Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jusatsushi

Detroit: Become Human - PS4

Anyone getting this later in the month? I really enjoyed the demo - seemed really polished and a very interesting premise. I went through three times, and the outcomes were all satisfyingly different.

I know David Cage has his detractors, but I've seriously enjoyed all his games to be honest. They are so easy to play - perfect for when your too tired to play anything that requires too much thought or skill.

Looking forward to it.

I will get it at some point, but still haven't finished God of War or Far Cry 5.

I've really enjoyed all his games, even Beyond. I played that with the wife who controlled the ghost via the Ipad.

It'll be down to £20 in no time. :)

I will end up playing this sooner rather than later. I had a go at the demo they had at EGX, which was great, and I have the new demo queued up on my PS4. I know these games inevitably have some serious issues (I still have tonal whiplash from Fahrenheit and the Banging The Dead Dude section), but I love their ambition and no-one else quite pulls off cinematic cheesy drama like Quantic Dream. Until Dawn was close, but it was way too self-aware and okay with messing around with genre conventions...Quantic Dream have an earnestness to them that no-one else does.

I look forward to a completely random and out of place 'the aliens did it!' scene at the end. Or something along those lines.

Edited by Bondy

I actually thought Beyond told a great story. It did Stranger Things years before Netflix dreamed it up.

I enjoyed Beyond a lot, I think they did a really good job with Jodie's character. That scene where

she's at the party and being taunted by teenagers is just excruciating, poor kid

. Sounds like I need to check out Stranger Things!

I just played the demo from the Playstation store: it's the same scenario I played at EGX (hostage situation), but in this version you can replay repeatedly (EGX was a one and done type thingy). It includes a flow chart of all the possible outcomes and choices so you can go through again and see what differences you can make, which was fun and helpful.

There were a lot of potential outcomes, so it'll be interesting to see if all the chapters have a similar number, or if this was just for demo purposes.

Very excited about the full release now!

On 5/15/2018 at 12:10 PM, Ginja said:

It'll be down to £20 in no time. :)

I wish. Got some time off coming up and I can't find a cheap copy anywhere. It's still 45 bloody quid on Amazon.

9 hours ago, Jusatsushi said:

I wish. Got some time off coming up and I can't find a cheap copy anywhere. It's still 45 bloody quid on Amazon.

Yeah it's held its value. Must have sold pretty well. Come back to Destiny 2 ;)