. Dunno why it's started doing that.

Issue two: Why doesn't my hilarious temporary sig show up? It's visible in my profile?

Yes I have had the former problem as well, hit reply again and it usually works. This is the thing with free software, there is no technical help outside of someone on their forum's goodwill. Usually you see hundreds of posts asking the same thing and they are largely ignored. If I had the cash I could buy some "proper" CMS software, but we are talking in the hundreds of pounds area, so it's not going to happen soon!

The second issue:

Click on the "reply" button rather than using the quick reply box. Type in your reply, and make sure the "always attach my signature" box there is ticked as well. It appears they duplicated the function, and you have to have the one in the reply box and in your profile ticked for it to work sometimes. You should only have to do this once.

I ticked the box in Jusat's profile earlier as it was unticked, but it did nothing, so hopefully that duplication thing helps it.

I think the sig file was too large maybe...

(it was this by the way).

As for the timing out, it's not really a big deal, as said, I just re-submit and it works most of the time, was just wondering if there was a fix.

The size shouldn't matter, only if it's being uploaded to this sites servers. If it's remotely hosted you can link any size file you want (within reason)

Well, its showing up in your new posts now, but not the old ones, so its all good, apparently. Good sig, too:-D

Just a shame it's so massive. It's nearly half a meg!

It's a good job it's Carlton dancing Jusat, otherwise you might have trouble on your hands.

Yeah I was going to do that, but forgot, I will see if I get the chance in work tomorrow. Thanks

For some reason I received 9 PM notifications of new posts.Ive deleted them and unsubscribed, but just thought you should know.Almost forgot, the point was that I didnt subscribe to notifications.