Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shufty

Stadia

Anyone watching Google's GDC stream? Assuming it works as promised it's impressive stuff. 

Vague mentions of low latency and removing some of the unpredictable elements. They've just stuck two fingers up to Microsoft by having a demo that's a persistent destructable world which they failed with on Crackdown 3

There's some great ideas here (integrated Google Assistant to search for a how to for example), will it actually work? 

Seems extremely interesting on paper, but lots of unknowns still.  

Biggest wins I can see for it would be opening up games to a much, much wider audience. Fortnite got so huge because it was on phones as well as consoles/PC, so if this can help more games do that it'll be awesome.

It might not be my preferred way to play, but I can see the benefits.

I steam from home to work using my PC and Moonlight on lunch breaks which is a distance of about six miles, wired connection at home to wireless at work which is mostly good, does go to pot every now and then, so I'm already up for this kind of thing. Costs will be huge barrier unless they bundle it with YouTube Premium or something. Doubt they will buy would be nice.