Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ginja

Darksiders 3

So having spent the week with Darksiders 3 and being right near the end I can safely say this is a cracking fucking game.

Don’t get me wrong it’s solid B tier all the way but it’s inventive and surprising at almost every turn. It’s Light Souls rather than dark, there’s a forgiving nature to it that the “Dark” games don’t have but the combat is great and gets better the more you progress .

It’s on game pass and was on ps plus a few months back. Give it a go.

Interesting, it got mauled critically. How does it compare to the second one?

It's a very different beast to 2. Which I finished last week and loved.

There's no dungeons and the puzzles are just environmental, and it usually comes down to using one or more of your powers to solve it. Or finding some swords to open a door. Fury is nimble but nowhere near the degree of Death who could leap around like Mario and wall run like the Prince of Persia. Traversal is more about using your powers to manoeuvre through the environment. There's also no loot like 2. You have your whip to begin with and you obtain a secondary weapon with each power. They can all be levelled up and you get items to slot into them and they too can be boosted.

What I really like is early game you'll see areas blocked off by purple goo or walls that are glowing and you know one of the powers you'll acquire will allow you to go through and explore more. Backtracking through these areas after you've levelled up is a nice respite as you're now seriously OP and you can mostly relax and kick arse while exploring and farming.

The combat is mostly based around countering at the right time and if you do then the counter is a super powerful Arcane attack so I've been putting a lot of my ability points into that.

It got patched with the classic combat and it made it more forgiving so that probably helped since that seemed to be a massive criticism. I haven't tried the original style of combat. Maybe I'll give it a look when I'm done.