Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Super Mario Odyssey

Right off the bat it's full of charm and looks fantastic. Smooth as hell to play as well. Controls like a half way point between Mario 64 and Galaxy.

It's very 64 inspired - big open levels with lots of Moons hidden about the place for you to collect, just like the stars (but there's a shitload more moons).

Even with only an hour played I can tell it's pretty special. Just in this time there's been loads of great ideas and funny moments. Looking forward to playing more.

So big open worlds you revisit and explore rather than lots of little levels? If it is then Switch me up baby.

Yeah, you basically use your ship to travel between "kingdoms", of which I believe there's supposed to be around 14-15. Each has a varying number of moons in it, but even the tiniest ones have 25 in from what I can tell and the bigger ones have a hell of a lot more. You just run and jump around and explore, and of course there's more traditional platforming levels hidden away through pipes etc. Nintendo actually said they consider it a successor to the 64/Sunshine formula rather than the Galaxy/3D Land ones.

I cant wait for my copy to arrive. It's rare these days that I really look forward to a new game, but I am genuinely excited to play it.

I just watched the quick look on Giant Bomb. This just looks like pure fun.

I'll definitely pick this and a Switch up at some point. For now I may just go play some 3D World.

In the scheme of things, 2017 has been a pretty stellar year for gaming. And then for Nintendo, it might be one of their best years ever. They seem like a company revitalised these days, even if they still don't understand how online gaming is supposed to work.

The switch is my most often played Nintendo console since the GameCube. I am really loving it as a TV console, and the fact that I can take it on the go is just an awesome bonus.

In the scheme of things, 2017 has been a pretty stellar year for gaming. And then for Nintendo, it might be one of their best years ever. They seem like a company revitalised these days, even if they still don't understand how online gaming is supposed to work.

Yeah online is still their weakest area. Not a huge issue for me as I don't play online much at all but still ridiculous that their offering is still so stunted.

The impression I get is that with Switch, Nintendo leave it up to game devs to implement online how they want, which is why Splatoon 2 and MK8 have parties etc but FIFA doesnt. Should still be cross game chat system wide in this day and age, but even PS3 didnt have that iirc. Maybe it will all come together properly when they start the full paid for service.

I have played maybe 3 hours and I am loving it. It is very imaginative and I love how there is always another moon to find. The moons do feel less valuable than the stars did in previous game, but the fact that there are so many means there is a very good reason to explore. I looks very nice, and I am liking the 60 fps lock. I

This game is excellent. Only just onto the second proper world after getting stuck into exploring as much as possible of the first.

This is hands down the best Mario game Ive played. Its a tough pick between this and BotW for my goty, with Horizon and Destiny 2 lagging behind. In fact it could be the closest game in ages to toppling Ocarina of Time off my list of best games ever.

So I wasn't particularly interested in this from the little I'd seen, but sounds like my impressions were wrong (realistic Mario setting did not jibe with me) and that's not the whole game.

Might be asking for a switch for Xmas..

I told you NO! You've not been a good boy this year.

So I wasn't particularly interested in this from the little I'd seen, but sounds like my impressions were wrong (realistic Mario setting did not jibe with me) and that's not the whole game.

New Donk City isn't realistic either. Just compared to other Mario games

Edited by Shufty