Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Papa

Retropie

Has anyone else done this? You take a raspberry pie, load on the retropie image and then throw some roms onto it (That are backups of games you already own because piracy is wrong).

It is that easy. I have got two 8bitdo wireless snes controller hooked up, and anything up to n64 runs awesomely. N64 games are a bit of a struggle for the little machine, so I am going to get some heatsinks and have a go at overclocking it. Fingers crossed I dont break it.

The Raspberry Pi 3 is about £35. That is all you really need, as you can easily sync up a PS4 controller to it.

Can't remember if it's Retropie I used by I have a Pi2 doing this kind of thing for SNES, and MD.

I have the original Pi and that runs Mame and everything up to 16bit without issues.

However I use the original hardware NES/SNES/MD with my Everdrive cartridges for any multiplayer get togethers. /Original Hardware is best elitist. ;)

I have a Pi Zero W on the way. Friend works for a Pi magazine that is giving them away with the latest issue. Going to try doing this, but need a straightforward source of ROMs.

Planetemu.net is an easy site to use, it's in French but easy to navigate and isn't flooded with ads. Telechanger means download which about all you need to remember.

But has a load of annoying adverts and scrolling to get to the actual download link. Still a decent site though.

adblock ftw!

Also scrolling?

Click rom scroll down a bit for link.

You kids today, too impatient. In my day I had to wait 20 minutes for a game to load.

I have a Pi Zero mounted in a NES controller, works great but going to move it into a SNES or Saturn controller for the added buttons.

adblock ftw!

Also scrolling?

Click rom scroll down a bit for link.

You kids today, too impatient. In my day I had to wait 20 minutes for a game to load.

Is this just for the benefit of Duffers? You know he's not 15 anymore. He'll have learnt stuff like that. He's 17 now. Where have the years gone?

Is this just for the benefit of Duffers? You know he's not 15 anymore. He'll have learnt stuff like that. He's 17 now. Where have the years gone?

Mate... Chatting to Pete last night and he came out with some bullshit that he's been in Japan for 7 years now! Why would he lie like that!

Hold on to your hair mate, I'll be 27 in a few months ;)

Aimed at me I think. I'm 31.

Edited by Shufty

Got it running NES emulator. A bit flaky and it will die for seemingly no reason (perhaps the Zero is a touch underpowered).

Planetemu was the better site, the other one had none of the Nintendo games on it.

Zero is a low powered version of the Pi, 2b or 3 are the best versions from what I gather.

Yep, check Kega Fusion for Windows emulates MD, MS, GG and 32x in one or just use Retroarch.