Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Somerset_Bumkin

2020 Game Completion Thread

1 hour ago, Somerset_Bumkin said:

2nd hand or was that new?  £5 seems like a bargain!

4 for £20 2nd hand from Game. Got WW2,Advanced Warfare, Infinite Warfare that also has Modern Warfare on disc, and Evil WIthin 2.So technically £4 :)

This was before the fall of society etc obviously.

Donut County-PS4-First Platinum of the year!! Such a charming little game. It clocks in at around 3 hours including some replaying to get the Plat.  Mild puzzles and a kooky story. Well worth the £5 I paid.

Tex Murphy: Mean Streets (poc)

Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening (Switch)

God of War (PS4)

FF7 Remake (PS4)

Streets of Rage 4 (PS4)

Somehow I have managed to complete video games, despite having less time to play. Think I am more focused with my gaming time. I spend less time flitting from game to game.

COD:Modern Warfare 2 Remastered-Bone- This game not only holds up, but is better than I remember. The remaster looks lovely, and a couple of the levels are truly fantastic looking. Worth the £19.99...? Maybe, depends on how much you like COD. I only paid £10 thanks to Microsoft rewards. Definitely worth that.

COD:Advanced Warfare-Bone-The end of my CODyssey (sorry) for now. This was alright, I seem to remember enjoying it more the first time around, but coming straight off the back of MW2, it felt flat. The sound and feel of the weapons for one and too much downtime with the exposition. I suppose they paid for Spacey we better use Spacey. I'll probably never play this again so I'll press X to pay my respects...

Hunchback-Commodore 64-Finished for the first time ever, for ever ever,(with trainers)-No wonder I never finished this back in the day. So much bullshit. Flame ball from front, then after loss of life, flame ball from back. Insert arrow for flame ball for next level...Jeeez. Still enjoyed it, but seriously... Moved on to Hunchback 2, and even with extra lives I couldn't make it past the level I could get to back in the day. Fuck this game.

Aztec Challenge_Commodore 64- Finished this multiple times back in the day and multiple times today. This and Forbidden Forest are some of my faves, same guy made them I believe.

Batman:The Movie - Commodore 64- If anyone said they finished this without extra lives or cheats is a liar...Full of bullshit. It looks great for an end of life C64 game though.

I'm close to 1ccing BCs Quest for Tires though so that's nice.

Doom Eternal (PS4)

This was good, but like someone else said the Marauder can fuck right off. Got so sick of him popping up I put the game down to easy.

Apart from a slow start it’s a great game. The combat and graphics were really good, especially the destructible demons, but I think 2016 was better overall , even though each individual element in Eternal was better. Possibly because it felt a bit more restrictive in how the game forces you to use its mechanics to get resources instead of pickups, and it looks like it wants you to be in the air a lot of the time.

Jimmy will never complete this.

Death Stranding (PS4) - 2019 - 5/5
What Remains of Edith Finch (XB1) - 2017 - 4/5
Resident Evil 5 - Co-op (360 on XB1) - 2009 - 2/5
Resident Evil 3 Remake (XB1) - 2020 - 4/5
Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) - 2020 - 5/5

Final Fantasy VII (PSX on PS4) - 1997 - 4/5
After initially getting this on Switch, my wife discovered Animal Crossing and now lives on the Switch, so I bought it again for PS4 :D

Definitely parts of it that haven't aged so well, and I was happy to have the 3x speed assist considering this was like my 5th or 6th playthrough, but it's still an awesome experience overall.

Edited by toneeblair

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4)

Started this ages ago and wanted to get something off the backlog. Turns out I didn’t have that much left to go. It was fine. Pretty much the same as the previous one/Uncharted. At some point I’ll pick up Shadow, in hope that it will be more puzzle focussed than combat heavy like this one.

SOTR>TR>ROTR

The 2nd one was just combat arena after combat arena. I had to force myself to finish it in the end.

Darksiders 2:Deathinitive Edition-PS4- Wow, what a great fucking game. It out  Zeldas, Zelda at times, the combat is great, the loot is great. It's great. Soooo much better than the first which I do like apart from some old school design decisions. It's basically Prince of Persia traversal, with Diablo style loot, Zelda dungeons and God of War combat. It's the bastards bastard bastards love child of all of them. I really want to get stuck into 3 as my Dad who at nearly 71 is still a massive geek says it's really good(he finished it last week) proud son etc. but I need a change of pace.

I’d heard mixed things about Darksiders 2, and despite loving the first I never played the second. Looks like I’ll be picking it up on the Switch at some stage

^^Good Lad!

Batman:The Enemy Within-PS4- Furlough Platinum number 2! It's your standard Telltale gameplay, but I really like what this series has done with the established characters. Well worth a play through. Both of them have been GWG on the Xbox recently too so most will have access to them.

Firewatch-PS4-I tend to play at least 1 walking simulator a year and this year Firewatch got the nod. It was good, with a surprising amount going on. I really enjoyed the story except the ending. It felt a little rushed and disingenuous . Worth a look if you like this sort of game though.

Fractured Minds-Bone Game Pass-Supposedly a game about mental health but it did nothing for me apart from frustrate as the controls are a bit crap. Only took 20 minutes so I saw it through to the end and 1000gs so that's nice...

Darksiders 3-PS4-Man what a game. It's solid B tier. The camera is occasionally janky, and it's not a looker but I could not stop playing this. I started Monday afternoon and I've put about 21 hours into this. There's more for me to find and I may go for a NG+ run at some point. Not right now though as my priority is clear the backlog while I'm furloughed as I won't get this opportunity to sit on my arse guilt free for another 19 years :)

Far Cry 5: New Dawn (Bone)

Dawn of War (PC)

Dawn of War 2 (PC).

Dawn of War 2: Chaos Rising (PC).

Dawn of War: Winter Assault (PC).

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (PC). 

Not sure why I've decided to replay all the DoW games but enjoying them all the same.  Winter Assault was a good challenge but Dark Crusade had some very testing moments, think one map took about 4 hours due to me letting the AI build two massive bases.  Great sense of accomplishment when I finally cracked it.  Just Soulstorm left from the originals and think I'll skip DoW2: Restribution - tried it again but couldn't get into it at all - too different.

Assassin’s Creed Origins (PS4)

I enjoyed this. First AC I played since 3. The setting was interesting, decent if linear story and exploring the world was cool.

I didn’t like how long it was and the RPG elements felt tacked on and force you to do side quests to level up that I wasn’t fussed with.

Worth the £10 I spent. Might try Valhalla if I’m desperate for something on next gen, but in no real rush to play every entry in the series I missed.

Tex Murphy: Mean Streets (poc)

Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening (Switch)

God of War (PS4)

FF7 Remake (PS4)

Streets of Rage 4 (PS4)

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine (PS4) 

Amazing. Still one of my favourite games after, what, 5 years? I imagine I'll still keep going back to clear up the side quests. 

Days Gone-PS4-Furlough Platinum number 3!- This is a great game. I heard it had issues when it released but I started playing it at the end of May. It's massive and doesn't know how to describe a point of no return but apart from that I can only fault it for being a bit too long. One of my favourite games this gen.

EDIT: Forgot to mention how bad the main actor is. He's so OTT and only has a small repertoire of phrases during set pieces  like taking over marauder camps. He also takes his acting lessons from the Family Guy piss take of the Hoth Han/Luke scene with the heavy breathing taken to the next level. Except it's not played for laughs! Still a great game though.