Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
El_Patriot

2017 Game Completion Thread.

Destiny 2 (PS4) Campaign - Well that's finished, now I can never touch it again.

Uncharted 4 (PS4)
Crash Bandicoot (PS4)
Inside (PS4)
Resident evil 7 (PS4)
Bloodborne (PS4)
Octodad Dadliest Catch (PS4)
Gone Home (PS4)
Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
Doom (PS4)
Titanfall 2 (PS4)
The Last Guardian (PS4)
The Last of Us - Left Behind (PS4)
The Last of Us (PS4)
Uncharted 3 (PS4)
Uncharted 2 (PS4)
Uncharted (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)

Uncharted 4 (PS4) - well... Looked gorgeous. Still constantly takes control away so it could so q little stumble or just to look about which I have to admit just annoys the tits off me. It was genuinely a great game up until about chapter 13 or 14 when it became a slog. And the less said about the final boss the better. Good game. Good finish.

Crash Bandicoot (PS4)
Inside (PS4)
Resident evil 7 (PS4)
Bloodborne (PS4)
Gone Home (PS4)
Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
Doom (PS4)
Titanfall 2 (PS4)
The Last Guardian (PS4)
The Last of Us (PS4)
Uncharted 3 (PS4)
Uncharted 2 (PS4)
Uncharted (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)

Gears of War 3 (360) - Still looks and plays fabulous. Definitely the pinnacle of the series. Love a good action romp. Going to try judgement next, can't remember it being too popular.

Destiny 2 - All on my tod! Finished at level 20 with about 220 light as I kept doing side mission etc. Was an ok story, liked that it picked the pace up well at the end but ultimately I thought it ended on bit of a whimper with a weak boss fight. Hitting up the crucible now and holding my own. Feels like a big expansion rather than a sequel though.

Edited by Somerset_Bumkin

Destiny 2 (PS4)

Platinum earned. A lot easier than D1, although the prestige nightfall was tough and had to be carried to a trials win. Infinitely easier than flawless raider though.

Moirai (PC)
Diablo III: The Darkening of Tristram (PC)
The Wolf Among Us episode 1 : Faith (PC)
The Wolf Among Us episode 2 : Smoke and Mirrors (PC)
The Wolf Among Us episode 3 : A Crooked Mile (PC)
The Wolf Among Us episode 4 : In Sheep's Clothing (PC)
The Wolf Among Us episode 5 : Cry Wolf (PC)
Hitman (PC) Silent Assassin on all episodes
Torment : Tides of Numenera (PC)
Full Trottle Remastered (PC)
Aaero (PC)
Neon Drive (PC)
Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
Life Is Strange episode 1 : Chrysalis (PC)
Life Is Strange episode 2 : Out of Time (PC)
Life Is Strange episode 3: Chaos Theory. (PC)
Life Is Strange episode 4: Dark Room. (PC)
Life Is Strange episode 5: Polarized (PC)
Rez Infinite (PC)
Subsurface Circular (PC)
Persona 5 (PS3)
2064: Read Only Memories (PC)

VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action (PC)
It's a visual novel with a simple drink mixing mini game. You make the drinks as requested and listen to the customers stories, apparently making different drinks can affect the way they react to you and the endings you get. I'm not sure how much that matters.

The story is enjoyable, and pretty well written. I like several of the characters. It's slightly anime-styled, but doesn't go all out, so you don't feel like a creepy loser pervert for playing it. The soundtrack is excellent, before each night's work you load up the jukebox with a dozen songs. There were easily more I liked than the jukebox could hold.
https://garoad.bandcamp.com/album/va-11-hall-a-second-round

XCOM: Enemy Within (PC)
Enemy Unknown was one of my favourite games from the last 5 years. This expansion adds a lot of good stuff to it. The additional set of story missions are welcome enough, but the addition of cybernetic and genetic enhancement for your soldiers, plus a whole bunch of new enemies are what made it for me.

Edited by The Penultimate Ninja

Battle Chasers: Night war - PC. Worst name, BEST GAME!! Been in a bit of a funk lately (hell, even tried WoW again lol) but I couldn't put this down. It has the charm of a Fire Emblem with really good classic turn based combat, and style for days. Astonishingly good game.

Destiny 2 - PS4. Great campaign. Really enjoyed it.

Yakuza 0 - PS4.

Metro: Last Light - PC.

Assassin's Creed - Freedom Cry - PS4

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - PC.

Final Fantasy XII - PS4.

Resident Evil 0 - PC.

Mafia 3 - Stones Unturned - PC

The Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine - PC

Ghost Recon Wildlands - PS4

Secret of Mana - Snes9x

The Last of Us & Left Behind - PS4.

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone - PC

RiME - PC

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC

Mass Effect Andromeda - PC

Persona 5 - PS4

Little Nightmares - PC

What Remains of Edith Finch - PC

Mafia III - Faster Baby - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

Alien: Isolation - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

Forza Horizon 3 - Blizzard Mountain - PC.

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

We're all much older. Somehow even Duffers. Hell, one of the recent games I finished was his PhD project game!

Ha yes when I was lived on my own, childless and single! Last two years been busy with all he marriage, work and baby having.

Glad you see a few long lists on here though!

Dying Light-poc-I had a great deal of fun with this, played 99.9% in co-op but the ending is an enforced single player section that is all trial and error and not in keeping with the rest of the game. The parkour is excellent and the combat satisfying. Well worth a play, but I'm safe in saying I will not play this game ever again. A bitter/sweet ending.(reposted because it's 2017...)

WatchDogs-PS4- Yep, really enjoyed that. Not without its flaws but well worth the amount of time I put into it. Got all the single player trophies except the drinking one and starting to work my way towards the online ones. A lot of fun.And Platinum now!

Batman:Telltale Episode 1-This has the usual Telltale Jank, but a little bit less than usual. Good story so far, mixing up the Batman legend. Can't wait to see what happens :)

Batman-Telltale-Episode 2-5- Really enjoyed this. It did fell like more story than gameplay than other Telltale games but it's a good story and it sets it up for a sequel which I'll get when it's on sale. Also another Platinum, although this was a hell of a lot easier than the Watchdogs one.

Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance-PS3-Bat Shit, short and a lot of fun. If you like action games then there's absolutely no reason you won't like this. Even the story had me grinning like a loon, and the final boss is brilliantly OTT. So glad I played it. Maybe I'll play another Metal Gear game at some point.

Star Wars Battlefront:Platinum:Fuck you. I did it. Never entering the single play menu again.EVER! Love the MP though :)

To The Moon-Poc- I needed a break from all the combat heavy games I've been playing the last month(Yakuza 3 and Dead Rising 3) so I played this. Literally the complete polar opposite game. It's a sweet story but not much of a game. I enjoyed it though.

Zelda:Breath of the Wild-Wii U- Fuck me what a game. Best Open world game ever. Horizon isn't even fit to be in the same room, let alone suck its dick. I'm literally at a loss deciding what to play next.

The Last Guardian-PS4-I really enjoyed this. Not without its problems but I expected them going in. Made my eyes rain too. Well worth a play especially as it can be had for peanuts now.

Destiny:Rise of Iron-PS4-Short, sweet and fun. I shouldn't have bought it though as it now has its hooks in my balls again. With this, Overwatch and Battlefront I don't think I'm going to complete many games this year.

EDIT: The Beatles are excellent (in spite of them being Scousers), as is Half Life 2. Episode 1 not so much but 2 is brilliant.

Assassins Creed:Cockney version- PS4-Yeah this is really good fun. I doubt I'm going to platinum it as I tried multiple times to extract the corrupt Copper from Scotland Yard and no matter what I did I couldn't do it without killing people. There are some control issues still that I hope are gone from Oranges. Still got Jack the Ripper dlc but that may have to go on the backburner.

Uncharted:Tornado Low Level-PS4-Looks gorgeous, and doesn't outstay it's welcome like 4. Brilliant.

Battlefield 1-Bone-Mostly shit, with a few moments that shine.

Destiny 2-PS4-Excellent fun was had. Looking forward to the many hundreds of hours ahead. :)

Halo 3:ODST-Bone- I enjoyed this. I finished it on the 360 back in the day and liked it, but this time I REALLY liked it.

Moirai (PC)

Aaero (PC)

Neon Drive (PC)

Life Is Strange episode 1 : Chrysalis

(PC)

Rez Infinite (PC)

Subsurface Circular (PC)

Persona 5 (PS3)

Stories: Path Of Destinies (PC)

Diablo III (PC)

I had a lot of time on my hands and not much to do, being off work sick this week. This was a great way to pass time while listening to podcasts.

Edited by The Penultimate Ninja

The order 1886 (PS4) - beautiful to look at. Not much substance. Not bad but not great. It all just sort of happened and I feel like I wasn't all that involved in it.

Destiny 2 (PS4)

Uncharted 4 (PS4)

Crash Bandicoot (PS4)

Inside (PS4)

Resident evil 7 (PS4)

Bloodborne (PS4)

Gone Home (PS4)

Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

Doom (PS4)

Titanfall 2 (PS4)

The Last Guardian (PS4)

The Last of Us (PS4)

Uncharted 3 (PS4)

Uncharted 2 (PS4)

Uncharted (PS4)

Limbo (PS4)

Uncharted 4 - thoroughly enjoyed it and they removed my biggest criticism of series; mystical protectors of the treasure who are fucking bullet sponges.

Oxenfree (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

Final Fantasy XV (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

The Sexy Brutale (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Mass Effect: Andromeblah (PS4) - 2017 - 2/5

Zelda: Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - 2017 - 5/5

Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4) - 2016 - 3/5

Watch Dogs 2 (PS4) - 2016 - 4/5

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (Redux) (PC) - 2014 - 3/5

Dropsy (PC) - 2015 - 3/5

Inside (PC) - 2016 - 5/5

Black The Fall (PC) - 2017 - 3/5

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Life is Strange: Before The Storm Ep.1 (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Love me some Life is Strange, and despite being from a totally different developer, this is actually really good and nails the feel of the original.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4) - 2017 - 4/5

Like a best-hits of the Uncharted series, it has a bit of everything and a nice focused runtime. I think it was maybe a bit too soon after finishing UC4 for me as I struggled to get going with it initially, but once I did I loved every second.

Destiny 2 (Campaign) (PS4) - 2017 - 3/5

Gameplay-wise this campaign is miles ahead of the original, but there wasn't a great deal of new ground broken and the story was utterly forgettable. I've had more fun in some of the side missions - which can get really interesting - and the strikes, which are nice focused fun, but I haven't had a chance to do the raid yet as I've hit the grind to get a high enough level. My heart is just not in it the way it used to be, and beyond picking off a few missions a week to get better gear, I'm putting this on the backburner.

Streets of Rage (Mega Drive)

Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (3DS)

I love me some Phoenix Wright! For some reason I missed a couple of games (probably because they are digital only) so will have to go back.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4) - After a shockingly awful first hour or so this is actually ruddy bloody good. Probably cheap as chips on psn I reckon too.

The order 1886 (PS4)
Destiny 2 (PS4)
Uncharted 4 (PS4)
Crash Bandicoot (PS4)
Inside (PS4)
Resident evil 7 (PS4)
Bloodborne (PS4)
Gone Home (PS4)
Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
Doom (PS4)
Titanfall 2 (PS4)
The Last Guardian (PS4)
The Last of Us (PS4)
Uncharted 3 (PS4)
Uncharted 2 (PS4)
Uncharted (PS4)
Limbo (PS4)

The Evil Within 2 - PC. I enjoyed the first but this is a huge improvement. Best horror game I've played in a long time. Loved the Silent Hill-esque open world town hub.

ELEX -PC. Really enjoyed it. Piranha Bytes best game by a long way. Still a bit janky and low budget, but the RPG mechanics work well, and I loved the exploration.

Battlechasers: Nightwar - PC.

Destiny 2 - PS4.

Yakuza 0 - PS4.

Metro: Last Light - PC.

Assassin's Creed - Freedom Cry - PS4

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice - PC.

Final Fantasy XII - PS4.

Resident Evil 0 - PC.

Mafia 3 - Stones Unturned - PC

The Witcher 3 - Blood and Wine - PC

Ghost Recon Wildlands - PS4

Secret of Mana - Snes9x

The Last of Us & Left Behind - PS4.

The Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone - PC

RiME - PC

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC

Mass Effect Andromeda - PC

Persona 5 - PS4

Little Nightmares - PC

What Remains of Edith Finch - PC

Mafia III - Faster Baby - PC

Nier Automata - PC

Titanfall 2 - PS4

Horizon: Zero Dawn - PS4

Night in the Woods - PC

Alien: Isolation - PC

The Evil Within - PC

Resident Evil 7 - PC

Dying Light - PC

Forza Horizon 3 - Blizzard Mountain - PC.

The Last Guardian - PS4.

Her Story - PC.

Final Fantasy XV - PS4.

Moirai (PC)

Aaero (PC)

Neon Drive (PC)

Life Is Strange episode 1 : Chrysalis

(PC)

Rez Infinite (PC)

Subsurface Circular (PC)

Persona 5 (PS3)

Stories: Path Of Destinies (PC)

Diablo III (PC)

Wolfenstein : The Old Blood (PC)

Started it on Friday evening, finished it on Saturday, about 6-7 hoursc

in total.

Shorter, and more focused than The New Order. This prequel/expansion was a fun, fairly straightforward bit of extra Wolfenstein which lead into the story of the first game quite nicely.

Red Dead Redemption - Still in my top 5 of all time, has barely dated and still a dream to play though. Cannot believe I didn't play the 'end-game' on my first play though and now I'm super sad! Sad because of the ending and sad because he game is over, what a journey and I miss some of he characters already.

Dying Light-poc-I had a great deal of fun with this, played 99.9% in co-op but the ending is an enforced single player section that is all trial and error and not in keeping with the rest of the game. The parkour is excellent and the combat satisfying. Well worth a play, but I'm safe in saying I will not play this game ever again. A bitter/sweet ending.(reposted because it's 2017...)

WatchDogs-PS4- Yep, really enjoyed that. Not without its flaws but well worth the amount of time I put into it. Got all the single player trophies except the drinking one and starting to work my way towards the online ones. A lot of fun.And Platinum now!

Batman:Telltale Episode 1-This has the usual Telltale Jank, but a little bit less than usual. Good story so far, mixing up the Batman legend. Can't wait to see what happens :)

Batman-Telltale-Episode 2-5- Really enjoyed this. It did fell like more story than gameplay than other Telltale games but it's a good story and it sets it up for a sequel which I'll get when it's on sale. Also another Platinum, although this was a hell of a lot easier than the Watchdogs one.

Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance-PS3-Bat Shit, short and a lot of fun. If you like action games then there's absolutely no reason you won't like this. Even the story had me grinning like a loon, and the final boss is brilliantly OTT. So glad I played it. Maybe I'll play another Metal Gear game at some point.

Star Wars Battlefront:Platinum:Fuck you. I did it. Never entering the single play menu again.EVER! Love the MP though :)

To The Moon-Poc- I needed a break from all the combat heavy games I've been playing the last month(Yakuza 3 and Dead Rising 3) so I played this. Literally the complete polar opposite game. It's a sweet story but not much of a game. I enjoyed it though.

Zelda:Breath of the Wild-Wii U- Fuck me what a game. Best Open world game ever. Horizon isn't even fit to be in the same room, let alone suck its dick. I'm literally at a loss deciding what to play next.

The Last Guardian-PS4-I really enjoyed this. Not without its problems but I expected them going in. Made my eyes rain too. Well worth a play especially as it can be had for peanuts now.

Destiny:Rise of Iron-PS4-Short, sweet and fun. I shouldn't have bought it though as it now has its hooks in my balls again. With this, Overwatch and Battlefront I don't think I'm going to complete many games this year.

EDIT: The Beatles are excellent (in spite of them being Scousers), as is Half Life 2. Episode 1 not so much but 2 is brilliant.

Assassins Creed:Cockney version- PS4-Yeah this is really good fun. I doubt I'm going to platinum it as I tried multiple times to extract the corrupt Copper from Scotland Yard and no matter what I did I couldn't do it without killing people. There are some control issues still that I hope are gone from Oranges. Still got Jack the Ripper dlc but that may have to go on the backburner.

Uncharted:Tornado Low Level-PS4-Looks gorgeous, and doesn't outstay it's welcome like 4. Brilliant.

Battlefield 1-Bone-Mostly shit, with a few moments that shine.

Destiny 2-PS4-Excellent fun was had. Looking forward to the many hundreds of hours ahead. :)

Halo 3:ODST-Bone- I enjoyed this. I finished it on the 360 back in the day and liked it, but this time I REALLY liked it.

Wolfenstein:The Old Blood-PS4- I started this not long after finishing The New Order. I think I was Wolfensteined out as I didn't really get into it. Fast Forward to last week when my hype levels for the new one were high I stuck this back in. Fuck me was this fun. Even a couple of sections where I died loads didn't frustrate me(End of part 1 boss and a town square in part 2) I was having such a good time.

I highly recommend anyone who likes shooters to give this and New Order(no no the band) a go. It's old school mechanics can get a bit annoying at times but once you get past the fact that you have to press square to pick stuff up all the time, and you're health doesn't regenerate you'll find great games. I'm even more hyped for the next one now, but I'll wait a bit.