Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
El_Patriot

2017 Game Completion Thread.

Dying Light-poc-I had a great deal of fun with this, played 99.9% in co-op but the ending is an enforced single player section that is all trial and error and not in keeping with the rest of the game. The parkour is excellent and the combat satisfying. Well worth a play, but I'm safe in saying I will not play this game ever again. A bitter/sweet ending.(reposted because it's 2017...)

WatchDogs-PS4- Yep, really enjoyed that. Not without its flaws but well worth the amount of time I put into it. Got all the single player trophies except the drinking one and starting to work my way towards the online ones. A lot of fun.And Platinum now!

Batman:Telltale Episode 1-This has the usual Telltale Jank, but a little bit less than usual. Good story so far, mixing up the Batman legend. Can't wait to see what happens :)

Batman-Telltale-Episode 2-5- Really enjoyed this. It did fell like more story than gameplay than other Telltale games but it's a good story and it sets it up for a sequel which I'll get when it's on sale. Also another Platinum, although this was a hell of a lot easier than the Watchdogs one.

Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance-PS3-Bat Shit, short and a lot of fun. If you like action games then there's absolutely no reason you won't like this. Even the story had me grinning like a loon, and the final boss is brilliantly OTT. So glad I played it. Maybe I'll play another Metal Gear game at some point.

Star Wars Battlefront:Platinum:Fuck you. I did it. Never entering the single play menu again.EVER! Love the MP though :)

To The Moon-Poc- I needed a break from all the combat heavy games I've been playing the last month(Yakuza 3 and Dead Rising 3) so I played this. Literally the complete polar opposite game. It's a sweet story but not much of a game. I enjoyed it though.

Zelda:Breath of the Wild-Wii U- Fuck me what a game. Best Open world game ever. Horizon isn't even fit to be in the same room, let alone suck its dick. I'm literally at a loss deciding what to play next.

The Last Guardian-PS4-I really enjoyed this. Not without its problems but I expected them going in. Made my eyes rain too. Well worth a play especially as it can be had for peanuts now.

Destiny:Rise of Iron-PS4-Short, sweet and fun. I shouldn't have bought it though as it now has its hooks in my balls again. With this, Overwatch and Battlefront I don't think I'm going to complete many games this year.

EDIT: The Beatles are excellent (in spite of them being Scousers), as is Half Life 2. Episode 1 not so much but 2 is brilliant.

Assassins Creed:Cockney version- PS4-Yeah this is really good fun. I doubt I'm going to platinum it as I tried multiple times to extract the corrupt Copper from Scotland Yard and no matter what I did I couldn't do it without killing people. There are some control issues still that I hope are gone from Oranges. Still got Jack the Ripper dlc but that may have to go on the backburner.

Uncharted:Tornado Low Level-PS4-Looks gorgeous, and doesn't outstay it's welcome like 4. Brilliant.

Battlefield 1-Bone-Mostly shit, with a few moments that shine.

Destiny 2-PS4-Excellent fun was had. Looking forward to the many hundreds of hours ahead. :)

Halo 3:ODST-Bone- I enjoyed this. I finished it on the 360 back in the day and liked it, but this time I REALLY liked it.

Wolfenstein:The Old Blood-PS4- I started this not long after finishing The New Order. I think I was Wolfensteined out as I didn't really get into it. Fast Forward to last week when my hype levels for the new one were high I stuck this back in. Fuck me was this fun. Even a couple of sections where I died loads didn't frustrate me(End of part 1 boss and a town square in part 2) I was having such a good time.

I highly recommend anyone who likes shooters to give this and New Order(no no the band) a go. It's old school mechanics can get a bit annoying at times but once you get past the fact that you have to press square to pick stuff up all the time, and you're health doesn't regenerate you'll find great games. I'm even more hyped for the next one now, but I'll wait a bit.

COD:WWII-PS4- It's that time of the year again. Picked this up dirt cheap thanks to Nectar double up. Blitzed through the campaign quickly due to being very quiet at work and that it's pretty short. Good fun, does nothing new, story is alright. It's nice to go back to basic without jet packs, wall running and lasers. Really enjoying the MP too.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Cemu. Great game. Not goty though!!

The Evil Within 2 - PC

ELEX - PC

Battlechasers: Nightwar - PC.

Destiny 2 - PS4.

Yakuza 0 - PS4.

Metro: Last Light - PC.

Assassin's Creed - Freedom Cry - PS4

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - PC.

Final Fantasy XII - PS4.

Resident Evil 0 - PC.

Mafia 3 - Stones Unturned - PC

The Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine - PC

Ghost Recon Wildlands - PS4

Secret of Mana - Snes9x

The Last of Us & Left Behind - PS4.

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone - PC

RiME - PC

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC

Mass Effect Andromeda - PC

Persona 5 - PS4

Little Nightmares - PC

What Remains of Edith Finch - PC

Mafia III - Faster Baby - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

Alien: Isolation - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

Forza Horizon 3 - Blizzard Mountain - PC.

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Streets of Rage (Mega Drive)
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (3DS)

Alien Isolation + 2 DLC (Xbox One)

Sometimes it was a bit of a switch hunt but otherwise great atmosphere, genuinely scary (and not jump scares).

Ghost Recon Wildlands - Xbox

100%, collected everything. Massive game, you don't have to do it all to finish it, but one set of missions gives you a different ending.

Dying Light-poc-I had a great deal of fun with this, played 99.9% in co-op but the ending is an enforced single player section that is all trial and error and not in keeping with the rest of the game. The parkour is excellent and the combat satisfying. Well worth a play, but I'm safe in saying I will not play this game ever again. A bitter/sweet ending.(reposted because it's 2017...)

WatchDogs-PS4- Yep, really enjoyed that. Not without its flaws but well worth the amount of time I put into it. Got all the single player trophies except the drinking one and starting to work my way towards the online ones. A lot of fun.And Platinum now!

Batman:Telltale Episode 1-This has the usual Telltale Jank, but a little bit less than usual. Good story so far, mixing up the Batman legend. Can't wait to see what happens :)

Batman-Telltale-Episode 2-5- Really enjoyed this. It did fell like more story than gameplay than other Telltale games but it's a good story and it sets it up for a sequel which I'll get when it's on sale. Also another Platinum, although this was a hell of a lot easier than the Watchdogs one.

Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance-PS3-Bat Shit, short and a lot of fun. If you like action games then there's absolutely no reason you won't like this. Even the story had me grinning like a loon, and the final boss is brilliantly OTT. So glad I played it. Maybe I'll play another Metal Gear game at some point.

Star Wars Battlefront:Platinum:Fuck you. I did it. Never entering the single play menu again.EVER! Love the MP though :)

To The Moon-Poc- I needed a break from all the combat heavy games I've been playing the last month(Yakuza 3 and Dead Rising 3) so I played this. Literally the complete polar opposite game. It's a sweet story but not much of a game. I enjoyed it though.

Zelda:Breath of the Wild-Wii U- Fuck me what a game. Best Open world game ever. Horizon isn't even fit to be in the same room, let alone suck its dick. I'm literally at a loss deciding what to play next.

The Last Guardian-PS4-I really enjoyed this. Not without its problems but I expected them going in. Made my eyes rain too. Well worth a play especially as it can be had for peanuts now.

Destiny:Rise of Iron-PS4-Short, sweet and fun. I shouldn't have bought it though as it now has its hooks in my balls again. With this, Overwatch and Battlefront I don't think I'm going to complete many games this year.

EDIT: The Beatles are excellent (in spite of them being Scousers), as is Half Life 2. Episode 1 not so much but 2 is brilliant.

Assassins Creed:Cockney version- PS4-Yeah this is really good fun. I doubt I'm going to platinum it as I tried multiple times to extract the corrupt Copper from Scotland Yard and no matter what I did I couldn't do it without killing people. There are some control issues still that I hope are gone from Oranges. Still got Jack the Ripper dlc but that may have to go on the backburner.

Uncharted:Tornado Low Level-PS4-Looks gorgeous, and doesn't outstay it's welcome like 4. Brilliant.

Destiny 2-PS4-Excellent fun was had. Looking forward to the many hundreds of hours ahead. :)

Halo 3:ODST-Bone- I enjoyed this. I finished it on the 360 back in the day and liked it, but this time I REALLY liked it.

Wolfenstein:The Old Blood-PS4- I started this not long after finishing The New Order. I think I was Wolfensteined out as I didn't really get into it. Fast Forward to last week when my hype levels for the new one were high I stuck this back in. Fuck me was this fun. Even a couple of sections where I died loads didn't frustrate me(End of part 1 boss and a town square in part 2) I was having such a good time.

I highly recommend anyone who likes shooters to give this and New Order(no no the band) a go. It's old school mechanics can get a bit annoying at times but once you get past the fact that you have to press square to pick stuff up all the time, and you're health doesn't regenerate you'll find great games. I'm even more hyped for the next one now, but I'll wait a bit.

COD:WWII-PS4- It's that time of the year again. Picked this up dirt cheap thanks to Nectar double up. Blitzed through the campaign quickly due to being very quiet at work and that it's pretty short. Good fun, does nothing new, story is alright. It's nice to go back to basic without jet packs, wall running and lasers. Really enjoying the MP too.

Gears of War-Poc Hardcore- Back of the Carriage Chaingun :)

Streets of Rage (Mega Drive)
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (3DS)

Alien Isolation + 2 DLC (Xbox One)

Wolfenstein The New Order (Xbox One)

Wow they made you give a shit about characters in a Wolfenstein game. Man this game has some messed up moments, story was pretty decent and kept me playing. I found the controls when changing weapons annoying as well as some of the encounters were frustrating. From what I hear they didn't fix that in the second game but the story is worth persevering for.

Make sure you play The Old Blood, I finished that recently and it's a really good prequel to The New Order.

Make sure you play The Old Blood, I finished that recently and it's a really good prequel to The New Order.

Cheers mate - I just ordered a new one from Game for £4.99 (or £12.99 used?).

Cheers mate - I just ordered a new one from Game for £4.99 (or £12.99 used?).

Game are a bunch of jokers!

I've asked for the new one for Xmas, which is obviously the best day for killing Nazis.

Its £20 in sales atm. Amazon and Shopto I think.

I have just passed this info on to the Parents. Cheers dude.

Prey (PS4) - I actually really enjoyed this. Load times were fucking bollocks but it was a solid Sci fi thing. Very bioshock. Yes it fulfilled a lot of clichés and whatnot but it did them very well.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)

The order 1886 (PS4)

Destiny 2 (PS4)

Uncharted 4 (PS4)

Crash Bandicoot (PS4)

Inside (PS4)

Resident evil 7 (PS4)

Bloodborne (PS4)

Octodad Dadliest Catch (PS4)

Gone Home (PS4)

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

Doom (PS4)

Titanfall 2 (PS4)

The Last Guardian (PS4)

The Last of Us - Left Behind (PS4)

The Last of Us (PS4)

Uncharted 3 (PS4)

Uncharted 2 (PS4)

Uncharted (PS4)

Limbo (PS4)

Prey (PS4) - I actually really enjoyed this. Load times were fucking bollocks but it was a solid Sci fi thing. Very bioshock. Yes it fulfilled a lot of clichés and whatnot but it did them very well.

This is up there for my game of the year. I really enjoyed it. How did you spec your character? I went pretty much full human, and didnt really mess about too much with the alien abilities.

This is up there for my game of the year. I really enjoyed it. How did you spec your character? I went pretty much full human, and didnt really mess about too much with the alien abilities.

Basically the same. I did the morph thing at level 1 just to access certain areas bit other than that I was completely human. I got to 50 hours or just short. I thoroughly enjoyed it. The atmosphere and everything. I didn't find it too scary anything but definitely got into the whole thing. Twists were pretty predictable but felt no less satisfying.

£10 is Smyths as I was in there looking around, so picked it up. No doubt off to the pile of shame to never be seen again.

Prey takes maybe an hour or so and then it really opens up and feels great. It really is a System Shock successor, it shows up Bioshock as really just being a straight FPS with a couple of nicked SS elements thrown in.

Prey is part of the 2 for £25 deal on PSN atm. It's a steal at that price.

£10 is Smyths as I was in there looking around, so picked it up. No doubt off to the pile of shame to never be seen again.

I got it the other week for the then bargain price of £13 from Amazon. I've played about an hour and a half. It now resides on said pile. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't the sort of game I was looking for at the time. I did the same with Bioshock! I think I finished that 2 years after I started it.

Horizon: Zero Dawn & The Frozen Wilds - PS4. Why the fuck was my old retail game save not compatible with the digital version? I had to blast through the main game again (which I really enjoyed, but still) to get to a level high enough to do the DLC, but it was worth it, cos The Frozen Wilds is pretty amazing. Great game to play in December too, what with the best snow ever in a videogame. Great addition to an amazing game.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Cemu.

The Evil Within 2 - PC

ELEX - PC

Battlechasers: Nightwar - PC.

Destiny 2 - PS4.

Yakuza 0 - PS4.

Metro: Last Light - PC.

Assassin's Creed - Freedom Cry - PS4

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - PC.

Final Fantasy XII - PS4.

Resident Evil 0 - PC.

Mafia 3 - Stones Unturned - PC

The Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine - PC

Ghost Recon Wildlands - PS4

Secret of Mana - Snes9x

The Last of Us & Left Behind - PS4.

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone - PC

RiME - PC

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC

Mass Effect Andromeda - PC

Persona 5 - PS4

Little Nightmares - PC

What Remains of Edith Finch - PC

Mafia III - Faster Baby - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

Alien: Isolation - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

Forza Horizon 3 - Blizzard Mountain - PC.

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Oxenfree (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

Final Fantasy XV (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

The Sexy Brutale (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Mass Effect: Andromeblah (PS4) - 2017 - 2/5

Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - 2017 - 5/5

Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4) - 2016 - 3/5

Watch Dogs 2 (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (Redux) (PC) - 2014 - 3/5

Dropsy (PC) - 2015 - 3/5

Inside (PC) - 2016 - 5/5

Black The Fall (PC) - 2017 - 3/5

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Life is Strange: Before The Storm Ep.1 (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Destiny 2 (Campaign) (PS4) - 2017 - 3/5

Life is Strange: Before The Storm Ep.2 (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5
It didn't hit me quite as hard as episode 1 did, but there are some great moments in there and I'm really liking where this is going.

Star Wars Battlefront II (PS4) - 2017 - 3/5
Finished the campaign in about two sittings - had some high points, and some tense fights, but largely felt a bit clinical. Was definitely too short for the story it was trying to tell, and could have done with at least a few more missions around its middle section.

I'll be lucky if I finish anything now though, I picked up a Switch with Mario Odyssey, the new Pokemon game, AC: Origins, Stardew Valley and I've got Battlefront 2's multiplayer still to dive into. I need a game-cation.

Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris

3 hours for the story. Bit short but I liked it, particularly Morena Baccarin. Hopefully the new raid area and improved end game stuff is worthwhile when most of it kicks in next week. Disappointingly, the HDR upgrade hasnt worked on PS4.

Gears of War-Poc Hardcore- Back of the Carriage Chaingun :)

Destiny 2:Egyptian DLC- I thought this was very average. Had its moments, but too many shoot all these, now you can open door moments. A recycled Strike area as a mission. Not enough Mecury. Also too easy, I died once and that was just because I fell off while I was walking backwards. The new Public Event I tried was fun though. Also pissed off about the HDR.