2018 Game Completion Thread

Assassins Creed: Origins (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5
Assassins Creed: Origins: The Hidden Ones DLC (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Mario Odyssey (Switch) - 2017 - 4/5

Pokemon: Ultra Sun (3DS) - 2017 - 4/5

Shadow of the Colossus - Remastered (PS4) - 2/5

The Secret of Monkey Island - Remastered (PC) - 4/5

Pokemon Black - DS - 2010 - 3/5

Only playing through this so that I can get some of my childhood catches up the chain into the most recent ones. It's a Pokemon game, and I'm a fanboy, but this was definitely around the time the series dipped. Some of the least inspired designs, the story started to get really ridiculous (even by Pokemon/Anime standards), and it was towards the end of the "old" era of design where little new/different was added.

Tacoma - PC - 2017 - 3/5

I had high expectations given how much I'd adored Gone Home, but the story here felt a lot less compelling (even though the characters were well written). Not bad, not good!

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - PC. With a Bethesda sized budget this could have been God tier, because strip away the bugs and clunky combat and there is a ridiculously immersive RPG here. Beautiful world to explore and fart around in, loads of quests, great voice acting. In fact, the main quest in this is great; really meaty. I mean, you could blast through the main quest in Skyrim or Fallout in 10 hours, but this is an easy 25-30. Well worth a play.

Zombi - PS4

Shadow of the Colossus - PS4

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Assassin's Creed Origins - PS4

Blue Reflection - POC - 100% Completion

Really enjoyed this, a decent almost 40 hour turn based JRPG with more dialogue than a JRR Martyn novel. Marred by the upskirt and nude patch controversy but doesn't take away from being a decent game. It's no Final Fantasy VII, just cute girls doing cute things and occasionally twatting demons over the head with a teddy bear. End game was laughably easy but this was down to me 100%'ing it and not knocking up the difficulty. Absolutely gorgeous to look at, great acting, decent combat, thoroughly enjoyed it... and yes I played half the game with mods...

Star Wars Battlefront 2-PS4- Very pretty, and better than expected in places.

The Walking Dead:Michonne-PS4- Usual Telltale stuff. I enjoyed this while it lasted.

Wolfenstein 2:The New Colossus-PS4- This is awesome fun. Batshit mental, some outstanding set pieces and it looks lovely. Slightly too long is the only criticism I could level at it.

The Walking Dead S3 E1-PS4- Starts strong, ends stronger.

The Walking Dead S3 E2-PS4-Can't wait to see where this is going!

Nier:Automata-PS4- Fuck me what a game. It keeps you on your toes throughout the whole game. Changing things up, and turning them on their head. One of the best games I've had the pleasure of playing.
Spoiler
Got the Platinum too
Spoiler
Everybody needs to give this game a go.

Killzone:ShadowFall-PS4-Bland, uninspiring and dull. Not Haze bad, but nearly. I got halfway through and dropped it 4 years ago and wanted a game to finish that was short after devoting 50 hours to Nier. At least it's another from the backlog...

Journey-PS4- Had a couple of hours to spare this morning as I was on call. Still excellent and I'd forgotten most of it since I haven't played it since it was first released on the PS3.

The Walking Dead S3 E3-PS4- Story still gripping, love the flashbacks.

South Park:Stick of Truth-PS4- Funny as fuck, went places I never expected and so many great touches. Such a good game.

L.A. Noire + All DLC cases-PSTRIPLE- Good, but not great. Too many niggles to elevate it to a must play. Glad I went back to it though(6.5 years later...)

WatchDogs 2-PS4- That was really good fun. I intially had some issues with it, but I think that came off the back of finishing WD1 a couple of days before. They'd made enough changes to the button config and the way the game played that I had a hard time adjusting. Fast forward to this year and I've ploughed through this game in a couple of weeks, had awesome fun online with it and got myself the platinum. Highly recommended. I'm looking forward to the announcement of number 3 at E3.

The Walking Dead:Michonne-PS4- Usual Telltale stuff. I enjoyed this while it lasted.

Wolfenstein 2:The New Colossus-PS4- This is awesome fun. Batshit mental, some outstanding set pieces and it looks lovely. Slightly too long is the only criticism I could level at it.

Nier:Automata-PS4- Fuck me what a game. It keeps you on your toes throughout the whole game. Changing things up, and turning them on their head. One of the best games I've had the pleasure of playing.
Spoiler
Got the Platinum too
Spoiler

Killzone:ShadowFall-PS4-Bland, uninspiring and dull. Not Haze bad, but nearly. I got halfway through and dropped it 4 years ago and wanted a game to finish that was short after devoting 50 hours to Nier. At least it's another from the backlog...

Journey-PS4- Had a couple of hours to spare this morning as I was on call. Still excellent and I'd forgotten most of it since I haven't played it since it was first released on the PS3.

South Park:Stick of Truth-PS4- Funny as fuck, went places I never expected and so many great touches. Such a good game.

L.A. Noire + All DLC cases-PSTRIPLE- Good, but not great. Too many niggles to elevate it to a must play. Glad I went back to it though(6.5 years later...)

WatchDogs 2-PS4- That was really good fun. I intially had some issues with it, but I think that came off the back of finishing WD1 a couple of days before. They'd made enough changes to the button config and the way the game played that I had a hard time adjusting. Fast forward to this year and I've ploughed through this game in a couple of weeks, had awesome fun online with it and got myself the platinum. Highly recommended. I'm looking forward to the announcement of number 3 at E3.

Life is Strange-PS4-Platinum! This was really good. It doesn't really get going until the 2nd episode but after that it's a good story and more interactive than any telltale game. Plus no jank! It's also longer than I expected, which is no bad thing. Hoping the prequel gets on PS+ sooner rather than later.

Silent Hill Downpour - Xbox One. This was way better than I was expecting. The enemy design was a tiny bit off with the bat things, but getting to explore this version of Silent Hill was honestly great. I'm genuinely surprised it reviewed so poorly.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - PC

Zombi - PS4

Resident Evil 7 - PC

A Way Out (PS4)

Pretty good fun actually, and not like any other co op game Ive played. Definitely worth trying out if you have a friend.

A Way Out (PS4)

Pretty good fun actually, and not like any other co op game Ive played. Definitely worth trying out if you have a friend.

That's me out then...

That's me out then...

What's up chick? #facebook

SuperHot - Xbox (Games with Gold)

Loved it, I wasn't sure what it was, but what a great concept. It is a VR game but works well in real world. Short story, but has endless mode.

Far Cry 5 - PC. Brilliant fun. Loved every minute.

Silent Hill: Downpour - Xbox One

Zombi - PS4

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Metal Slug 1 (PS4)

Metal Slug X (PS4)

Metal Slug 5 (PS4)

Raiden V (PS4)

Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4)

Minit (PS4) Short, but perfectly formed. Replay value is high. Worth your time and nice pricetag to boot!

Middle Earth Shadow of War (PS4)

I havent fully finished it but got to the end of the story and dont think Ill be doing the post game grind, unless they change it when removing the loot boxes next month.

I enjoyed it. Around 20-25 hours to work through. Similar to the first one but there are 5 areas instead of 2 in the original and theres a bit more variety in the environments. It follows a similar format to Ass Creed, with towers to climb to locate collectibles in each region and icons on the map, but there arent so many as to make it feel like a grind, especially once you unlock the ability to summon mounts (including mini dragon things).

The Nemesis system is still a cool thing to play around with. Surprised it hasnt been ripped off by another game.

Well worth a play, and no need to worry about the micro transactions as they are useless until the post game and are getting removed.

Legend of Zelad: BOTW

Had done all I could be arsed with a while back then decided to do Gannon when I was on a plane. Nice game, it'll go far.

Middle Earth Shadow of War (PS4)

I havent fully finished it but got to the end of the story and dont think Ill be doing the post game grind, unless they change it when removing the loot boxes next month.

I enjoyed it. Around 20-25 hours to work through. Similar to the first one but there are 5 areas instead of 2 in the original and theres a bit more variety in the environments. It follows a similar format to Ass Creed, with towers to climb to locate collectibles in each region and icons on the map, but there arent so many as to make it feel like a grind, especially once you unlock the ability to summon mounts (including mini dragon things).

The Nemesis system is still a cool thing to play around with. Surprised it hasnt been ripped off by another game.

Well worth a play, and no need to worry about the micro transactions as they are useless until the post game and are getting removed.

I enjoyed it a lot too as well. Think I preferred the more focussed original though. Might play it again soon to check.

Assassins Creed: Origins (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5
Assassins Creed: Origins: The Hidden Ones DLC (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Mario Odyssey (Switch) - 2017 - 4/5

Pokemon: Ultra Sun (3DS) - 2017 - 4/5

Shadow of the Colossus - Remastered (PS4) - 2/5

The Secret of Monkey Island - Remastered (PC) - 4/5

Pokemon Black - DS - 2010 - 3/5

Tacoma - PC - 2017 - 3/5

Ni No Kuni 2 (PS4) - Platinum - 2/5 or 4/5

Mixed feelings about this game, despite driving for the platinum on it. Loved what it presented earlier on - a great mix of things with the combat, city building and "RTS" stuff - but grew to feel that it was quite a hollow experience by the end. So much build up, and so much potential, and it all just sort of puttered out with now reason to do most of it. I kept expecting there to be some grand challenge for all of the various pieces, but there was nothing. Still, it had its hooks in me.

Spoiler
Got the Platinum too
Spoiler

Life is Strange-PS4-Platinum! This was really good. It doesn't really get going until the 2nd episode but after that it's a good story and more interactive than any telltale game. Plus no jank! It's also longer than I expected, which is no bad thing. Hoping the prequel gets on PS+ sooner rather than later.

Commando Arcade SE-Commodore 64!!!- So the original C64 version only had 3 stages instead of the full 8. I was looking at the ZZap 64 annual Kickstarter and noticed a review for this. Someone has gone back and made the game with all the levels. It was always one of my fave games, but I was always jealous of my Speccy friends as that version had the lot. Well suck it Speccy fans we now have the best version and it has the awesome Rob Hubbard music.

Didnt Ron Hubbard invent Scientology? Have you been assimilated into the collective or whatever the fuck that shits about?

Didnt Ron Hubbard invent Scientology? Have you been assimilated into the collective or whatever the fuck that shits about?

Lol... :/

Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin (PSVR)

Fun little point and click style puzzle game. Lasts about three hours, which is not bad for the £4 it cost on the store.

Played sitting down with a regular pad so no motion sickness for me.

Beyond: Two Souls - PS4. Second time through this, still really enjoy Cage games despite the flaws. Played the demo of Detroit straight after it too and that looks ace also.

Far Cry 5 - PC

Silent Hill: Downpour - Xbox One

Zombi - PS4

Resident Evil 7 - PC

LA Noire (Switch)

Not as good as I remember, and felt like a real slog. Nice title to prove the Switch is capable of open worlds, so fingers crossed for GTA.

What is up with the screaming though? Whenever you take damage or die it is the most ludicrous voice acting Ive ever heard.