Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shufty

Octopath Traveller

About 4 hours in and enjoying it so far. Battle system is sort of a mix between Final Fantasy and Grandia where you can me around with the order of turns out cancel an opponent's turn outright.

Tried the English voice acting and very quickly switched to the Japanese choices.

I'm loving it. Got all 8 characters now and collecting the secondary jobs now. Then on to the chapter 2s.

Put some good time into this and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Having to grind a bit but it gives you a rating for the area so you can judge where's a good area to do it. Wish the characters interacted more than they do but it's a minor gripe. Some of the boss fights have been really involved and engaging.

Edited by Shufty

About 5 hours into this and it's really growing on me, absolutely in love with the art style and has that retro charm without being overly clunky or simplistic. My only real gripe is the summons/charming feature, it's interesting being able to easily swap out animals/people to better fit an area/boss, but when you have a really long drawn out boss battle, running out of summons half way is a ballache.