Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

I want a new gaming monitor

I want a new gaming monitor, but all of the ones I have looked at have QC issues. Any recommendations?

I tried and returned the Acer Predator X34A due to backlight bleed and a weird scan line issue. I am looking at the Asus PG279Q, but again am slightly concerned by reports of BLB.

Asus PG279Q

BLB is a bit of a lottery. The same panel can have hugely varying results, especially on bigger monitors with high brightness settings.

What's your budget? Preferred resolution? Do you want Gsync?

BLB is a bit of a lottery. The same panel can have hugely varying results, especially on bigger monitors with high brightness settings.

What's your budget? Preferred resolution? Do you want Gsync?

I am running a 1070, so would prefer G-SYNC, but it is not a must. Budget is up to a grand, but I would love some change.

I'd hold off for another few months, OLED's should come down to that price soon, just grab a 40" OLED TV and use that.

Wish I could afford that. I don't think my GPU could handle even 1440p that well yet so a jump to ultrawide 1080 seems logical for me. Advantage of freesync at least is it keeps prices down compared to Gsync.

I'm still quite happy with my monitor, but if I was in the market, I'd be waiting for the new Samsung HDR ultrawides.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/samsung-49-chg-90-ultrawide-hdr-qled-freesync-2-144hz.18782798/

I've been looking at the 32' version of that monitor, but am waiting for the reviews to come in before I make a decision.

I have the ASUS MG279Q (the Freesync version, though I don't use that feature).

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236466

It's a beautiful monitor, and has some great colour and contrast. The BLB is only really noticable at certain angles in a dark room, I find, but that's something most IPS monitors have to deal with. The benefits of the IPS outweigh something that situational I find.

I've never witnessed 4K myself, but the combo of high frame rates and 1440p is *italian chef kiss*.

Nice. I bought a new monitor a couple of months back and deciding is an absolute nightmare. I ended up just getting a Dell U2414H as it's a really nice IPS panel. It has an 8ms response time but that doesn't really matter when you're playing at 60fps anyway.