Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

El_Patriot

E3 2017

Any thoughts?

I saw EA and Microsoft conferences so far. Both meh. Scorpio will be the Xbox One X and $499. Unfortunately they have no interesting games, possibly apart from Crackdown 3.

Original XB back compatibility is coming too and could be cool, but won't because games from that gen look shite (I fired up the OG XB and was staggered at how dated the games look on a modern tv).

Bethesda are on early tomorrow morning , PS4 early the next day and Nintendo on Tuesday afternoon (I think).

No Halo at all. Not even Gears. MS show was very light on the big games, but pretty good if you like indie games.

Good to see this Xbox finally announced. Games room is nearly set up now so I can move to this generation!

Am starting to watch the press conferences in breaks on iPad.

I thought MS's conference was pretty awful. I'm not sure I get the point in spending so long on games that aren't platform exclusives. MS seem happy to spend buttloads of money on everything but getting developers to make games exclusively for them. Someone should tell Phil Spencer that when people say they want to see games at E3 conferences, they want to see games that are only coming out on your console.

"And now 10 minutes of Shadow of Mordor 2, which you could play on our console, or a PC, or the other big console!"

Crackdown 3 looks exactly like what you'd expect a game that's been stuck in development hell for years to look like. Sea of Thieves just looks boring.

Ori looks good because it's Ori. So does Metro, but that's not exclusive. Anthem looks cool, but that's not exclusive. State of Decay looks rubbish. There was the world's most tryhard esports game. Some Steam Early Access games. A platform game that looks even more bland than Yooka Laylee. Cuphead, for the 4th and hopefully last bloody E3. And a bunch of other stuff that's not exclusive.

Just a grand total of fuck all that makes me go "wow, I want one of those" but plenty that made me think "hmm maybe I'll buy a PS4 Pro at some point so I can play those PS4 exclusives". I thought it was bad back when they used to open with Call of Duty Eleventy Five and be all like "RIP OFF DLC HITS OUR PLATFORM FIRST WOOOOO".

Spencer's been Xbox boss for 3 years now, the fact that we still don't see anything new in terms of first and second party means that we can pretty much guarantee that Xbox's big exclusives are going to be Gears, Forza and Halo from now until the end of time.

Highlights so far ignoring shambolic state of exclusives on consoles:

Metro Exodus

Ori 2

A Way Out

Wolfenstein 2

Dishonored 2 DLC

Anthem

The Last Night

A few interesting things from Bethesda this morning. Skyrim on Switch looks cool (play it on the bus! With the Master Sword from Zelda!) New Wolfenstein is interesting, although I still haven't finished the excellent New Order yet, and some VR stuff and Evil Within 2.

EA

STAR WARS!!

MS

Console looks good but too expensive. Sea of Thieves looked fun imo. I enjoyed what I played of the original Ori but never finished it, I may go back to it as the new one looks amazing. Hardly a system seller though.Crackdown could be fun, will wait and see.

Duffers is spot on though, timed exclusives galore that I can play elsewhere and a couple of good indie games that even if they are exclusive won't really benefit from the extra power. I was thinking of upgrading but now I shall save the cash.

Bethesda

Wolfenstein yay. Everything else...

I'll be getting it as a 4K Bluray player tbh. Please tell me that that is still in there?

Yes.

Well I've already got a Bone so if I upgrade I might as well do it properly.

So you're getting a PS4 Pro then? :)

Thinking to self:

"Y'know, after The Last Guardian it's probably a good thing that team Ico isn't around now. Not sure if I'd buy anyth-"

*sees SotC remake trailer*

"..."

*Readies wallet*

Fairly decent showing from Sony. SotC, GoW and Spiderman all on my radar for 2018. Looks like I'll only be playing multiplats this Autumn/Winter though.

I thought they were pretty rubbish as well to be honest. Marginally better than MS I guess as they at least had some exclusives to show, but still mostly remakes or things we already knew about. GoW looks hmm.

I'm a fan of Stargate SG1, and GoW is probably the closest I'll get to a new series.

I haven't actually watched the Sony show, just basing my thoughts off of news articles. Nintendo at 5pm I will be watching from my desk and hoping for Metroid/F Zero/VC to be announced.

I wouldn't expect much from Nintendo. With the exception of the Direct Earlier this year where they announced the Switch, they generally don't seem to announce games more than 6 months ahead of release any more, and they've been heavily emphasising that this will be focused on Mario Odyssey and 2017 releases.

Then again last week Ubi flat out said "there will be no BG&E2 at our conference", so who knows. It's only 30 minutes this thing so it'll have to be pretty rapid fire.