Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Forum Feedback

Sorry!

Someone managed to send 4096 POST requests to the SQL database and it broke, couldn't fix it from the office, and none of the other admins would have been able to do it as it was a hosting issue.

No idea, the software limit was 2000 POST requests, and someone managed to send over double that, twice.

I'm waiting for an update to my request to update the forum software.

SQL is like a big box of all the stuff on the site, I'm afraid I can't reassure you as I tried going through the 27MB of access logs for yesterday to try to find the problem and lost the will to live.

We are. Everyone comes, leaves something of themselves behind and either leaves feeling elated or empty. Nothing inbetween.

SQL (apparently pronounced Sequel after I have been literally saying the letters for about five years now) is technically the language (syntax more specifically) that you converse with when talking to the database.

If you think about databases as tables, fields and records.

Tables just being the storage for a specific task. Fields being the subject matter and records being the bits that make up the subject matter.

One table will be users, of which fields there will be username, date of birth, password, signature, URL of avatar etc. Then the records will be the bits that make up the fields. Then another table will be actuall forums and the posts will be the records.

Apparently because large websites are now so large they have moved away from traditional databases and are using something called NoSQL now which is non-relational and I can't quite get my head around it. Although I don't need to, as I don't know why I know about MySQL in the first place.

I refuse to call it sequel, it would be like calling FTP "fuhtuhpuh"

Anyway, the suhosin max value has been increased, so that should solve any future database overloads, still waiting for IPB to update the software.

Guest FolkoRoco

Interesting abbreviation fact.

WWW is more syllables (therefore longer) than just saying World Wide Web

Think I know what the problem is, all the BBCode, emoticons, advanced text features, stuff like that are reset/disabled for all user groups, should be an easy fix once I am home unless one of the other mods can log into the AdminCP and change it first.

So the forum now seems fucked through the IP Board iPhone app.

First I go to post something and then it tells me something went wrong. On the fourth occasion it tells me this app is now out of date, there is a new one I should download (couldn't they have just updated the old one??????). Install that, put in the forum name, my username and password... no. Doesn't like my username and password. The same one I've had for many years now.

I didn't think Welsh was a race.

It is, same as White Irish, White Scottish, Black American, Black African, Black Caribbean, etc. On nationality questions in statistics it breaks down the "races" quite a lot, although not a lot of people know (or more likely shouldn't know) that all this extra data (other than in purely ethnicity surveys) is abandoned and people are just recorded as "black" "white" etc.