Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

Physical Vs Digital

How do you prefer to buy your games these days?

For me, if the price is the same, I will always go digital, mainly because I am lazy and don't like having to swap disks / cartridges down. I will not however pay more for a digital game vs a physical game.

Physical on console. I basically played Horizon and Persona 5 for free cos I bought them at launch, then sold on for a little under what I paid once completed (and in Persona's case sold on for a profit!).

Digital on PC, cos usually CD Keys are massively discounted anyway, with new releases often around the £20 mark.

Physical for most things as I'm quite a hoarder, but I willbe getting Destiny 2 digital as I will end up playing it loads and am lazy.

Price. That's all it comes down to for me. Which usually means I'll get a physical copy every time.

Having said that I don't own a single physical game on the Vita. Not even sure the cartridge slot works.

Digital if the price is ok. Especially on a handheld. Lost my 3DS last year in a case with all the games. Bit of a faff but I got all the digital purchases back but obviously not the cartridges.

Pretty much exclusively digital on PC. Consoles depends on the price, got a good mix of physical and digital on my Switch.

Because of geographical limitations, largely digital for me. That said though, when there is a game known to be fully playable in english, I'd scout it out here first just because of the yen/pound difference. I could have gotten Horizon:ZD for about 30 quid when it first came out, but then it seems the stores had gotten wise of the value before I could stump up the cash. It would have just been put on the POS for a while anyway.

My largest purchases (Witcher 3, Destiny) have been digital, but I won't go digital for new releases- they're priced way too high.

Digital on PC because of Steam and much cheapness. Never on consoles because I forget I own them, the price is shit and I can't sell them (not that I really do anymore).

I mix and match depending on the price or if I see myself re-selling it down the line (hello Mass Effect Andromeda physical!).

Generally, I go more digital these days (especially on PC), with only a few physical games a year.

Depends a lot on price for me. I like physical cos I can trade and pick things up super cheap. I paid 7 quid for battlefield 1 cos I traded ratchet and clank and doom.

Price, unless it's a game I'll play loads. Then digital as old age laziness kicks in. Most of my digi purchases have been in sales.

Most of my digi purchases have been in sales.

This. I don't think I've paid full RRP for a game since HL2 collector's edition.

EDIT:

Yes, just remembered that I have: The Last Guardian. Paid quite a lot for it too, seeing as I had to buy the PS4 pro as well...

Edited by Pedro

Probably should expand on that. Physical if I'm going to lend it to my mate, or if it's a good price. Digital sales are a godsend though so mostly that. Wanted Wipeout in physical form but had no cash for a preorder so got it on release digitally as that was me payday.

Probably should expand on that. Physical if I'm going to lend it to my mate, or if it's a good price. Digital sales are a godsend though so mostly that. Wanted Wipeout in physical form but had no cash for a preorder so got it on release digitally as that was me payday.

If you account share then if you get it digitally, you can both play it.

It's saved me a fortune for online games that Jaden wants to play too.

Switch physical prices at the moment make digital an interesting prospect. I don't tend to trade stuff in so with Disgaea 5 £50 whether physical or digital I'm leaning more to digital so I don't have to remember the cart.

Switch physical prices at the moment make digital an interesting prospect. I don't tend to trade stuff in so with Disgaea 5 £50 whether physical or digital I'm leaning more to digital so I don't have to remember the cart.

Digital does make a lot of sense for portable gaming, which is why Sony's Vita memory card prices were such a stupid mistake.