Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

PSVR - Is it worth it?

With PSVR coming down to £250, I am very tempted, but is it actually worth it? I know my kids would enjoy it for a bit, but worry that it would be used for a week, and then never be touched again.

I was tempted by it last year but then babies. I feel like if you approach it like rock band then you'll be great. There's loads of mini games and shit which look awesome but I wouldn't want to play hours and hours of it. Although I do want to give resi 7 a go!

Ive been keeping an eye on prices since I tried it at a pre release event. Now I have a pro, and this price cut, Im definitely getting one this summer as a Birthday present to myself (unless something amazing is announced at E3).

It also helps that I have a few games with free VR modes and there have been some with Plus so wont need to buy software to start with.

Edited by El_Patriot

I'm sold on it. Had it since November.

Some amazing games, lots of great experiences.

Happy I bought it.

My brother just bought it because of Wipeout.

That is what is tempting me. Plus, No Man Sky is looking like it is going to get a PSVR update soon too.

lol no, No Mans Sky will stay shit!

Wipeout makes it a must have imho. It felt a bit like it was just going to be a mini game haven but now its legit gaming, full proper AAA titles arriving on it, updates for free of older stuff... I mean Rez, Drive Club, Stardust, tons of amazing games now. Im very glad I have it.

Yeah, so I bought it today. Should be with me by the weekend. Are the move controllers required?

Only for a couple of games. You need it for Superhot though. So yes, essential ????

I also bought VR, about a week ago. Played it a little bit, but love it. Think it works best in short bursts of an hour or so, but Superhot is awesome on it (and the reason I bought it after trying it at Waynes). Pretty good deal for it at Game; headset, camera, VR Worlds download, move controls and Superhot disc (could also choose other games instead) for £309.99.

Glad you're having fun with it :)

I played an hour of Statik last night. Inventive little puzzle game where your hands are stuck in a box and you have to work out which button does what each time to solve each part of the puzzle to complete the box.

The game is amazing, everyone should play it but don't look up solutions because it's not that long.

How's everyone's motion sickness with it? I now get motion sickness with really swingy cameras (thanks, brain) so I'm a bit tentative around trying VR.

How's everyone's motion sickness with it? I now get motion sickness with really swingy cameras (thanks, brain) so I'm a bit tentative around trying VR.

It's a bit like sea legs. You get used to it. It's also worth trying some less intensive games to build yourself up.

When I first started playing I found smooth turning in Resi 7 and Skyrim a bit nauseous but the more I played I felt it less and less. It's now not a problem, but I don't play for any more than an hour without taking a break.

I've only played with VR a couple of times and it made me feel super ropey, not sure I wanna drop £250 on something that makes me feel ill :-(

I'm looking forward to papa's place to give vr a whirl

Yeah, absolutely bud, though it is a very solitary experience.

I am enjoying PSVR, and am finding the sickness less of an issue than I thought it would be. I am not playing for super long periods though, so that probably helps. As a quick review of the tech, I can say that it absolutely exceeds my expectation for a 'budget' vr experience. I am finding myself missing not being able to look around when playing non-vr games, though I couldn't imagine playing everything in vr.

Oh, and Resident Evil 7 in VR can fuck right off. Just right fucking off. Even though I know when the scares are coming, I still brick it while playing in vr.

Yeah, absolutely bud, though it is a very solitary experience.

I am enjoying PSVR, and am finding the sickness less of an issue than I thought it would be. I am not playing for super long periods though, so that probably helps. As a quick review of the tech, I can say that it absolutely exceeds my expectation for a 'budget' vr experience. I am finding myself missing not being able to look around when playing non-vr games, though I couldn't imagine playing everything in vr.

Oh, and Resident Evil 7 in VR can fuck right off. Just right fucking off. Even though I know when the scares are coming, I still brick it while playing in vr.

Get Keep talking and nobody explodes. That's a lot of fun and can only be played as a group.

Statik sounds really good

I have both Headmaster and Statik.

Statik is indeed very fucking awesome. I'm at a puzzle with a remote controlled car and haven't quite figured that out yet. I refuse to look at guides though :)

Headmaster is a lot of fun but even though I feel I'm heading the ball correctly it just doesn't do what I feel it should. I have to adjust to the game and it doesn't feel natural.

I played a demo of Headmaster. What I played was fun but it never seemed like the ball responds how you expect, i.e if you try a downward header the ball loops up. I think it is more of a timing game than an accuracy one.

I played an hour or so of Skyrim VR last night. No sickness, and I felt like a more manly Legolas firing the bow using the move controllers. At one point I went to stick an arrow in a bandits eye, but sadly this did not elicit the desired response. :-(