Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

PSVR - Is it worth it?

Had a go at jimbo's and it really is a fantastic experience.

I was a little bit disappointed with the resolution in hindsight. Nothing major just a bit fuzzy around the edges.

The only other thing was the actual game. Played the star wars thingy and the experience was incredible, looking around the ship, fucking with stuff, sticking my head out the window... Really entertaining. The actual flying round and shooting stuff bit was noting really new. I'm so focused on the shooting that it doesn't matter its in vr, plus if I turned one way and looked another it really turned my stomach so its not like I felt I could look for targets.

Saying that though it genuinely was a lot of fun to fuck around. I'm not sure what kind of games would suit it best but it does work very well.

As the Mrs said I would actually have one by now if the babies hadn't been on their way! She was going to get it for my birthday last year.

Yeah, the resolution is low, but the PS4 couldn’t run anything higher. I hope that VR tech keeps improving and we see something better in the next gen. For now, it is an awesome bit of kit, albeit with a few caveats.

Do you have to buy the caveats separately?

So I got one. Played for too long and the luge one on VR Worlds messed me up. Went for a bath and the action of getting out of the bath made me light headed as fuck and I threw up.

Lesson: Shorter sessions and build up slowly.

Good fun though, until the vom.