Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tachikoma

Retro Purchases Thread

So, went for my usual wander around the charity shops this weekend with my daughter and picked up:

Nintendo Wii - £5

Launch (ie probably RROD) 2006 XBOX 360 for £15, at the very least I can use it to display my 360 faceplate collection

This prompted me to go on Fleabay and buy:

Wii HDMI adaptor (kind of pointless due to the below purchase)

Nintendo Wii U 32GB Console - Splatoon Edition

Samba De Amigo - Wii - Sealed (for the collection)

Bullet Witch - 360 (don't judge)

Vampire Rain - 360 (don't judge)

ZombiiU - WiiU - Sealed (for the collection)

Mighty No 9 - WiiU - Sealed

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival - WiiU - Sealed

360 VGA adaptor, seeing as it's a launch 360 and doesn't have HDMI and my TV doesn't have component, so VGA or nothing.

Playing the speculation game on some sealed games, seeing as the WiiU is in that awkward not quite new, not quite retro phase where everything is fire sale prices.

Non-retro purchase - Panty Party Ltd Edition - Switch - Very random purchase, but these Limited Run games seem to be worth grabbing from time to time, and this is came with a pair of branded panties, so yeah... bought it for shits (stains) and giggles

Keep an eye on Facebook marketplace.  Lots of Wii U games going ridiculously cheap in my area.

1 hour ago, Ginja said:

Keep an eye on Facebook marketplace.  Lots of Wii U games going ridiculously cheap in my area.

Damnit, delete my facebook account a while ago!

45 minutes ago, Jusatsushi said:

CleanBigGlobefish-size_restricted.gif

Don't worry, I'm not going GP on us, I used to flip sealed Dreamcast/Saturn games years ago and sell on forums to people like GP. Figured while I have some cash to burn I might do a bit of speculating and hoard some recent titles while they are cheap. I did get sniped on a sealed copy of Project Zero/Fatal Frame for the WiiU last night, that is certain to be one of the big collectables in the future as it was a very limited run, but it went over a ton so will hold off and see what is available in a few weeks.

After selling my GameCube collection to buy the wife a MacBook Pro for work about 5 years ago I’ve decided to try and buy it back again. Really miss that collection and I had some gems which are worth a lot more now - since when does Chibi-Robo fetch £100?? I think I sold it for around £50, it was a rarish one but I don’t remember it being much good to be honest!

Anyway I kept my GameCube and starting with the classics so bought myself Rogue Squadron (in my opinion it’s the best Star Wars game, that I’ve played), Mario Sunshine (which I’m really looking forward to) and Metroid Prime 1&2. 

Where do you guys buy retro? Starting with e-bay but there’s a lot of overpriced rubbish on there. Facebook?

I know, Gamecube has hit that annoying peak price part of its life. The P.N.03 demo disc I had is selling for a ton now, crazy.

So annoyed the ex kept the majority of my game collection.

I do still have a spool full of Sega MegaCD demo discs though, should really see if they are worth anything.