Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

Playing on the couch || Playing at a desk

Up until this year, I was a PC gamer, playing mostly in my study sat my desk, and rarely venturing into the living room to game. However since getting a nice big 4k tv and a ps4 pro, and am a bit of convert. I still like the games that you can't play from a sofa, like strategy and some RPG's, but given the choice, I will slump into my living room and play something consoley. This may all change when I finally pick a new PC monitor, and I am lured back by the shiny, but right now, I choose comfort. So where do you prefer to game?

Couch or in my car. 4k tv at home for PS4 Pro, Switch in the car during breaks at work where I hide from all the nagging arseholes who talk about work in the staff room.

Seriously, Im stuck in a building where I only see students for nearly 10 hours a day and no member of staff drops by if they want to discuss work things. They wait until Im on my break. Fuck all of those guys.

I don't have a big enough screen for sofa gaming really. I have a desk with my computer on it, my sofa is a couple meters behind it for watching films from. Some stuff works great, other stuff I need to be at my desk. Stardew Valley has been good.

Whichever really. Currently doing sofa gaming with Switch and using a Steamlink to run my emulation down to my TV (got Dolphin running with it now for GC and Wii).

Everything is connected to my 4k TV in my geek room. I have a 2 seater reclining sofa in front of that. I kb/m on my lap and arm of sofa.

It is my haven.

I have commandeered the living room, much to my wife's chagrin. I jest, actually she doesn't mind too much and gets on with her own thing. I am thinking that I need to develop some sort of games room/man cave though..

Ive had a shift recently in that with the babies the Mrs finds it hard to sit on the sofa for ages so I've moved my desk chair into the lounge. I much prefer it to game on! It reclines nicely and is more comfortable than the sofa. I'm tempted to get a second one to leave in the lounge permanently!

My PC doesn't really ru. Games so I'm on the sofa on my ps4.

I built a desk!

After years of playing on a beanbag, I decided to use a bit of a tax rebate to do a set up thing that allowed for switching easily between kicking back with a pad and hunching over a monitor with K+M.

20171113_210949.jpg

Sofa, moot point as I don't have a PC capable of playing games on now anyway.