Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bondy

History of speedrunning videos

Any of you guys into speedrunning? A guy called Summoning Salt has a YouTube channel with a bunch of videos all about the world record progression for various games: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtUbO6rBht0daVIOGML3c8w/videos He goes into a bit of detail about the people and the techniques behind each new record, it's neat.

The Chocobo Mountain and Mario Kart 64 videos are some of the best.

I like the idea of it but the way its all about using glitches and input files or whatever theyre called puts me off a bit. A good live speed run is a thing of beauty though.

I've watched Sami Cetin nail Mario Kart, the guy is a master even if he wears a t shirt with his own name on.

I'm quite fascinated by speed runs, even the glitchy ones. The dedication to just that one game is mental!

I'm quite fascinated by speed runs, even the glitchy ones. The dedication to just that one game is mental!

Same here. There's something fascinating about spending thousands of hours in a game just to finish it as quickly as possible.

Same here. There's something fascinating about spending thousands of hours in a game just to finish it as quickly as possible.

I could do resi 4 pretty quick back in the day but I still only finished it a handful of times. Same with ico which I quite comfortable got the sub 4-hour trophy for without really trying.

I've watched a few Mario ones and some of them are mad