Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Resident Evil 2 Demo

Played on both PS4 Pro and PC to decide which version to get. It's basically early Resi by way of Resident Evil 7's mechanics. Essentially, 7 from a third person perspective with locations/puzzles from early Resi. I really enjoyed it. Will probably plump for the PC version as I was kind of disappointed how it looked on console. Surprisingly low res textures and the HDR was rubbish and washed out.

I was reading up on the HDR and supposedly it might just be the demo? Fingers crossed, caused it didn't look very good.

Otherwise, this really got me interested - I was a bit on the fence before I played, but since finishing the demo I've been thinking about how great it felt to play, and I'm really interested in the changes they've been making to keep the game interesting.

Oddly I did not give a shit about this but the more I think about it the more I should have a massive boner cos I fucking loved 7!

I bought the full game. Very atmospheric, and definitely not like 4/5/6 in terms of action. I never got very far in the original but this has some familiar areas and puzzles. Definitely worth picking up if you like horror or Resident Evil.

Not as good graphically (on Pro) as I was expecting, but could be my eyes (just got new glasses and adjusting to new prescription). Don’t think HDR works, it just looks washed out.

Yeah, the demo made me go for PC. The pro textures were suprisingly low res and the HDR is shit.

I've got as far as the arrival of a certain bad guy who likes following around so far and it's very good. Started as Claire as apparently that was the canon story in the original.

I started this yesterday. It's familiar but different. Having said that even though I finished 2 on the PS1 and either the DC/GC can't remember which as I have both, I barely recall most of it as it was 21 and 18 years ago respectively!

Playing the Pro version and I think it looks lovely, and the HDR seems pretty good, so maybe it got patched?

Anyway really enjoying this, only a couple of hours in on the Standard difficulty and not having too many problems. Just trying to sort out the key card for the parking garage and I've not had any issues so far with resources.  I love how they've modernised it by showing which doors need the special keys and if the room is completed by turning it blue. It stops a lot of aimless wandering which could get frustrating back in the day, especially with the bloody loading door animations!

I really hope they remake 3 too as I have a lot of love for that game even though it got panned for being too samey.