Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Somerset_Bumkin

2020 Game Completion Thread

Nah, it was epically awesome I thought that was totally immersive. I think you missed a trick by not doing the side missions as some of those were the best ones. Game is completely jam packed full of detail that constantly leaves you awestruck. Didn’t you notice the shrinking stallion balls in the snow?  

You make a valid point though, RDR1 was a better game to play. But the sequel is an unbelievable privilege to be able to play. 

Shrinking horse balls does not make a fun game. I didn’t question the level of detail and the systems; it makes for a great simulator but not a fun game.

A privilege to play? :lol:

As in, you think how amazing it actually is the be immersed so deeply in the Wild West and be free to do almost as you please. It is a privilege, wasn’t that long ago for me I was playing Jet Set Willy!

The original was definitely a better ‘game’, and I’ve played that though twice. Still not feeling the urge to play 2 again, would rather see a remaster of the original. 

Edited by Somerset_Bumkin

Monster Hunter World Iceborne

Completed the story mode, refreshing update to the game, takes you back to how you felt first playing it, totally unprepared and undergeared. The monsters are a challenge again, and I haven't even got to Iceborne tempered monsters yet.

The handler still needs to die though, cannot stand her, to the point I paid for the Mr X DLC just to glean some enjoyment out of the bits she is in.

Metro-Last Light-PS4- A great story based shooter that does everything better than 2033. I've already downloaded Exodus to got straight into it. Although Al has said it's not very good, but we all know what he's like... ;)

Death Stranding (PS4) - 2019 - 5/5

This was a while back actually, but after some initial trepidation about whether I'd like another Kojima game, I ended up really clicking with this. I liken it to something like Animal Crossing or Stardew Valley, and it was my "zen" game for decompressing after the day / week. 

What Remains of Edith Finch (XB1) - 2017 - 4/5

Beautiful little game that was full of surprises. 

FC5 New Dawn (Bone)

Dawn of War (PC)-  Retreated to my office last week to get some space During lockdown and rediscovered my PC and Steam. Still a great RTS, if a little easy on normal.  Started DW2 straight after as it was on steam but want to go back to the original expansions as soon as I can be bothered to get them out of my attic. 

Pretty pathetic game list so far this year. Damn kids. 

Edited by Somerset_Bumkin