Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

PSVR - Is it worth it?

Had a go at jimbo's and it really is a fantastic experience.

I was a little bit disappointed with the resolution in hindsight. Nothing major just a bit fuzzy around the edges.

The only other thing was the actual game. Played the star wars thingy and the experience was incredible, looking around the ship, fucking with stuff, sticking my head out the window... Really entertaining. The actual flying round and shooting stuff bit was noting really new. I'm so focused on the shooting that it doesn't matter its in vr, plus if I turned one way and looked another it really turned my stomach so its not like I felt I could look for targets.

Saying that though it genuinely was a lot of fun to fuck around. I'm not sure what kind of games would suit it best but it does work very well.

As the Mrs said I would actually have one by now if the babies hadn't been on their way! She was going to get it for my birthday last year.

Yeah, the resolution is low, but the PS4 couldn’t run anything higher. I hope that VR tech keeps improving and we see something better in the next gen. For now, it is an awesome bit of kit, albeit with a few caveats.

So I got one. Played for too long and the luge one on VR Worlds messed me up. Went for a bath and the action of getting out of the bath made me light headed as fuck and I threw up.

Lesson: Shorter sessions and build up slowly.

Good fun though, until the vom.

3 hours ago, Shufty said:

Still enjoying it. Picked up Battlefront for £3 so I could try the VR DLC which was a short bit of fun.

I've played through that about 10 times easily.  I love it!

I'm back on a massive VR kick at the moment. Finsihed Astro Bot world 3 last night. So many good levels back to back and the boss had me grinning!

I also went back to Statik which is one of my favourite games on the system. I was bashing my head against a puzzle for about 20 minutes and suddenly it just clicked. So simple in hindsight but I couldn't see how to get it all started when I first got to it. Rush of Blood got some time last week although I'm stuck at the end of level 4 or 5. Keep getting killed but not sure what I can do to stop it...

20 minutes ago, Idaho said:

*ahem*... Git Gud... 

You're welcome

Instructions unclear. Punched hole in tv.

27 minutes ago, Duffman said:

I might be tempted when AC7 comes out

I saw a video of that last week. Looks amazing.

Has anyone played Beat Saber on PSVR? It looks amazing.

It's on my looooong VR wish list.

Currently waiting for that and Tetris Effect to drop in price.

10 hours ago, Papa said:

Has anyone played Beat Saber on PSVR? It looks amazing.

#PCMasterRace

A whole bunch of VR stuff got announced on Sony’s State of Play stream. Finally a date for Blood & Truth, No Man’s Sky, Everybody’s Golf and Ironman. Probably going to pick a few of these up.

I’m pleasantly surprised by the amount of support PSVR is getting. Thought it would end up like Vita a lot sooner.