Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Smurph

2019 Game Completion Thread

Star wars battlefront 2 (PS4) - apparently I completed the campaign but it all happened with such little fanfare I'm not entirely sure.... 

Gears of War 3(360) 

Spiderman DLC1 (PS4)

Spiderman (PS4)R

Rogue Legacy (PS4/Vita)

They dropped it, I mean it's still there but I've found the multi player really uninspiring so just rattled through the campaign.

I think they changed it and made it all OK? I don't know, not really paid any attention to it

20 hours ago, Somerset_Bumkin said:

What happened with all that loot box nonsense? Did they drop it? Did the game flop? All was it all just internet rage?

They changed loads. The grind and how much of the in game currency that was needed. There was a certain amount of nerd rage, but the mechanics were out and out shitty.

It's changed again since I last played it a lot. Apparently the game is insanely popular and I would happily play it more .One of those it's better in a group game.

I had a few games on Battlefront 2 and in terms of all the progression and pay to win stuff it’s a very different game. Only cosmetics are for sale for money, you choose what upgrades to get that you want, not random. It’s basically the game it should’ve been at launch.

Titanfall 2 (PC) - 2016 - 4/5
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PC) - 2017 - 3/5
Resident Evil 2 Remake - Leon A / Claire B (XB1) - 2019 - 4/5
Life is Strange 2: Episode 2 (PS4) - 2019 - 3/5
Anthem (PC) - 2019 - 3/5
Spider-Man DLC: The Heist (PS4) - 3/5
Spider-Man DLC: Turf War (PS4) - 2/5
Outer Wilds (PC) - 2019 - 5/5
Cadence of Hyrule (Switch) - 2019 - 4/5

Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (WiiU) - 2019 - 2/5

Ehhhhhhhhh, this didn't age as well I hoped it had. Definitely a major step below Wind Waker, I was disappointed at how disappointed I was :(
So much of it felt like a hollow retread of Ocarina, and though it has some super cool dungeons and bosses, most of them just sorta flopped out without much personality.

Wind Waker is one of my fav games of all time but oddly it’s the only Zelda game that’s really gripped me. I didn’t really get into this either in the WiiU despite have a TP branded WiiU. 

On 7/28/2019 at 1:00 AM, Somerset_Bumkin said:

Wind Waker is one of my fav games of all time but oddly it’s the only Zelda game that’s really gripped me. I didn’t really get into this either in the WiiU despite have a TP branded WiiU. 

It definitely stands out from the rest of the 3D Zeldas from a pure visual and personality standpoint. Ocarina/Majora/Twilight are all fairly closely related, Skyward Sword is like a weird mix between the two styles and has some of the best and some of the worst things about the series in it.

I wish we could have gotten a Wind Waker that had the same time and resources behind it as Twilight Princess. I just want more of it!

Monster Hunter World - POC

Finished the main story, now onto the extended endgame and endless grinding.

Anthem (PC) - 2019 - 3/5

Life Is Strange 2: Episode 3 (PS4) - 4/5

Now it feels like it's hitting its stride! It all takes place in a fairly limited area, but the story and characters are digging in and there's some real good shit in this one.

Judgement ps4 - good story but some weird design choices just got in the way. Wouldn't use it to introduce people to the Yakuza world, that's what Zero is for. Still put over 50 hours into it though. 

Shadow of the Tomb Raider PC - much the same a the other two but really glitch-ridden, the pop in was ridiculous. Got a screenshot of an NPC standing sideways on a hut wall. 

Edited by Shufty

Yakuza Kiwami-PS4- I loved the Majima everywhere stuff for the first 30 hours, then it became annoying when you wanted to crack on and the fucker popped up.  I really enjoyed this, it was my 2nd time around. I don't remember the chapter 8 boss and the penultimate fights being this much of a frustration last time, maybe I played on easy last time... Anyway most people will have this through PS Plus so no excuses to not give it a go.

Super Mario Odyssey - All 880 feckin moons done....  Didn’t get into it first time around and then got sucked in to the point of mild obsession I guess. Still it was bloody brilliant and thought worth the money!  9/10 for me despite the countless hours as I felt most worlds lacked the charm I expect from Mario. I doubt very few worlds will fill me with nostalgia in 10 years like most of the Mario 64 ones do.  Platforming perfection let don’t slightly by off-key worlds. 

Last Guardian - lovely world, story. Trico too adorable for its own good. 

WORST FUCKING CAMERA COUPLED WITH AWKWARD CONTROLS I'VE EXPERIENCED IN RECENT YEARS! 

Anthem (PC) - 2019 - 3/5
Life Is Strange 2: Episode 3 (PS4) - 4/5

Life Is Strange 2: Episode 4 (PS4) - 3/5

Not as good as the last one, probably because it's focus was on a series of new characters rather than the ones that have been introduced before. Still, a good setup for the finale.

Manual Samuel-Bone- Well this a lot of fun. Sam is a dick and gets killed. He makes a deal with death and he gets brought back to life but he has to do everything manually. Hence the name of the game. You have to blink, breath, move your legs and hands all independently. Some of the levels are like rubbing your stomach while patting your head and at the same time reciting the alphabet backwards!!  It's on game pass until the end of the day but it only took me a couple of hours to beat so there's still time. If not pick it up anyway on poc. Well worth a couple of hours of anyone's time.

Beat Control on the weekend. It's really good. The setting is fantastic, it's a visually incredible game on PC, one of the most convincing environments I've ever seen. Cool story and excellent world building. Combat is really good fun too. Downside is that the checkpoint system's fucking garbage, but the Ashtray Maze is a 10/10 gaming moment that I'll remember forever so it's all even.

Oooh glad to hear that is good, got it free with my graphics card, it's installed but haven't had the chance to play it yet.

I definitely recommend it if you have a soft spot for Alan Wake as there's a lot of references to it if you explore thoroughly.

Gears of War 3 (Bone)

Started a coop play through ages ago and decided to finish it ahead of 5. Combat is still fun, but it’s too grey and brown in the colour palette (despite being better than the first 2). Going through 4 now, and I’d forgotten how good the HDR was on that in comparison.

The Witcher 3-PS4- Top 5 GOAT. Absolutely adored this game, so much to do. I literally lost myself playing this I'd sit down for a couple of hours and next thing I know it's been 5+. That happened on so many occasions. I've got the DLC to go through, but I'm taking a break to put on a do rag for a bit.

I have tried getting into The Witcher so many times, but there's something about the combat I just don't gel with, which makes me sad.