Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Super Mario Odyssey

Man this game.

I've collected about 50 moons so far over 3 levels. So much fun. I played longer than I should have last night. Just. One. More. Moon!

Just made it to the Wooded Kingdom and looking forward to seeing what that brings.(More moons no doubt)

Pure joy in the form of a cartridge.

And still playing.

Just got to the Bowser.

Such a great game. Will complete it this week. I thought it would be tonight, but work calls. Fuck Work etc.

Also Fuck Bowser.

You wont complete it this week. Bowser is not the end. Closer to the halfway point.

I did! It was the 2nd encounter. What an ending :)

I'm done with it for now as I really want to give some of the other games I own a try but I'll definitely dip in and out to pick up more moons. I ended on 194. I believe there are 900?

Got myself proper hooked on this, this week. It’s really mega and completely loving it.  I think it’s my fav Mario game since Sunshine, never really got on with Galaxy. Are there really 900 moons?  That’s enough to almost put me off trying!

Well it didn’t put me off. Managed to get all 880 unique moons. What a game, haven’t been that hooked on something since, well, RDR2 I guess!  Feeling a bit lost now without anything to play on Switch. 3-starred everything on MarioKart so now I’m just waiting on Luigis mansion 3, bloody loved 2 on 3DS. 

Ps there’s some really shitty moons that let the side down a bit I think eg. 100 skip ropes and 100 volleyball returns but most are great fun.  Also I found the endgame to lack much coherency and it felt at times like a collection on Mario Maker fan levels. 

The one improvement I'd make to this game would be to make the triple moons a different currency entirely like super moons or something so that the actual difficult moons feel like they have some more value than some "butt stomp the ground" moon. You'd need like x super moons and y regular moons for each world instead of just however many moons it is.

Yeah I’d agree with that, most of the moons felt like the ‘8 red coins’ of M64.  Other criticism I have is that only about half the worlds had any charm to them I think.