Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

E3 2018

That Xbox conference was pretty sweet, shame I don't own a xbone though.

Pretty standard MS conference for these days - wall to wall with games, but little real gameplay and most of the stuff is coming to other platforms as well anyway. A good show but hardly anything that's going to shift Xboxes over a PS4. I think they're aware of that which is why they emphasised that they're aquiring so many studios though.

Halo looks like the change in direction the series needs. Impression I'm getting is that they're looking to the original for some inspiration.

Cyberpunk looks great and nice to see an aesthetic that isn't the played out "it's night time and always raining" they could go for. Metro looks great. DMC 5 looks awesome.

Excited to see more of Doom Eternal for Bethesda and going to check out the Prey DLC later. Rage 2 looks fun. Fallout 76 sounds like the biggest pile of meh ever. TES 6 is a mile off but hopefully that means they're actually going to hire some writers this time around and have quests that are more than "go here and kill a necromancer".

Oh, and Gears Tactics is a great idea. It's a perfect fit for the X-Com style of gameplay. Surprised it took them this long.

Edited by Duffman

I actually like the look of Fallout 76.

I like a meaty co-op game and that looks just the ticket.

Rage 2 looks as awesome as I wanted it to be. Co-op Wolfenstein out of left field!

Bethesda continuing with bringing good stuff to the table imo.

Tomb Raider looks good, although I'm hoping there's less upgrading to do now. After all she's a seasoned adventurer now and rich. Buy some decent equipment you daft bint.

No MCC for PC but Halo 5 is now on there...so there's some hope.

Gears is gonna Gears but I've finished all the mainline series multiple times so I'll probably drop the game pass card for that day one. It's not like anybody plays the MP round these parts any more and they're not long games.

Cyberpunk . Just Wow. Day one. I saw an image stitched together from all the text during the "hack" they've outright said it's an RPG and not as action focused as the trailer. Apparently all those codes on the screen were for The Witcher 3 GOTY edition on the Xbox. CDPR do look after their fans.

I just don't know when I'm going to get time to play all these :A056:

Looking forward to seeing what Square and Ubisoft throw out tonight. I thought this year was going to be a pretty dull show...

Literally the only thing I've had a proper look at was the fallout bit but I've gone from being disappointed to being pretty keen! If a nice team of get together I reckon it'd be a good laugh. I like F4 but the size of it made me feel a bit directionless. With others I'd hopefully be pushed into actually doing something!

I know this is technically the case for any sequel but Tomb Raider looks the most "I've played this before" thing I've ever seen.

Quite excited about Halo now. Hopefully theyve swallowed their pride and ditched the god awful forerunner story arc and gone back to Master Chief is a badass not a war criminal, kind of Halo. You know, the kind of game people want to escape reality into.

Cyber punk however looks effin awesome.

Elder Scrolls 6, yes! I think, pretty sure I just saw some landscape though.

Edited by Somerset_Bumkin

A few decent announcements but nothing really jaw dropping. It doesnt help that there are so many leaks and early teasers.

So no Watch Dogs 3 :(

Ubisoft was still good. BG&E2 has me very excited. Skull and Bones looks fun as long as enough people get it. AC looked decent but I'm yet to buy Origins so that can wait.

Square. Tomb Raider looked good, but more of the same.

Sony. All 4 games look great but I don't know what to make of Death Stranding. Spiderman, Ghosts, and Last of Us day 1 though. Control also looked a bit Psi Ops/Quantum Break so interest piqued.

Nintendo Direct. More like Smash direct.

Edit: Manhunter. An open world Shark RPG. Looks like that could be amazing fun. I enjoyed Jaws Unleashed back in the day, so a better looking and playing version of that is nice.

That was really quite poor from Nintendo. Annoyingly it could have been great - just drop some proper teasers for Bayo 3, Retro's game and Metroid, and don't spend 6 hours on Smash patch notes and you're golden. Instead. BORING.

At least Hollow Knight is out.

All of E3 was meh. Everything had already been announced before or leaked. Its getting less relevant. Things I liked:

1. Doom

2. The time I saved by not watching all of it live.

I enjoyed watching it piecemeal over the last few days whilst I've been wandering around the house, washing up, cooking, taking a dump, shower etc.

This ^^

So Cyberpunk is an FPS. Did not see that coming.

Been rumoured that it's first person for a while, I think they're stressing it's not an FPS with RPG elements but an RPG with FPS elements.

Not sure how I feel about the FPS viewpoint for Cyberpunk.

I've got no problem with it if it's done well. That recent foray into first person open world that Mirror's Edge Catalyst managed felt pretty great tbh and I have complete faith in CDPR.

Not sure how I feel about the FPS viewpoint for Cyberpunk.

I love the Deus Ex games, so i'm ok with it.