I have a Series S, if that counts.

It's impressive they got so much into such a small box, and it looks by far the nicest of the new consoles IMO. It's very responsive... shame there's not many games yet, but I bought it was a bedroom gaming box for using with gamepass, so it'll pay for itself.

Downside, the storage space is far too small really. I'll probably buy an expansion card for it which makes it cost as much as the X would have. But I still wouldn't want one of those in the bedroom anyway.

Enjoying my Series X, have plonked it behind my TV as it's just too big and I need to avoid my cat treating it as a heated bed. He's got the router for that...

15 hours ago, Duffman said:

I have a Series S, if that counts.

It's impressive they got so much into such a small box, and it looks by far the nicest of the new consoles IMO. It's very responsive... shame there's not many games yet, but I bought it was a bedroom gaming box for using with gamepass, so it'll pay for itself.

Downside, the storage space is far too small really. I'll probably buy an expansion card for it which makes it cost as much as the X would have. But I still wouldn't want one of those in the bedroom anyway.

I think I would go the S route, it certainly seems like a bargain, but like you said, once you add another SSD you might as well have bought the X. I hope that third parties start coming out with cheaper options, in theory Sandisk or whoever can come out with a compatible option, but from what I have seen, the external USB transfer option isn't that bad considering you can run backwards compatible games straight from a USB drive.

I think the external USB will be the way to go if you can't stomach the cost of the SSD. Easier to stomach having 2TB of games on your external and then just swap stuff on the fly. What are the transfer times like on that?

I think it was YongYea did some tests, 45GB game copied over to internal storage in about 8-12 minutes so not too bad, and unless you are really hammering old games and want the quick resume feature, you can just leave them on the drive and run them over USB.