Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
El_Patriot

I will remember that

Telltale games is being shutdown :A005:Loved t Walking Dead series. Apparently bad management, as usual, although the number of licensed games being churned out probably didn’t help.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-21-the-walking-dead-developer-telltale-games-reportedly-lays-off-the-majority-of-its-staff

This was a surprise, enjoyed a lot of their stuff but found my interest waned over time.

I found the telltale formula wore thin after the walking dead 1 so am really not surprised by this. The news that that game was the only profitable release is crazy seeing as they point blank refused to change their model and continued to pump out these generic identikit choose your own adventure titles. The closure of the dead rising guys studio saddens me a lot more cos they made some great games with positive changes and deserved better.

They expanded WAY too fast. After the success of TWD rather than slowly growing they over saturated their own market.

No Wolf among us 2 :(

At least we get to finish Clems story. I would've bought more at launch than I did but I didn't agree with the pricing model and when they re-released TWD games with updated graphics and expected owners to buy them again that was another piss take. 

I feel for the people that worked there, forced overtime with no payment for it, Tales from the Borderlands only got finished because staff did it off their own backs. Hopefully THQ who seem to be hoovering up every IP/company at the moment will take over and keep them coming.

Tales from the Borderlands was mint, the others I never played

Super sad, that team was really talented and held back by poor management and poor tools. Saw a thread that summed up all the closures over last 7 days, something like 600 people got laid off at different companies.

One good thing though - all those great storytellers can now move somewhere a bit more supportive where they can do some really great work!